Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2015, 01:59 AM   #1

Ladies Night-Out at the 2015 Redwood Rally

Event: Ladies Night Out
When: Wednesday – August 5th, 2015
Where: Sturgis, Michigan
Time: TBA

This will be a time to meet new friends, spend time with old friends and enjoy yourself being pampered, wined & dined. Doesn't that sound like an awesome time?

We (Cindy - the Shipshewana RV Park South Campground Manager & I) are planning a 'Ladies Night Out' for our Redwood Group for Wednesday evening before the rally begins! This will consist of being dropped-off at a nice spa/nails type business for pedi & manicures (having one or both - your choice) then being picked up and dropped off just a few miles down the road at a GREAT Mexican restaurant (which serves good margaritas) all in Sturgis, MI which is 15 miles from Shipshewana.

Should we have enough ladies...the spa/nail business said they would close their shop to outside customers for our time there...which is NICE. PLUS - Cindy is reserving the restaurant's side-room for our group only.

The spa/nail business will only be able to handle 12 Ladies. However, the restaurant can handle many-many more. So, if you want to only go out to eat with the group, that's fine....just let me know so I will have an accurate count.

The price of this evening out will depend on what services are done at the spa/nails business...and how much food/drink is consumed at the restaurant - because this is a dutch (you pay) evening. :-)

Sign up here on this thread as soon as you can.... so we can have an accurate count. We will meet at the office of the campground that afternoon. (Time will be announced at a later date)

FYI - I have also asked Cindy to gather a list of 'things-to-do' in the area for those who want to come early to see the area and have a bit of fun before the 2015 Rally. All of this information will be available soon ...I will be adding it to the forums.
Lady DRV - 2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450 w/Executive Office Options
LadyEcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:52 AM   #2

Hi Evada. I Was just reading through some posts and came across this. Have there been any other responses? ~ Tracy
Piper Guy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
Hi Evada. I Was just reading through some posts and came across this. Have there been any other responses? ~ Tracy
Taylor and I will be there! Not sure if more owners have replied! Hope to see you there :-)
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #4

Tracy,

Yes, there have been more responses. There will be a sign up sheet in the campground office when you arrive for the Rally. Put your name on the sheet if you would like to participate. Right now the count is around 6 so we can take more for sure. Plus, I will start promoting it more as the rally gets closer.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:34 AM   #5

Hi! I am Debbie Biggs and I would love to join you all for the Pedi and dinner! Sounds fun...... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:47 AM   #6

Phyllis McConkie here... Count me in for both as well.
scott&phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #7

Christian and I are so excited to participate in girls night and meet all of you lovely ladies! Hurry up August!
ttroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #8

I think we're up to about 8 or 9. Should be fun.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 AM   #9

Update: I am excited about the number of ladies who have reached out to say they want to attend this outing. We need to gather at the office on Wed. August 5th, approx. 3:30 pm so we can be at the salon by 4pm ....with being back at the campground around 8:30

When arriving at the campground (the first time) please put your name on the list for dinner. We need to let the restaurant know approx. how many they can count on.

Here is the list of Ladies that I have for both the Nail Salon & dinner. If you do not see your name and you have sent me word but I missed it... please let me know.

PLEASE, please, please.....if you do not want to go to the Nail Salon but DO want to go to dinner - we have the room for many!! BUT - we can have just a limited number of folks for the salon because of the space (chairs) they have available. We are limited to 12 ladies and by my count...we are there!!

For both Nail Salon & Dinner

1. Cindy Wilson
  2. Teri Poley
  3. Linda Allison
  4. Debbie Biggs (Grizzby)
  5. Tracy Garappolo (Piper Guy's Gal)
  6. Phyllis McConkie (scott&phyllis)
  7. Bobbi (TnB from Michigan)
  8. Sue (Doug-Sue from Ontario)
  9. Christian (Redwood)
  10. Taylor (Redwood)
  11. Cindy Calvillo (campground manager)
  12. Evada Cooper (LadyEcooper)
If you want to go to dinner only, you can sign up here....but please make sure your name is on that list that will be in the campground office when you check in.
'Im also looking for a few designated 'driver's'. I want to have places for those ladies who want a drink or two or three at dinner..... :-) and not worry about driving home. Count me in as one of those drivers. I can carry 4 ladies in my truck.

See you all at the Rally!
Lady E Cooper
Old 07-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #10

Eileen Paul for dinner
Old 07-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEcooper View Post
Update: I am excited about the number of ladies who have reached out to say they want to attend this outing. We need to gather at the office on Wed. August 5th, approx. 3:30 pm so we can be at the salon by 4pm ....with being back at the campground around 8:30

When arriving at the campground (the first time) please put your name on the list for dinner. We need to let the restaurant know approx. how many they can count on.

Here is the list of Ladies that I have for both the Nail Salon & dinner. If you do not see your name and you have sent me word but I missed it... please let me know.

PLEASE, please, please.....if you do not want to go to the Nail Salon but DO want to go to dinner - we have the room for many!! BUT - we can have just a limited number of folks for the salon because of the space (chairs) they have available. We are limited to 12 ladies and by my count...we are there!!

For both Nail Salon & Dinner

1. Cindy Wilson
  2. Teri Poley
  3. Linda Allison
  4. Debbie Biggs (Grizzby)
  5. Tracy Garappolo (Piper Guy's Gal)
  6. Phyllis McConkie (scott&phyllis)
  7. Bobbi (TnB from Michigan)
  8. Sue (Doug-Sue from Ontario)
  9. Christian (Redwood)
  10. Taylor (Redwood)
  11. Cindy Calvillo (campground manager)
  12. Evada Cooper (LadyEcooper)
If you want to go to dinner only, you can sign up here....but please make sure your name is on that list that will be in the campground office when you check in.
'Im also looking for a few designated 'driver's'. I want to have places for those ladies who want a drink or two or three at dinner..... :-) and not worry about driving home. Count me in as one of those drivers. I can carry 4 ladies in my truck.

See you all at the Rally!
Lady E Cooper
I can be a designated driver! I can carry Three in my mini SUV :-) Can't wait !
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote