Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
Administrator

Adding tags to new threads

Have you noticed the Tag field at the bottom of each thread? (hint: look at the bottom of this thread)

Tags can be added by the thread starter and can be useful for filtering topics and sorting content in a more granular way.

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This compliments the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

Who adds the tags?
Tags are initially added to threads by the member who starts a thread. Add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content to the tag field when starting a new topic. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread). This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

How to use tags to find content?
Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.' This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Administrator

Photo Albums
Forum members can set up photo albums. Images may be public or private and can be managed and edited indefinitely by each member. You can access your albums or set up a new album from your user CP. Look for the link to Pictures and Albums.

Consider setting up more than one album. Here's an example: albums
Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #23
Administrator

How to add a signature image

How to add an image to your signature.

Go to your userCP and find 'Edit Signature" (left side menu)

1. Add text to your signature

2. Under Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. Locate the image on your hard drive by selecting 'browse' that you want to use in your signature. Note the size restrictions as no image will load if this is not met.

3. Click upload. Once you have uploaded the image you shoudl see it display below the signature editor.

4. Place your cursor in the location where you want your image to display in your signature (in the editor box). Click on the link to 'insert signature picture' to add it to your signature. You will see the image code appear in the editor at that location. It looks like this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can click the preview signature button to check that you have your set up just right and then edit again if needed. The preview will appear above the editor.

Some tips:
Sig images are wide and not tall - if you need help making an image like this we can help but will need you to post the base images.

Your signature will not display in posts unless you have selected that option when you make the post. There is also a setting in your user CP (options) to display your signature on posts.
Insert sig.jpg
Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

An avatar is the little picture displayed below your user name in the profile box on the left side of every post. You may use a forums avatar or upload your own custom avatar. Avatars are limited in size to 100 x 100 pixels or 50 KB (whichever is smaller).

To upload a custom avatar: Choose a picture you like that is stored in your computer. Resize the picture to meet the size requirements above using a photo/image editor or camera software. Images that are too large may fail to load and you will receive and error message.

1. Click user CP (control panel) on upper blue tool bar.
2. Click edit avatar on left side menu.
3. Scroll down to the "Custom Avatar" box and click the "use Custom Avatar" button.
4. Click Browse button. A file menu screen will appear and you can choose the avatar file to be loaded. The file name should appear in the "upload an avatar from your computer box".
5. Click save changes.
Janet - their is a discrepancy in your instructions here and the edit avatar section. You have indicated the max size of Avatar is 50K, but the edit Avatar section says 19K. I have attempted to upload a file within the image size guidelines, but it failed. The size is about 27K.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #25
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
You have indicated the max size of Avatar is 50K, but the edit Avatar section says 19K. I have attempted to upload a file within the image size guidelines, but it failed. The size is about 27K.
This has been updated.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #26

Quote:
This has been updated.
Thanks Janet - works now.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #27
Administrator

About the thanks button:

The Thanks button is a nice way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post.

Each time you click the thanks icon (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment which the post author can read.

You can access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked.

When you have been thanked you will receive a PM notification containin a link to the details of the comment. If you do not wish to receive this notification you may disable that option in your user cp. >User cp >>edit options >>> Messaging & Notification. be sure to scroll and click save.

Spread the good vibe around, show your appreciation for a good post - give a little thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #28

Has anyone else had problems uploading your signature photo? I have on multiple occasions uploaded my photo, when I return to the forum at a later date the administrators have made some changes and low and behold my photo is gone. So today I once again go to upload my photo except this time every time I try to upload it I get the message that the file is to large even though I have resized to well below the maximum size allowed. Any help would greatly appreciated.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #29

make sure it's the correct file TYPE as well as the dimensions of the file are small enough... not just the size in mb...

what I typically do is open the pic in paint and resize down to as much as 40%
(since most of my pics are large)

then save it as a different filename like pic_small.jpg....
good luck ! and once you get it, it will be like riding a bike !

on edit:
also have this checked in Edit Options:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.8 KB, 3 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #30

This is the same error I was receiving before Janet fixed the file size parameters. Once fixed mine loaded OK.

Without knowing the file you are uploading all I can suggest is to remember to check both file size and picture size. The picture has to be cropped or shrunk to less than 100 x 100 pixels and the file size compressed to < 50K.

If you are within both requirements, Janet probably has to reset the parameters after the recent upgrades.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #31

Thanks for all of the help.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #32

hey, hey - look at you !!! nice rig !
Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #33
Administrator

Here's the signature photo size limits;

Signature Image Maximum Width (pixels) 468
Signature Image Maximum Height (pixels) 180
Signature Image Maximum Filesize (bytes) 50000

Adios, Dirk
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #34

Quote:
About the thanks button:

When you have been thanked you will receive a PM notification containin a link to the details of the comment. If you do not wish to receive this notification you may disable that option in your user cp. >User cp >>edit options >>> Messaging & Notification. be sure to scroll and click save.

Morning Janet....

I just happened to go into the user cp and noticed I had thanks...
do not recall getting a notification that it was there - just wanted to check should there be one ?
other forums I visit let you know as soon as you come on the next time

Thanks, not a biggee - just checking
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #35
Administrator

There is a setting in your User options to get notifications of "thanks" comments.

You can make changes to those settings here: http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/...do=editoptions

Be sure to scroll down and hit save when you're finished.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #36

Sorry, yes that was set, at least it was already set when I went in
thanks - just wondering if anyone else has gotten the notification...
will thank Kr above since he did me
Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #37
Administrator

You should have gotten one just now. if not, please make certain that your subscription preferences are also properly set and that you are getting e-mail. It's possible they may be going to your spam folder????
Old 06-07-2015, 12:52 AM   #38

Quote:
How to add a signature image

How to add an image to your signature.

Go to your userCP and find 'Edit Signature" (left side menu)

1. Add text to your signature

2. Under Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. Locate the image on your hard drive by selecting 'browse' that you want to use in your signature. Note the size restrictions as no image will load if this is not met.

3. Click upload. Once you have uploaded the image you shoudl see it display below the signature editor.

4. Place your cursor in the location where you want your image to display in your signature (in the editor box). Click on the link to 'insert signature picture' to add it to your signature. You will see the image code appear in the editor at that location. It looks like this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can click the preview signature button to check that you have your set up just right and then edit again if needed. The preview will appear above the editor.

Some tips:
Sig images are wide and not tall - if you need help making an image like this we can help but will need you to post the base images.

Your signature will not display in posts unless you have selected that option when you make the post. There is also a setting in your user CP (options) to display your signature on posts.
Attachment 9

Could you tell me what is wrong with mine? it uploads to the signature area in CP, but the code won't load into the editor.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #39

Good info. ..........while we're at it, how the heck does one post a pic(s) in a message? For the life of me I can't figure that out.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #40
Administrator

Please see post #8 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Good info. ..........while we're at it, how the heck does one post a pic(s) in a message? For the life of me I can't figure that out.
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, forum admin, forum help, how to post