Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   General RV Questions (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Sewer Boom (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/sewer-boom-321.html)

Enroute 07-10-2012 03:15 PM

I noted on my new 2013 RW 36RL that the sewer boom was missing when I saw it at the dealership. My salesman just called this afternoon and said that Redwood is no longer using the sewer boom due to many issues and complaints they received from owners. They also stated that a few owners complained as curbs and road debris tore a few of them off. There supposedly is a new built in hose carrier right next to the connection port. I am having the shop add an additional carrier to the rear of my coach as well just to be sure I have enough room to carry a few extra hoses.

Grandpa 07-10-2012 04:07 PM

I removed my boom after a couple of trips. Couldn't find a hose to fit in it. Too much trouble.

Can you post a picture of the new hose housing? It could be the answer for some of us 2012 owners.

mhs4771 07-10-2012 04:51 PM

I'm with Grandpa, couldn't make it work on our Montana and no better luck with our 36RL. I've added to hose carriers to the back using the Receiver Hitch frame work.

Dave&Ginny 07-10-2012 06:38 PM

I think I'm going to switch to a sewage pump. That way the hose is smaller and easier to carry.

Campers 07-10-2012 06:41 PM

Mine still works great. Only 10 feet of hose but it works.

KR2011 07-10-2012 06:46 PM

I took ours off the day I picked it from the dealership then I cut and relocated the exit tube to make easy to drain into a tote tank.

lillyputz 07-10-2012 07:41 PM

For those interested. on the web, go to valterra. they have the dominator sewer hose extentions. 2ft. 5ft. 10ft. you can use the 5ft. or 10ft. with the factory tube and install there EZ hose carrier that will hold the longer one, that will connect to the one that stays in the tube.

Lillyputz

Enroute 07-10-2012 09:02 PM

I will try to post some photos as soon as I am able to pick up my coach. Hoping for a Friday pick up, but that might not happen...

COLJDM 07-10-2012 11:06 PM

I purchased a semi rigid sewer hose from camping world, 10 ft. Installed it in the boom, and I carry an additional 20 ft in a plastic container. The boom is working fine and we have had no problems. We have travelled over 6Kmiles thusfar and had no issues. However, am comtemplating purchasing a sewage pump, shurflow makes one and my father in law has one, it works great, pumps his tank out in minutes, up a hill and 90 feet into the septic tank.

sinder 07-11-2012 12:18 AM

I took a 4 inch x ~6ft black PVC pipe drilled some holes in it, capped one end and have a removal cap on the other end for storing a 15 foot sewer hose. I used 3 large hose clamps to attach it underneath the back of the trailer on hitch mount. It works great and you can really only see the end caps from the sides.