Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #21

I think Grand Design.

Chris.
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #22

We looked at the Grand Design - Solitude... Don't get me wrong , they were real nice trailers.... Just not in the same park as the Redwoods... Probably the class below...
Plastic steps inside... The bathroom sink felt fake . . NO rear cap . . No residential fridge . .
BUT - For the price , they are really good looking trailers....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #23

I'm willing to give him a chance, it cant hurt. I'm sure being the new president he has is hands and pants full. Time will only tell and proof will come through actions.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #24

GD stands for Grand Design

GD is Grand Design. Sorry folks I thought everyone knew!
Suzanne912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne912 View Post
I currently own a GD although it is nice I found the RW to be of higher quality. A dealer told me to stay away from RW ...
I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the 2016 39MB - which I absolutely love!
What can you tell me about RW that will change my mind about GD -Help me make this decision.
My dealer sells both and we looked at both. The build quality on the RW is simply steps ahead of GD. While the GD units are nice I couldn't get past the wood truss roofs. Also the finish is much better in a RW. I think the RW is a full time unit and the GD are designed for extended camping. While all RV's have issues I don't think RW has any more than the next. What I would tell you is choose your dealer carefully, a lot is after sale service and good service is hard to come by. If You like the 39 MB then shop around and spend some time looking at them. Go back several times then go look at other brands then go back to the RW again ... It will become clear if the RW is for you.

Good Luck on your search!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Rumer on the crossroad forum is that crossroads has cancelled their national rally for July . Anyone hear anything
Old 04-28-2016, 12:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Rumer on the crossroad forum is that crossroads has cancelled their national rally for July . Anyone hear anything
Shane , crossroads does also put on CR rallies... Not just Redwood specific... I believe that almost , if not all the regional rallies are considered Crossroads rallies, not RW ....
Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 AM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
They were talking about the national one in shipshewana in july not the regional ones. Just curious if the new management is backing out of supporting the rallys which could include the redwood one. As you know how Rumors are there could be no merit to this . Just checkin
Old 04-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #29

Quote:
They were talking about the national one in shipshewana in july not the regional ones. Just curious if the new management is backing out of supporting the rallys which could include the redwood one. As you know how Rumors are there could be no merit to this . Just checkin
I did see 2 National rallies in Shipshewana listed originally on the rally site.. Like stated, the 1 was all of crossroads... And the other was straight up Redwood..... I think Jay (usaf1949) OR Lady E may some insight
Old 04-28-2016, 12:46 AM   #30

Yes it looks like the all crossroads national was cancelled due to lack of participation
Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #31

I believe CR's was scheduled for July. Haven't heard anything about RW being canx. We just made our RW reservations this week for the Aug National Rally. If it was being canx I don't believe they would be taking new reservations.

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:51 AM   #32

Crossroads was canceled due to a lack of participation. The redwood rally is not affected
Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 AM   #33

Back to the Letter, don't forget that he's the President of Crossroads and all their different models and RW is just a small portion.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:05 AM   #34

You got it any person in that position has more problems to deal with than an rv forum
Old 04-28-2016, 02:16 AM   #35

Quote:
You got it any person in that position has more problems to deal with than an rv forum

You all so have to admit, and awful, awful lot of his problems are on and RV forum.
I just think it was a joke to tell everybody to contact Fuller. Huh, she doesn't answer PMs so not much help there either.

Yes it is true. The National Crossroads Rally in July has been cancelled.
Reason stated was lack of participation.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
You all so have to admit, and awful, awful lot of his problems are on and RV forum.
I just think it was a joke to tell everybody to contact Fuller. Huh, she doesn't answer PMs so not much help there either.

Yes it is true. The National Crossroads Rally in July has been cancelled.
Reason stated was lack of participation.
Keep in mind that Christian's sole responsibility at RW was to monitor the forums. We were spoiled by her participation. On the other hand, Kathy Fuller already had full time duties at RW so it's probably overload for her to read through each and every post here to see what's going on.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #37

Tracy -
I find it extremely hard to believe that Christian's sole responsibility was to monitor the forums. After all, this is a for-profit corporation. To think that this was all she did at work is a bit difficult for me to believe. And if you are in fact, correct, I'm not surprised she and her father are gone. That workload would be the quintessential definition of nepotism.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Tracy -
I find it extremely hard to believe that Christian's sole responsibility was to monitor the forums. After all, this is a for-profit corporation. To think that this was all she did at work is a bit difficult for me to believe. And if you are in fact, correct, I'm not surprised she and her father are gone. That workload would be the quintessential definition of nepotism.
That is my understanding. And while I think we all liked Christian and appreciated her assistance, your last comment has merit.

I also hope that everyone cuts Kathy Fuller some slack, recognizing that she has other responsibilities. For many of us, this forum is like walking into Dunkin Donuts, grabbing a cup of coffee, then sitting down and chewing the fat with friends. To cull through each and every post searching to see if someone has a grievance is a significant task, and asking a lot of one who already had other job responsibilities (which I might add, Kathy seems to handle pretty well). How many times will you be reading about some topic and midway through someone posts a problem, seemingly unrelated to the topic? It happens all the time. So if Kathy doesn't spot something right away, please be patient.

And let's give Ryan Juday a fair chance. There has been a major upheaval and it may take a little time for things to get sorted out. I, for one, am very optimistic and happy with the changing of the guard.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #39
Site Team

I'm optimistic with new management being hired. INMO they started building a great RV and they were so close to making the needed product, but they seemed to have slid backwards over the past couple of years not showing any real improvements in QC or customer service.

If Thor was happy with the path that Redwood was on, they wouldn't have cleaned house. Redwood has that great look going down the road and they're impressive when you walk through them. Now they have to impress the owners with the feeling that they care and are on the quest to make a reliable RV that isn't fragile after a few years of service.

This can't be done over night but it can be done and I'm rooting for them because I see a need for competition in this price point. They are beautiful trailers.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #40

Well said Tracy..

I am on here a lot during the day at my desk , and find it hard at times to get caught up.
I can't imagine having to do a full time job AND be responsible to be our liaison with Redwood , answering all our questions and hearing all the complaining that occurs daily ..