Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #1

Just took delivery of our new 36RL. Its a beautiful unit especially since we opted for full body paint. But....Already had to take it back to the dealer to get the outside lights rewired. They did not work but do now. I would hate to get the paint job damaged by the door. There is no door stop. The 40 lb LP bottles are not very secure on one side. The Maxxair 4700K don't appear to have a working rain sensor. And how about the sewage connection. I bought a 5 ft tube holder and screwed it on the frame to hold an extra 15 foot hose. The existing contraption just will not hold enough hose for most campsites. No towel racks provided for the bathroom.
I know that every rv has some bugs so I'm not too surprised but for this quality of rig it seems a bit much. We love the quality overall and actually toured the factory before deciding to buy,
Does anyone else have any concerns about these annoying bugs or experienced any others?
farmerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerJohn
Just took delivery of our new 36RL. Its a beautiful unit especially since we opted for full body paint. But....Already had to take it back to the dealer to get the outside lights rewired. They did not work but do now. I would hate to get the paint job damaged by the door. There is no door stop. The 40 lb LP bottles are not very secure on one side. The Maxxair 4700K don't appear to have a working rain sensor. And how about the sewage connection. I bought a 5 ft tube holder and screwed it on the frame to hold an extra 15 foot hose. The existing contraption just will not hold enough hose for most campsites. No towel racks provided for the bathroom.
I know that every rv has some bugs so I'm not too surprised but for this quality of rig it seems a bit much. We love the quality overall and actually toured the factory before deciding to buy,
Does anyone else have any concerns about these annoying bugs or experienced any others?

That is too bad about the lights..........that should have been found by the QC person at the factory and for sure by the dealer is his pre-delivery check out.

I know my fans work but don'tknow if the rain sensor works...........how do you check that out.........wait for a rain or get out the garden hose?

My wife solved the towel rack issue by going to Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased an over the door rack with 4 hooks for towels........works quite nicely.

The sewer drain line boom is something I need to work on this spring. I did not like the fact that it would only hold about 15 feet max of the sewer line.

Any way.........congratulatins on your 36RL purchase. We sure love our unit so far.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #3

our current 5th wheels has rain sensor fans, I did check them when I first bought it,by misting water on them with a garden hose. they work fine.

Lillyputz
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #4

I have to eat some humble pie regarding the rain sensors. I made my judgement based on the fact that when it rained yesterday it did not close. Maybe i didn't wait long enough. Today I got on the roof and poured some water on the sensor and it closed right away. So I guess it does work if it rains long enough.
farmerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #5

For future reference if you put a drop of water on the rain sensor it should close the vent lid right away.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #6

Our 36FL didn't come with towel racks either. My wife picked out some nice hooks that match the finish on the bathroom fixtures and I installed them with some hollow wall anchors. I put two above the toilet between the linen closet and the door. I mounted four more on the wall above the bathroom light switches.
I think every RV owner makes some sort of modifications to their unit...it's part of the fun of ownership.

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #7

We too have homified our coach. We have had a few little bugs, but nothing that an experienced rver couldn't fix.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
Our 36FL didn't come with towel racks either. My wife picked out some nice hooks that match the finish on the bathroom fixtures and I installed them with some hollow wall anchors. I put two above the toilet between the linen closet and the door. I mounted four more on the wall above the bathroom light switches.
I think every RV owner makes some sort of modifications to their unit...it's part of the fun of ownership.

By the way..you folks sure have a nice looking rig!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #9

thanks... we appreciate the nice comments we get from fine people like you.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #10

I hope our rig looks that good together

Old 03-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #11

Ours is the basic exterior package, but it matched our truck very nicely. They do stand out going down the road.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
Site Team

What's going to be nice is when we get a bunch of these together
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #13

Does that mean there is going to be a different club for each of the colors.

Lillyputz
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #14

I just knew someone would go there. Just like the Corvette, BMW, Porsche....forums. Then there will be the floor plan sub-clubs. Oh I hope we never get that big. Bigger, but not that big.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #15

Is there going to be a 36fl sub club. LOL. One BIG happy family.
Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Site Team

Nope...Redwoods are like women...they're all beautiful in their own way.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #17

I nominate Dave for group spokesperson after that line...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:

Careful!! Around my office there's something called Daveisms and I'm not sure the group will appreciate all of them. I'm not what's called PC...when I hire people I simply tell them "if you ask my opinion I'll happily give it....but if you're asking for me to give youyour opinion...you're asking the wrong person".
Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #19

Amen Dave!

Old 03-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #20

Quote:

How about Redwood Club President?
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote