Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Towing and Hitching (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Back at MorRyde again ...... (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f22/back-at-morryde-again-5295.html)

piper guy 04-06-2018 12:31 AM

Back at MorRyde again ......

And totally forgot about the TRAINS !! lol, at least I'm tired enough tonight that I doubt they will keep me awake (that and Tracy made me a very stout Crown and GingerAle ).

Just got hooked up to power about an hour ago, heat is on, life is good. Need to do some minor service checks to the truck and set the alarm for 0530 so I'm awake and halfway coherent at 6:30 to back the rig into the service bay.

Almost 5 years on the IS and disc brakes with no issues and a lot of peace of mind. Time for a good inspection , pack the bearings, and change the pads just cause we're in there.

And then we're headed west !!

mhs4771 04-06-2018 12:44 AM

We have an appointment with Mor/ryde right after the Rally this summer for the same things. We're just shy of 30K in three years.

Jeff&Karen39MB 04-06-2018 02:32 PM

Vaughn, that's my favorite drink, have you tried the Crown Apple yet, in shot form chilled?
Also there is a thing called Maple Kiss, equal parts Crown, Razzmatazz Schnapps and Maple syrup, a nice combo in mixed group, learned that from some Canadians here in Florida, safe travels.

xtasee 04-06-2018 03:00 PM

Wow "equal parts"? Not sure I could drink that much Maple syrup!

Jim & Mary 04-06-2018 06:48 PM

Vaughan

Good luck going around Gary and Chicago!!!!!!!!!! We lost one of our truck front wheel center caps on that awful freeway going to the rally last year. I would seriously consider juggling my schedule so I could do that section very early on a Sunday morning.

piper guy 04-07-2018 03:21 AM

Finish d up at MorRyde about 10:30 and headed w st. No issues around Chicago. We're in Lena , IL. Cold !! Going down to 15 tonight. And this is spring ?

Guy - didn't change brake pads. Sergio at MorRyde looked at them and said they have at least 40% pad left. We will probably do next year but will wait and see. About 32-33k on these now.

hoosierguy 04-07-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper guy (Post 79142)
Finish d up at MorRyde about 10:30 and headed w st. No issues around Chicago. We're in Lena , IL. Cold !! Going down to 15 tonight. And this is spring ?

Guy - didn't change brake pads. Sergio at MorRyde looked at them and said they have at least 40% pad left. We will probably do next year but will wait and see. About 32-33k on these now.

Vaughn......Thanks for the information. I have the Kodiak disk brakes that I ordered from Redwood when I ordered the coach back in 2011. I have between 25K and 30K miles on them since. The brakes still operate and function very well. I need to inspect and check everything this spring when the weather warms.

Stay warm and safe on the way west. Enjoy your summer at Yellowstone.

Guy

Jeff&Karen39MB 04-09-2018 06:02 PM

Yea, we used sugar free Maple.

COLJDM 06-16-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper guy (Post 79127)
And totally forgot about the TRAINS !! lol, at least I'm tired enough tonight that I doubt they will keep me awake (that and Tracy made me a very stout Crown and GingerAle ).

Just got hooked up to power about an hour ago, heat is on, life is good. Need to do some minor service checks to the truck and set the alarm for 0530 so I'm awake and halfway coherent at 6:30 to back the rig into the service bay.

Almost 5 years on the IS and disc brakes with no issues and a lot of peace of mind. Time for a good inspection , pack the bearings, and change the pads just cause we're in there.

And then we're headed west !!

Vaughn, Sam and I replaced our pin box with MorRyde at Buckley AFB in CO. The lippert tri glide fell to pieces when we stopped. We have at least 110K miles on our 2012 36FL and are still wandering around. I am teaching for the National Guard Bureau, and get to wander the eastern seaboard out to the Mississippi, about 4 days a month. Gets me out of the house unless Sam decides she wants to take the coach. Hope you both are doing well, Take Care John and Sam

gossamar 10-18-2018 02:39 AM

PiperGuy....I will be visiting Mor-ryde in about a week to the have the IS installed on my Rushmore, what is the best way to approach the factory...I am thinking about coming in from the south off of route 20. I already have Kodiak disc brakes done by Ron(titanguy) and his crew and I am glad to hear they are holding up well. Thanks.