Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #1

Crossroads Customer Service Tech Support/Poor

What happen to the tech support we use to get? Called last week concerning antifreeze leaking into hot water tank when winterizing. Was told didn't know anything about it. When I ask if there was someone else who I might talk to I was told no. Then he proceeded to tell me they no longer provide tech support. Told me to take it to dealer. Since my unit is out of warranty I do my own repairs. Also, dealer is 3 hours away. Twice when talking to customer service I had to ask if he was still on the line as he wouldn't say anything. Oh well, have been discussing with DW about trading for a new one. Now are considering different manufacture if this is how going to be treated. Hopefully this will get to someone and they can make some changes with tech support.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #2

That is really strange. What is customer service there for if not to provide customers service? I am going to ping Jim L. about this and see what he says.......
Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 AM   #3

Thanks, have always gotten support until now. Service rep told me he didn't know much about plumbing and when I ask if I could speak to someone who does, the answer was no we don't give tech support anymore.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 AM   #4

I got a quick reply from Jim the Redwood product manager at Crossroads.

Quote:
Wow that is news to me I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone
I will let you know if I hear anymore.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #5

Tech Support

Hello All,

I wanted to let you know officially what changes are being made. Crossroads customer service is at this time giving limited over-the-phone tech support. However for Redwood customers, Terry Cooper will be helping with technical questions. Terry is a Redwood owner himself, and is a RVIA Master Certified Technician. For technical questions, please email him at texasrvprofessor@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Jeff
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #6

You have got to be kidding!

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #7

This is a shame. Customer service has been great up until the change and now Crossroads makes changes that hurts the buyers. Go figure.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #8

Will Terry be doing warranty repair work too ?
Maybe I can get him to come back to Texas to fix my many issues
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
Hello All,

I wanted to let you know officially what changes are being made. Crossroads customer service is at this time giving limited over-the-phone tech support. However for Redwood customers, Terry Cooper will be helping with technical questions. Terry is a Redwood owner himself, and is a RVIA Master Certified Technician. For technical questions, please email him at texasrvprofessor@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Jeff
I certainly hope this is a temporary situation. Redwood's tech support has been a plus and discontinuing this will result in a loss in sales for Redwood!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
Hello All,

Thank you,

Jeff
So Jeff,

I'm curious, what service will "Redwood/Crossroads Customer Service" be providing Redwood customers?

Ken
Old 09-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #11

Clarification

Hi again,

I realize by everyone's responses that I didn't communicate the new change as clearly as I should have - please accept my apologies. Please note that your relationship as an owner to our Customer Service department has not changed. We have always provided limited technical assistance to you and that will not change. We can help you with systems troubleshooting and minor issues, but we cannot provide in-depth troubleshooting for major problems (and never have) for several reasons - the most important one being your safety and the safety of your fifth wheel. That is why we always encourage you to allow your dealer to troubleshoot and correct issues that may come up. If in doubt, just give us a call - we will be happy to help, and if we can't assist you over the phone, we will find you a service center who can.

As for Terry's assistance, he has agreed to help out with technical questions in addition to what Crossroads provides. It is just an additional resource for you as a Redwood owner to use.

Please realize that you as our customer are our most valuable asset. Every person at Crossroads/Redwood realizes that. We would never knowingly disappoint you or let you down, and we are always trying to make a better experience for you as an owner. Please accept my apologies for any confusion, and I wish everyone all my best.

Warm Regards,

Jeff
Old 09-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #12

I personally would not expect much from an over the phone diagnosis, but I sure would expect that I could pick up the phone and talk to Engineering to find out how it was put together at the factory! Without that, we are shooting in the dark and Terry isn't going to able to help much with that unless he designed it or built it.

As an example, tracking down the drain and overflow system for the fresh water tank. That was a mystery until a factory visit and discussion with the Engineers at the rally!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I personally would not expect much from an over the phone diagnosis, but I sure would expect that I could pick up the phone and talk to Engineering to find out how it was put together at the factory! Without that, we are shooting in the dark and Terry isn't going to able to help much with that unless he designed it or built it.

