Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #11

Steve, I am going back to the factory with our coach in Oct and one of our issues is the lack of use of the one grey tank. Our coach is preped for the washer and dryer but we did not install one. That grey tank should be handling the bathroom as well as the washer dryer.I am really pressing this issue and will let you know the outcome. To me it is a very poor design, as the tank should handle both the washer/dryer and bathroom. Why have the damn thing if it isn't being used??
Old 09-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Steve, I am going back to the factory with our coach in Oct and one of our issues is the lack of use of the one grey tank. Our coach is preped for the washer and dryer but we did not install one. That grey tank should be handling the bathroom as well as the washer dryer.I am really pressing this issue and will let you know the outcome. To me it is a very poor design, as the tank should handle both the washer/dryer and bathroom. Why have the damn thing if it isn't being used??
Please let us know what the solution is. I purchased the twist on valve for our FL and only use it when I need the extra tank space. Where we camp there are no dumps at the sites, we dump when we leave the park.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #13

I already addressed the issue with mine. I installed a gate valve down new the sewer outlet and when I'm at a campground without full hookups I close that valve and open both grays. That way the water will equalize between the two tanks.
The topic was much discussed here:
http://forums.redwood-rv.com/forum_p...-and-the-36-fl

You can also get a Valtera T58 twist on gate valve like Campers did and use it only when you need it. I installed a glue in valve because the cable to the black tank failed on me and I couldn't close the valve enogh to keep the waste from filling my sewer hose. The new valve is my insurance policy against having a sewer hose full of black water again.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #14

so are you saying that inside and outside the labels are the same? My tank listing inside shows gray 1 and gray 2, outside they are labeled gray 1 and galley, and not only that, but they label from left to right inside black tank, gray 1, gray 2.....outside, they label from top to bottom, gray 1, black tank, galley..... so my dyslexic brain can't keep them straight. I re-labeled them clearly as Shower/laundry and Kitchen..... makes it easier on my brain not to have to remember that gray 1 is shower/laundry and gray 2 galley.... so they are not even in the same order which really confuses my dyslexic brain. :-)
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #15

On a recent camping trip my buddy noticed water leaking from my pin box. After scratching our heads because there are no water connections in that area I went into the bedroom and looked in the closet and found water coming from under the bed. We removed the mattress and plywood and found the drain line from the washer had come loose and blown away from the PVC connection. I reinserted the drain line and tightened the threads on the line and problem solved. If you see water coming from your pin box take a look under the bed. I know how this happened. Whoever installed the drain line didn't tighten the connection and over time running the slide in and out and water pressure from the washer it blew the line off. I am not very pleased this happened but that's part of being a full timer.

fathog99
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathog99

On a recent camping trip my buddy noticed water leaking from my pin box. After scratching our heads because there are no water connections in that area I went into the bedroom and looked in the closet and found water coming from under the bed. We removed the mattress and plywood and found the drain line from the washer had come loose and blown away from the PVC connection. I reinserted the drain line and tightened the threads on the line and problem solved. If you see water coming from your pin box take a look under the bed. I know how this happened. Whoever installed the drain line didn't tighten the connection and over time running the slide in and out and water pressure from the washer it blew the line off. I am not very pleased this happened but that's part of being a full timer.

fathog99
Last fall we had a few people on this forum that had the same issue. I had a water issue with the washer but it was because the fresh water line was kinked under the bed. I believe this happened on mine because I have a slide-in-slide which requires quite a few things having to move.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #17

Dave..we had same problem but no slide in slide. When they built our unit the ribed gray hose that is the drain hose for the washer was installed in such a way the slide pulled the hose off its connection. Quite a few people have had this problem. My fix was to take the bed apart and remove the wood that was catching the rib on the hose and pulling it off when slide came in. Very bad workmanship. All is well now after fix. Now repairing ALL of the ceiling trim that has come loose and falling off. Also ceiling connection above dining table has come apart at the joint. Will be reglueing panel to strut today. Cindy sending tape to cover joint connection. Hope not to many things fall off you rig on your trip out west. I have heard that the repair facility where you have gone at Crossroads is closing down. Know anything about this?
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #18

fathog99...you may want to take a closer look. If it came off once it will come off again as hose catches on wood when slide comes in. It happened to me untill I made the repair stated above..just a thought.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #19

My advice is that everyone with a washer & dryer should remove their mattress and inspect their drainage system. Even though it's work, it's a lot less work than removing mildew from the carpeting. Because of this forum, I had Redwood inspect mine when I had it serviced during the Rally and sure enough, the drainline was kinked & ready to pull off. The techs were actually surprised - like that was the first time they had heard of this?

I plan to take mine apart and improve it this year, if it ever gets above 20 again. They're predicting 18-24in of snow for this weekend, so I guess that groundhog was lying...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

'12 GMC 3500HD CC 4x4, DRW, DuraMax, Allison, Reese Elite 26.5K, Titan Tank 60 gal.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #20

I am going to replace the wod under the bed next week and make it easier to get to so I can inspect the connection or tighten the hose. I agree it isn't a good design but I understand what they were trying to accomplish. The drawer under the bed is what catches mine. But that doesn't explain why the fitting came unscrewed. The only way that could have happened was it wasn't tightened in the first place which is bad workmanship. Any way I have a handle on it, thanks for the info and if you are ever in Grapevine Texas at the Vineyards stop by. That where we are spending the next year as camp hosts. Happy trails