Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Does anyone know how to remove surface scratches from the wood kitchen tables in the Redwood? I have Cherry Wood. There's no discoloration and you can not feel the scratch upon touching it. Again, I think it's surface scratches. Thanks.
Missouri Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Dog
Does anyone know how to remove surface scratches from the wood kitchen tables in the Redwood? I have Cherry Wood. There's no discoloration and you can not feel the scratch upon touching it. Again, I think it's surface scratches. Thanks.
The good new is that you can just sand it down and re-stain it since it's real wood. The bad news is that you have to do it.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Dog
The good new is that you can just sand it down and re-stain it since it's real wood. The bad news is that you have to do it.

I think I would try some "Old English" scratch remover before doing a complete re-finishing job unless you really enjoy doing the wood work.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

We use touch up pens that we picked up at Lowes that are the same color as the wood. They work well to cover those surface scratches.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #5

Minwax makes those stain pens and come in a variety of colors. Works great to cover up any minor straches.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #6

We use "Old English" and it works great for the minor scratches.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #7

I used Restor-a-Finish to cover some scratches on the desk. I think it's at Home Depot. It's also good to do maybe once a year to clean and restore the wood.

JJ
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #8

Thanks, everyone. I received my new 2014 Redwood Fifth Wheel on July 3rd and my dog lightly scratched the table on July 6th. Because it was so new, the scratch bothers me. Again thanks for all the responses.
Missouri Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #9

Our RL had flaws in the finishing of the dining table. I lightly sanded it and applied a coat of minwax hand applied satin finish. Comes in a small square pint can with twist off cap. I applied it by hand with a clean soft cloth. I did two coats, one against the grain and one with the grain. You have to move fast and don't go back to many times. Dries in 24 hours or less. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #10

My wife has some touch up pencils with stain of different types. I think she got from Home Depot.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #11

I sanded ours down, applied 4 coats of hand rubbed stain, 6 coats of hand finished acrylic sealer, also did the same to the small table in the living room. We had some deep scratches from dogs trying to look out windows.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #12

How did you match the stain
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote