Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

Friction Door

The entry door on our redwood 3921Gk 2017 does not work. It will not stay open not matter what we do. Has anyone else had this problem. Our rv is two weeks old. Plus we can not get the tv in the living room to work on satellite even though the dish works. Any advice will be helpful We are new to this blog so if i am not doing this correctly please let me know what I should do. Thank you all in advance
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #2

I have not had the trouble with the door. Many have had the opposite issue where it was difficult to close.

My first thought is to make sure the power antenna is turned off. It has a button on it and a light. The light should be off disconnecting power to the antenna.

Mine is located in the bedroom cabinet and has a 12V lighter plug next to it.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #3

Also these RWs have been notorious for having the satellite/cable wiring in such an undiciferable mess that you may need to purchase a cable toner & trace the cables to be sure they are where they should be.
The antenna booster must be on when using the antenna & off for any other input source & you must scan the tv channels every time you change locations for the antenna or cable, I don't know about satellite.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnjess View Post
The entry door on our redwood 3921Gk 2017 does not work. It will not stay open not matter what we do. Has anyone else had this problem. Our rv is two weeks old. Plus we can not get the tv in the living room to work on satellite even though the dish works. Any advice will be helpful We are new to this blog so if i am not doing this correctly please let me know what I should do. Thank you all in advance
My satellite wiring has 2 coax cables in the cabinet above the living room TV. One of those goes to the utility cabinet where you can hook up an external satellite dish. The other cable goes to the roof where my dish is mounted. Neither seems to go near the bedroom. My TV antenna amplifier in the bedroom is not connected to any of my satellite cables, so it doesn't matter whether it is on or off. My Satellite receiver is above the TV and connects to the TV with an HDMI cable. My roof mounted dish is powered through a switch my dealer installed under a shelf in the control panel. It took me 2 weeks to find it. The installer couldn't remember where he put it!
No problem with my door. It sounds like a miss installed hinge to me, assuming the door frame is square.
Good luck!
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnjess View Post
I mounted a black spring latch, just like the one to hold up the Dad's toolbox door. Mounted it just beside the dad's latch and use it to keep the door open.
Regarding the coax issue, at the rear of the street side slide, there is a wire bundle that goes into the slide and contains coax from the service center. Open that up and you will find the coax cables are joined by barrel connectors. Mine were loose, so no signal.

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #6

Friction door

We spoke to the dealer again and he has new hinges ordered from the far Tory so will get those installed. If they come in painted we can have this done before we leave for our East Coast trip, if not we will have to do that on the return as there won't be enough time. We leave the 31st of May.
As for the satellite problem, my husband found some wires behind the tv that are not connected to any box of to the tv. So that will most likely solve that problem. Thanks for all the help with this. You are a wonderful group
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:28 AM   #7

I just double checked my door and we do not have the friction hinges. I am super glad we don't. Search this forum for door problems and you may change your mind.

I believe they may have made a change on the 2017 models after replacing so many doors that broke and de-laminated. Including new paint jobs. what a pain.

When we were shopping, there was a 2016 at the dealership that you could not even close the door without totally slamming it the fit was so bad.

My door is smooth and latches easily without effort. There is the old style stay that holds the door open. Could it be that they just omitted the stay?