Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   RVLock Support Team (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/rvlock-support-team-1557.html)

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 01:20 AM

RVLock Support Team
 
RVLock Support Team is now on the Redwood forum. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can help you out with...

johnboytoo 03-13-2014 01:32 AM

Welcome and good to see some support....

Too bad I don't have your type as my Bauer has never worked :)

mhs4771 03-13-2014 02:06 AM

I will give you my Kudos as we use our RV Lock all the time, don't think I've ever used the key. Even ordered the Key FOBs and have them programmed in.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 02:09 AM

We have enjoyed working with Redwood and hope that you will enjoy your Redwood rig just as much.

subdoc4 03-13-2014 02:28 AM

OK...I will be the first negative post. Our FOBS have been great. That said, the keypad has been replace 2 times in the last year and the current one wont even "beep" anymore (I know, the batteries again).
Is there an answer for the keypad?
Thank you for your time.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 02:40 AM

I appreciate your patience as well as your comments. There are basically two reasons why you're RVLock keypad is failing. The most common reason is from someone power washing and injecting water into them either from a consumer or from a dealership. This can usually be remedied by removing the two screws and the battery cover and allowing it to sit and dry out and then replacing the battery. The other reason is a lack of connection between the battery terminal and the battery in the keypad itself. This can usually be corrected by removing the battery and sliding or bending the contacts closer to the battery. This can be done with a small mirror and a small watch screwdriver, or a pair of tweezers. If the keypad is getting power, then you will hear the beeps. If you have beeps, then it should function the handle. Hopefully this will help you.

Dave&Ginny 03-13-2014 02:51 AM

This is a GREAT idea....welcome to the group

Blenhardt 03-13-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subdoc4 (Post 23160)
OK...I will be the first negative post. Our FOBS have been great. That said, the keypad has been replace 2 times in the last year and the current one wont even "beep" anymore (I know, the batteries again).
Is there an answer for the keypad?
Thank you for your time.

I have the same problem. Replaced once. Batteries changed at the service center-worked only about 3 months. Currently not getting any beeps. Will try bending the battery contacts. My coach has NOT been power washed. The remote does work.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 05:33 AM

Please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Railcat 03-13-2014 05:45 AM

I was curious to know if I can get remotes for mine? Figured it would come with them but haven't found any yet. It is a 14 model 38rl produced in October if 2014.

rayrussel 03-13-2014 01:29 PM

I am on my second Bauer and neither has worked. Which one of your locks could I replace it with?

EWendlandt 03-13-2014 02:50 PM

once we got online and found the instructions and replaced the batteries ( our new camper was a carry over ) our key pad has worked great. Once working we haven't used the keys. going to try programming the fob next

travelin' texans 03-13-2014 03:57 PM

Thanks for coming aboard, wish more suppliers were brave enough to face the mob. I think the problem with my pad is where it is placed, rain, dew, any moisture runs down awning arm directly to keypad. I got tired o constantly drying it out & bought the fobs, removed battery from pad & all is well

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 04:12 PM

Absolutely. They are super easy to sync up, simply push the learn button on the handle until you get just one beep, then push the lock button on your new remote multiple times until it actuates the deadbolt. Let me know if I can help. Thx.

arcticman1957 03-15-2014 02:22 AM

I am also having serious water problems again this is the second keypad and I think your product is junk. While I was trying to dry it out the last time I drop a screw and could not find. I contact customer service and they said it would cost $10.00 really that is a little excessive.

One unhappy customer and telling everybody to avoid RV Locks.

Rick and Mindy 03-15-2014 03:19 AM

First of all, I welcome you to the forum and I hope you will be able to resolve all the problems we seem to be having with the RV Locks. Mine has never worked from day 1. Because of this, I cannot think of a time that I would trust using the keypad and not having my key with me. If I have to carry the key with me to guarantee my entrance than I really do not need the lock. My Redwood is currently having warranty work completed at a dealership but just for the fun of it I will try your possible solutions to see if I can actually get the keypad to work. I wonder why the coaches do not come with a fob, it seems to be the one item that works.:confused:

randeez2001 03-15-2014 03:26 PM

My keypad has never worked correctly on my unit. Told the dealership and got the proverbial shrug. Could always get the keypad to lock the unit, but not unlock. Changed batteries, etc. Didn't take long to realize that my confidence resided in using key. It works all the time.

5th_Time 03-15-2014 05:58 PM

Articman1957,
RV Lock is known for bending over backward to support or replace any of their products we have trouble with - no questions asked. Did they not treat you fairly?

[moderator edit]

randeez2001 03-15-2014 07:15 PM

You can expect a rude email from customer support for you comment now. They don't like hearing negative comments in the forum. ( I know from experience :-)

arcticman1957 03-15-2014 08:34 PM

[moderator edit]I love my Redwood but someone at RV Lock sold them a bill of good to get this contract. Since seems to be the biggest issue with the Redwood they should be pushing RV Locks to replace with out question any faulty unit or quit installing them unless they are spec out by the buyer.

[moderator edit]My experiences with this company have problematic from the beginning. Two weeks out of warranty and I had to purchase another unit. Then $10.00 for a screw that I found locally for .17 cents. The unit still does not work.

[moderator edit]

atom ant 03-15-2014 08:46 PM

Wow :hide:

5th_Time 03-15-2014 09:58 PM

Hello!?! You posted on a forum...

rayrussel 03-15-2014 10:50 PM

After two defective units from the "other" supplier I purchased a RVLock with extra fob for $299. My enthusiasm faded quickly when I realized the new rvlock exterior trim is not as big as the Baur trim. Since Redwood installed the lock before the door was painted I have a huge area of primer showing. I need a properly fitted escutcheon plate but when I tried to find a customer service number on their web site I couldn't find a number or an email address. As it stands I have a very expensive camper and with a realitively expensive keyless hanging on the door with a large spot of primer showing. Need a number!

Adamsvr 03-15-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayrussel (Post 23273)
After two defective units from the "other" supplier I purchased a RVLock with extra fob for $299. My enthusiasm faded quickly when I realized the new rvlock exterior trim is not as big as the Baur trim. Since Redwood installed the lock before the door was painted I have a huge area of primer showing. I need a properly fitted escutcheon plate but when I tried to find a customer service number on their web site I couldn't find a number or an email address. As it stands I have a very expensive camper and with a realitively expensive keyless hanging on the door with a large spot of primer showing. Need a number!

The RV Support number is: 1.888.316.9899

Support Admin 03-15-2014 11:13 PM

:peace:Folks, our rules do not permit attacking other members or rants regarding a vendor/manufacturer/business.

Discuss the issue, not each other.

Both positive and negative comments are welcome, but posts must be collegial.

Thanks.

Adios, Dirk

johnboytoo 03-16-2014 01:53 AM

Dirk !!!

Now you must make collegial a link so we can look it up :)

but if you are asking, I was collegial - I went to LSU !

rayrussel 03-16-2014 12:42 PM

Redwood should require certain minimum standards from it's vendors. An on-line customer service presents (email, toll free number) should be mandatory.

Grandpa 03-17-2014 10:31 PM

Our 36RL just celebrated its second anniversary as a member of our family! The initial RVLock crashed a few weeks after we picked up the unit. I called their service folks, received a replacement in a few days and it's worked like a charm since. I think the key (no pun intended) here is the quick response and the willingness to get a fix to you with minimal delay. Thanks RVLock!:horse:

homeguy 03-17-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandpa (Post 23379)
our 36rl just celebrated its second anniversary as a member of our family! The initial rvlock crashed a few weeks after we picked up the unit. I called their service folks, received a replacement in a few days and it's worked like a charm since. I thing the key here is the quick response and the willingness to get a fix to you with minimal delay. Thanks rvlock!:horse:

love the horse!

rcflame 03-18-2014 12:53 AM

We have a 2012 Redwood 36 RL. We had to replace the keypad shortly after we bought it. It has been working fine until now. When we put the code into the pad the lock buzzes about half as long as it used to, but doesn't move the lock. I have replaced the batteries in the pad and in the lock with no change. The lock works easily with the key or the inside knob. I have lubed up the lock.
Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem.

subdoc4 03-18-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVLockSupport (Post 23163)
I appreciate your patience as well as your comments. There are basically two reasons why you're RVLock keypad is failing. The most common reason is from someone power washing and injecting water into them either from a consumer or from a dealership. This can usually be remedied by removing the two screws and the battery cover and allowing it to sit and dry out and then replacing the battery. The other reason is a lack of connection between the battery terminal and the battery in the keypad itself. This can usually be corrected by removing the battery and sliding or bending the contacts closer to the battery. This can be done with a small mirror and a small watch screwdriver, or a pair of tweezers. If the keypad is getting power, then you will hear the beeps. If you have beeps, then it should function the handle. Hopefully this will help you.

I have tried the above remedy, to no avail. By the way, I do not power wash the unit.
The FOB still works.:flowers:

RVLockSupport 03-18-2014 01:22 AM

Please let me know if you need any additional help...

RVLockSupport 03-18-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticman1957 (Post 23239)
I am also having serious water problems again this is the second keypad and I think your product is junk. While I was trying to dry it out the last time I drop a screw and could not find. I contact customer service and they said it would cost $10.00 really that is a little excessive.

One unhappy customer and telling everybody to avoid RV Locks.

We would be more than happy to replace your defective keypad. It is important to us that we always listen to our customers and continually improve our products. As you are referring to our first generation run on our wireless keypads, we appreciate your feedback and we have made improvements based on our great testers in the field. Thanks again...

0nTheRoad 03-18-2014 01:55 AM

James, it's really great that you are on this forum and even greater that you have such a passion for your product and customer satisfaction.

Wish I could retrofit from the Bauer we have...it's never worked and doesn't have the FOB option...bummer!!

RVLockSupport 03-18-2014 02:03 AM

That does sound strange. It is hard to know from your description if its the handle or the keypad that has the issue. Could you get a remote and sync it up to your handle? This would show us quickly which part has the issue and then we can replace the defective with one that works.

RVLockSupport 03-18-2014 02:23 AM

It wont retrofit into your current opening? The RVLock handle should fit back into the same size hole.

rcflame 03-18-2014 04:23 PM

We have a 2012 Redwood 36 RL. We had to replace the keypad shortly after we bought it. It has been working fine until now. When we put the code into the pad the lock buzzes about half as long as it used to, but doesn't move the lock. I have replaced the batteries in the pad and in the lock with no change. The lock works easily with the key or the inside knob. I have lubed up the lock.
Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem. Yesterday 04:57 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by RVLockSupport (Post 23405)
That does sound strange. It is hard to know from your description if its the handle or the keypad that has the issue. Could you get a remote and sync it up to your handle? This would show us quickly which part has the issue and then we can replace the defective with one that works.

James,

We have a remote which we got shortly after the camper. I tried it also when we started having the problem. It does the same thing. We didn't use it to often, but up until then if worked fine. If you want to go to me directly, my email is rcflame@gmail.com Thanks for you attention to this problem.

homeguy 03-18-2014 05:05 PM

one thing everyone should check periodically are the contacts between the door and the door jam. The contacts tend to oxidize after a while. I have to clean mine every couple of months to remove the corrosion. if you are having problems with your locks, check to see if this might be the culprit.

Dan 03-18-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeguy (Post 23418)
one thing everyone should check periodically are the contacts between the door and the door jam. The contacts tend to oxidize after a while. I have to clean mine every couple of months to remove the corrosion. if you are having problems with your locks, check to see if this might be the culprit.

I don't get this one? The keypad is wireless

homeguy 03-18-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 23431)
I don't get this one? The keypad is wireless

I don't have a keypad on mine, only 2 fobs. But, I bet if you look at the bottom of the door, below the lowest hinge, you will see 2 brass contacts that meet 2 small plates. This is how the lock gets it signal to lock and unlock. If they are corroded, it will act like a dead battery.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.