Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #21

Another "bug" appeared or maybe its just me. I turned on the TV's today and tried to scan all channels available. No channels are available was the result. Do i have to do any more hookups in order to get the Wineguard antenna to send signal to the TV's? In my last unit it was all ready to go as soon as I turned the TV on. But maybe in the Redwood I need to connect something. My dealer did not say anything about this at all. I'll ask him tomorrow but in the meantime maybe one of you can help.
farmerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #22

Make sure the tv is set to "antenna" and not cable, then check to make sure your booster is on. The green light will be lit.
They really don't a very good job at marking the coax connections so you may have to try connecting to different ones and repeating the process.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Dave&Ginny

What is your rig gonna look like full paint and magtching truck?
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerJohn
Another "bug" appeared or maybe its just me. I turned on the TV's today and tried to scan all channels available. No channels are available was the result. Do i have to do any more hookups in order to get the Wineguard antenna to send signal to the TV's? In my last unit it was all ready to go as soon as I turned the TV on. But maybe in the Redwood I need to connect something. My dealer did not say anything about this at all. I'll ask him tomorrow but in the meantime maybe one of you can help.

On our 36RL, there is a antenna signal amplifier on the ceiling above the bedroom TV. There is a push button switch on the amplifier to turn it on (green LED will light when turned on). If the antenna amplifier is not turned on, you will not get any channels.

Our TV's are Toshiba and you have to go to the menu and select antenna input (make sure the cable is connected to the antenna jack). Of course make sure that the antenna is cranked up andpointing in the general direction of transmitters ( you may have to try a couple of directions). Then go to the menu and do a channel scan. There are two cable jacks above the TV. If you don't get any channels, try the other jack. On our unit, the jack to the left is connected to the antenna.

Good luck.

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #25

I second that nomination, Dave for Club President.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #26

It has taken me almost a month to figure out the sat system - not to mention the cable/antennae configuration. That takes us back to the not so user friendly manuals.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #27

Once you figure out how to receive OTA (over the air) signals you can go tohttp://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx to locate the local broadcast towers. It will give you a google map with a "pin" at your location and lines pointing to the towers. They also give the compass heading.
For those of you with portable satellite dishes, you can go tohttp://www.dishpointer.com/and get a visual on the satellites' locations. Just enter your physical address and the "birds" your looking for and it will show a google earth view with your location and lines pointing to the satellites. It also provides the elevation, azimuth and skew.
If you have a Smartphone, Dishpointer has an augmented reality app that you can use to visually locate the satellites with your smartphone...very cool.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

Dave&Ginny

What is your rig gonna look like full paint and magtching truck?

Sorry I turned off the computer last night.....Yes we ordered the Black/red full body pant and I have a 2011 black and chrome f350 srw. I think it'll look good going down the road.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #29

I think a black/red fbp Redwood being towed by a black truck will look great.. just my opinion

<center></center>Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I think a black/red fbp Redwood being towed by a black truck will look great.. just my opinion

Your truck looks great! Just a thought...but I'm going to make 4 color business cards with a picture of my rig on the back of it, so I can hand out my email adress to stay in contact with people I meet. If you want some email me. they're cheep.
<center></center>
Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #31

I think it would be a great idea if we had cards for all RW Club Members like that so we could exchange them at rallies.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
I think it would be a great idea if we had cards for all RW Club Members like that so we could exchange them at rallies.

A few years ago, cards like that would cost about $1 each now we can get them for about 5cents each. How about a woody email address for everybody? I think I can get those for free
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #33

My wife and I spent the weekend at a State Park that doesn't offer sewer hook ups. We found that even using the shower sparingly, the 45 gallon on board tank fell far short of the capacity needed to handle two nights of use. Has anyone experienced an issue with the size of the gray tank? The other tank, the Galley Tank, was barley used and showed less than 1/3 level on the guage. Yes, there are showers available in the park but why use the public facilities if you have a rig like the Redwood 36RL?

Does anyone know if the two gray tanks can be connected so when one tops off, it flows into the other? Can that be done?

Texas has tons of great State Parks and we don't want to give up staying in the ones that don't offer full hook-ups and we want to avoid not taking a shower for several days. That could get nasty.

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #34

Years ago, when trailers were small and the tanks were rediculously small, I had my dealer plumb a transfer line from the grey water to the blackwater tank. This not only free'd shower capacity, but helped the blackwater tank "flow".

It takes a while for dry-camping owners to get used to the "three gallon showers" and the need for solar panels. You should check into your idea of connecting or transferring between the grey water tanks. 90 gallons total should last you a week if you're careful.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #35

I don't understand the whole gray vs galley water. On our motor home we had 1 one hundred gallon gray tank and it would last us four or five days and we didn't take short showers.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #36

Does anyone know what drains into what tank? We have a dishwasher and washer/dryer but never use them unless we're connected to sewer. The idea of connecting the two is excellent.

How much trouble is it to get to those tanks and can they be connected on the Redwood?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #37

The dishwasher drains into the galley tank and the washer dryer drains in the gray tank. I will be placing a 4th dump valve in my underbelly that will allow me to close the whole sewer system off so thatI can open the 2 gray tanks and fill them both at the same time and if that is not enoughI can move gray water to the black tank as well and not get a drop seweroutside at all.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #38

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

TravelinAnderson

Now that's a nice size picture of your rig and they really look good together so I bet Dave and Ginny's color combo will look very similar...We thought we might get ours in 2 weeks but the dealer advised us the one on the line they had a handle on was too far into production to make the option changes we wanted so we don't really know when we will get ours
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #39

Interesting concept. Have you done this before or seen it done? How difficult is it to make this happen? Where would you place the additional valve? It seems to be an easiersolution thanconnecting the two gray tanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #40

Bryan, What a good idea.Ihope you get your Redwoodearly so you can sharehow you're going to do it.

Most times the blackwater sits almost empty while the grey water gets pegged. Not sure why they plumbed two separate zones for grey water, but when dry camping, I'll hate to tow down to dump dumping station afterjust one of the three are full.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote