Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   On the Road & Camping (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Passing Through? (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f16/passing-through-4236.html)

Char & Steve 07-08-2016 02:59 AM

Passing Through?

2 Attachment(s)
Open invitation to Redwood owners. As we are getting ready to sell and go full time soon. I just pulled out a 45' storage trailer and now have planted a new lawn to clean the place up. If you wanted a place to stop for a night or week this one is Free. We are not located in a attraction area but if your passing through we are located in Mansfield CT. and a little over an hour off 95 and 30 minutes off 84. Excuse the dumpster but at least you can unload your trash. Have water hook up and if I know someone is coming I will install a 50 amp service. Small dead end road in the Mansfield Hollow area with some nice hiking trails. Easy pull in or back in. If you would rather have my RW parking spot that overlooks a river I will gladly move that for you.

Steve

5th_Time 07-08-2016 12:41 PM

Mansfield Hollow is such a beautiful area. What a generous offer from Steve...

Ford truck guy 07-08-2016 01:10 PM

That's a great offer Steve...

Perhaps on my next longer Naugatuck visit , I will try it..

I leave next Wednesday for a short NE Trip... Wednesday night at Branch Brook Campground in Thomaston CT.. Thursday - Monday in Fairhaven MA (driveway camping) We leave Monday the 18th to return to PA.. We will be looking for a place to dump along 95 . . .
Any ideas ?

5th_Time 07-08-2016 01:14 PM

CT used to have dumping stations at rest areas. Not sure still do, but worth some research.

bergeman 07-08-2016 01:45 PM

Steve and Char,
That is a great looking piece of property.

Tobys Home 07-08-2016 01:46 PM

Steve and Char you are moving right along since I saw you. Congratulations ! I do have a question and wanted to talk to Redwood but seems that none of there numbers are in service, or even who to speak to. Thanks in advance and again congratulations. (Nice barn)

Ford truck guy 07-08-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th_Time (Post 67766)
CT used to have dumping stations at rest areas. Not sure still do, but worth some research.

Thanks.... I will look into that.. I did find a KOA at exit 92.. will call them if need be and pay the $10.00 or whatever..

RollingDowntheHighway 07-08-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford truck guy (Post 67770)
Thanks.... I will look into that.. I did find a KOA at exit 92.. will call them if need be and pay the $10.00 or whatever..

Some still do,

the following ones do (or at least did last fall)
84 E in Danbury
91 N in middletown
84E in southington (past the truck stop exit)

The ones on 95 closed when they remodeled the rest areas, not sure if they put them back or have plans to put them back

Ford truck guy 07-08-2016 08:35 PM

I did call the CT rest stops.. they no longer have dump stations at any of the stops on 95

Char & Steve 07-09-2016 02:18 AM

CT. has nothing to offer except high taxes and that is why we are getting out!!!!

Looks like you answered your question. Long day and just got here.

Steve