Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   General RV Questions (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Roadmaster Comfort Ride Springs (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/roadmaster-comfort-ride-springs-5464.html)

texastbird 08-06-2018 07:02 PM

Roadmaster Comfort Ride Springs

Has anyone seen any information about the Roadmaster Comfort Ride springs and shocks? I read the article in the July issue of Trailer Life, but haven't seen much of anything anywhere else. I'm sure the Morryde IS rules over all, but I was just wondering if this would be a significant upgrade in ride quality over the stock system.

Shane Wood 08-06-2018 10:42 PM

I installed centrepoint airbags and joyride shocks on mine. Improved the ride immensely at a third the cost of the IS

texastbird 08-07-2018 05:37 AM

Do you have much of a problem with keeping them inflated? My airbag on the Flex Air needs topping off every few days. I can't find a leak.

hoosierguy 08-07-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texastbird (Post 80702)
Do you have much of a problem with keeping them inflated? My airbag on the Flex Air needs topping off every few days. I can't find a leak.

That seems to be the nature of the beast. I have always had the same issue on my 2012 36RL with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide. When on the move, I check the pressure every morning, otherwise, I check the air pressure prior to hooking up the truck. I have always suspected the schrader valve had a slow leak but everyone that has one of these units seems to have the same problem. So, I don't worry about it too much.

atom ant 08-07-2018 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got tired of getting out the compressor for my Triglide on the Redwood, so I installed one up in the pin box cavity.

texastbird 08-07-2018 04:08 PM

Now I find out there is a company called Liberty Rider that has been selling pretty much the same system for a couple of years. A video on YouTube looks pretty convincing, but Hey, what do I know?

Shane Wood 08-07-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texastbird (Post 80702)

The centrepoint will drops about 3 lbs in a 2 week period
All airbags will hold air for extended period of the connections are done properly

XCMARK 08-08-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierguy (Post 80703)
That seems to be the nature of the beast. I have always had the same issue on my 2012 36RL with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide. When on the move, I check the pressure every morning, otherwise, I check the air pressure prior to hooking up the truck. I have always suspected the schrader valve had a slow leak but everyone that has one of these units seems to have the same problem. So, I don't worry about it too much.

I have a few ideas that may help with the air loss problem. There is a product that Walmart sells called tire slim , its a green paste in a bottle that has sealed my tractor tires and stopped all minor leaks to the point where I don't put air in the tires but maybe every other year. It was to the point of every 2~3 weeks the tires need air. Also metal valve stem caps with rubber gaskets will seal the stem from core leaks , also available at Walmart. the green slime works best if it coates every part of a tire so I am not sure how well its going to work in the air bag but if it isn't hard to remove the bag maybe put some in it and shake it around .

texastbird 08-09-2018 05:25 AM

Yeah, I use slime in my mower tires and it works. But like you said it has to coat the whole tire to work. Not sure how to make it seal a non rotating air bag.

travelin' texans 08-09-2018 06:02 AM

Had the slime in our bicycle tubes, mower tubes & my wheel barrow, but don't think I'd add it to the air bag, I think rotation is the key & not much rotation in the air bag.

Willbetravlin 08-18-2018 06:10 PM

Hopefully there will be NO rotation of the airbag. ��

bdsnook 08-24-2018 05:25 PM

I have the Liberty Rider and think it does a great job......you need every advantage in this day and age with the condition of the northern roads.....;(

texastbird 08-24-2018 06:44 PM

Hey! Thanks for the comment Mr. Snook. I haven't had much luck finding any unbiased opinions on this set up. Anything you would like to add would be appreciated.

bdsnook 08-25-2018 02:08 AM

I did two things that really helped the way my 2013 RL was riding and wearing tires, first I installed the Liberty Rider system and the shock absorber kit. Ordered it all thru the web site and really got lucky and the owner/inventer was coming to Florida anyway and brought it to me saving the shipping cost, he even helped me do the install the first day! His name is Sonny Dismuke...great guy.
Second, at his recommendation, I had the axels aligned after the install, it now tracks straight behind the truck, rides a lot better and the tires show no wear after my last trip of 5700 miles. They had been wearing on the insides due to the chamber being out and the rear axel was toed out a little, all that is corrected now.
The liberty rider was $995.00, the shock kit was like $300 and change and the axel alignment was $400......worth every penny so far...it the tires wear like they are now...I'll get 25k out of them at least...and they are over a $1000 dollars or more per set. I don't regret any of it.

texastbird 08-25-2018 02:27 AM

That's an interesting story. What kind of a shop would be able to do a proper alignment on a fiver?

bdsnook 08-25-2018 02:49 AM

Any good Frame and Axle shop for semi's/big trucks, mine was all computerized latest set up. (Tampa Frame & Axle)