Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   General RV Questions (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   water drip out of blue drain hose (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f10/water-drip-out-of-blue-drain-hose-2979.html)

Aguanga 05-28-2015 08:03 PM

water drip out of blue drain hose
 
I have a 2015 Redwood 39MB. There is 2 blue hoses towards the back of 5th wheel under the kitchen slide out one has a handle to release water and the other one a drain hose. I noticed plenty of water dripping from the drain hose but don't know where this drip is coming from. My first guess was the ice maker or refrigerator defrost. Anyone have a answer for this? Thanks, Susie

sbenhoff 05-31-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguanga (Post 47819)
I have a 2015 Redwood 39MB. There is 2 blue hoses towards the back of 5th wheel under the kitchen slide out one has a handle to release water and the other one a drain hose. I noticed plenty of water dripping from the drain hose but don't know where this drip is coming from. My first guess was the ice maker or refrigerator defrost. Anyone have a answer for this? Thanks, Susie

I have also dealt with a similar issue but my two blue hoses are more under my BR slide out. We have a 2015 38RL, so we may or may not be talking about the same thing.


I found in another post that my issue was related to the fresh water tank. The one without a shutoff valve is the overflow. Unfortunately, RW has an issue with the tank creating a "siphoning effect" when it is filled. The water will continue to come out once it gets started and will not stop until it gets down to a certain level. For me, it was about the 1/3 level. Some had suggested to put a similar shutoff valve on there to stop the flow, which is what I did until I could get it back for warranty work.


My dealer, ExploreUSA, had to drop the fresh water tank in order to fix the issue. When I asked my service advisor what he did to fix it, I was told the tech would only tell him "it was a secret". For the life of me, I don't understand that kind of a response.


I haven't had a chance to test out the fix yet, but I do have the shutoff valve on it if it should leak again.


I hope this helps.


Steve

Aguanga 05-31-2015 08:16 PM

Thanks for your help. My fresh water tank is 3/4 full from the dealer. Spoke with dealer and they didn't know (DUH) so I will call RW direct and let you know what I find out.

sbenhoff 05-31-2015 08:19 PM

Yea....it's amazing how those that work on these units at the dealerships must rarely read the forums. When I mention information I have found in this forum they have no idea what I'm talking about. You would think they would want to pick up on a few pointers from actual RW owners.....I hope RW can help you out

markw 06-01-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbenhoff (Post 47896)
Yea....it's amazing how those that work on these units at the dealerships must rarely read the forums. When I mention information I have found in this forum they have no idea what I'm talking about. You would think they would want to pick up on a few pointers from actual RW owners.....I hope RW can help you out

Add to that, many have never owned an rv themselves.

Mark

rob_fla 06-01-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markw (Post 47902)
Add to that, many have never owned an rv themselves.

Mark

It is just a paycheck to many of them :socool:

Aguanga 06-09-2015 12:50 AM

I guess I should have read more of the threads to find out this is a common problem. I have repaired this issue with a shut of valve from HD. I'm now on page 47 of all the great posts. So far I love my Redwood. Minor issues only so far.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.