As an example, tracking down the drain and overflow system for the fresh water tank. That was a mystery until a factory visit and discussion with the Engineers at the rally!
That is a perfect example. Customer Service will definitely be able to help with questions like that.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 09-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
Site Team

Lets not get our "Panties in knot" yet. Terry in knowledgeable on the components that most of us aren't, like the Fridg, water heater and such. As for how they're put together, many of us have had them apart and we can help each other. They're really not difficult once you do it. Just this past few days we all helped someone with battery problems and I ( and I'm sure some of you) get several emails a month asking for help or guidance.

If I'm understanding Jeff correctly, Redwood will still be there for service work but due to our need for faster answers, Terry will be there to help too. The last RV I had was made by Forrest River and I couldn't get them on the phone for ANYTHING. It's a shame that so many folks on here have had issues that couldn't be resolved correctly with the dealers.

Personally I think it would be wise for Redwood to post a monthly maintenance procedure as a video or easy to follow step by step with pictures. Like lubricating the slides, leveling system or electrical. A kind of "be watching for these issues" type of thing.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #15

Dave,

I think that is a great idea. That said do you know of any good resource that lists what maintenance needs to be done on our RWs?

I want to keep mine in tip top shape but don't know what needs to be done when.

Ken
Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaltman View Post
Dave,

I think that is a great idea. That said do you know of any good resource that lists what maintenance needs to be done on our RWs?

I want to keep mine in tip top shape but don't know what needs to be done when.

Ken
No...that's the problem. I've never really seen a good maintenance schedule for the RVs. Once a year I do the following:

#1 wheel bearings repacked

#2 at the same time I rotate the tires because they rarely

#3 the rod in the water heater has to be replaced

#4 get up on their roofs and remove the a/c covers and clean the condensing units so air can flow through easily.

#5 clean out the drain for the refrigerator

#6 clean the spider weds out of the water heater, furnace and refrigerator

Monthly check:

#1 lubricate the slides

#2 check the springs and grease

#3 spare tire and mounting bolts
Old 09-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Lets not get our "Panties in knot" yet. Terry in knowledgeable on the components that most of us aren't, like the Fridg, water heater and such. As for how they're put together, many of us have had them apart and we can help each other. They're really not difficult once you do it. Just this past few days we all helped someone with battery problems and I ( and I'm sure some of you) get several emails a month asking for help or guidance.
Dave,

I don't think anyone got their panties in a knot. I will say that if I'm crawling around underneath trying to trace a line that is leaking or something like that, I would much rather be able to call the Engineering department first to get the straight scoop or even a drawing before I would throw it out on the forum for general answers. We all do the best we can trying to help each other, but we didn't put these together, and we only have one model. On a forum, there are too many different answers for the same question to mess with when you're up to your eyeballs in hoses and wires.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:00 AM   #18

My calls to Crossroads has been where to bring it for repairs, it's under warranty. I already have a extended warranty with Good Sams and 5 shops that will deal with Good Sams but not Redwood. This December my 2 year warranty is over, but I am glad that I have a lot more options of where to bring it for repairs.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 AM   #19

Is this the same Terry I called back on August 19 or 20 with a couple of questions and I am STILL WAITING FOR A CALL BACK??? I even called him a second time to let him know we found the booster for the tv - he said he thought it was in the cabinets by the tv and we actually found it in the kitchen hutch! I'm glad some people have had good luck with the over-the-phone support - we certainly haven't!!
new yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:34 AM   #20
Dan

WOW not sure what to think I have had great luck with "over the phone/email" repairs, however all those guys have moved on to dealerships. I haven't needed to get in touch with anybody lately and now I am a bit nervous if I need to, there are no dealerships close by that is easy to drag the rig to. On the other hand my 2 year warranty is done and I hope I have all the "bugs" worked out, but still???

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote