Redwood RV Owners Community

Redwood RV Owners Community (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/)
-   Redwood Care and Feeding (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   RVLock Support Team (http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/f13/rvlock-support-team-1557.html)

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 01:20 AM

RVLock Support Team

RVLock Support Team is now on the Redwood forum. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can help you out with...

johnboytoo 03-13-2014 01:32 AM

Welcome and good to see some support....

Too bad I don't have your type as my Bauer has never worked :)

mhs4771 03-13-2014 02:06 AM

I will give you my Kudos as we use our RV Lock all the time, don't think I've ever used the key. Even ordered the Key FOBs and have them programmed in.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 02:09 AM

We have enjoyed working with Redwood and hope that you will enjoy your Redwood rig just as much.

subdoc4 03-13-2014 02:28 AM

OK...I will be the first negative post. Our FOBS have been great. That said, the keypad has been replace 2 times in the last year and the current one wont even "beep" anymore (I know, the batteries again).
Is there an answer for the keypad?
Thank you for your time.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 02:40 AM

I appreciate your patience as well as your comments. There are basically two reasons why you're RVLock keypad is failing. The most common reason is from someone power washing and injecting water into them either from a consumer or from a dealership. This can usually be remedied by removing the two screws and the battery cover and allowing it to sit and dry out and then replacing the battery. The other reason is a lack of connection between the battery terminal and the battery in the keypad itself. This can usually be corrected by removing the battery and sliding or bending the contacts closer to the battery. This can be done with a small mirror and a small watch screwdriver, or a pair of tweezers. If the keypad is getting power, then you will hear the beeps. If you have beeps, then it should function the handle. Hopefully this will help you.

Dave&Ginny 03-13-2014 02:51 AM

This is a GREAT idea....welcome to the group

Blenhardt 03-13-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subdoc4 (Post 23160)
OK...I will be the first negative post. Our FOBS have been great. That said, the keypad has been replace 2 times in the last year and the current one wont even "beep" anymore (I know, the batteries again).
Is there an answer for the keypad?
Thank you for your time.

I have the same problem. Replaced once. Batteries changed at the service center-worked only about 3 months. Currently not getting any beeps. Will try bending the battery contacts. My coach has NOT been power washed. The remote does work.

RVLockSupport 03-13-2014 05:33 AM

Please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Railcat 03-13-2014 05:45 AM

I was curious to know if I can get remotes for mine? Figured it would come with them but haven't found any yet. It is a 14 model 38rl produced in October if 2014.