Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,804
My X showed up a few weeks ago in a new Keystone Alpine - WITH A CORD REEL!



__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 335
I was thinking create the two lists, one for functional/livability issues and one as a wish list.

With the wish list I can create a short online survey which people can rate each of the options on a scale 1 to 10, and we provide the results to RW as is. They can do with it as they please but we can feel good that they did get the information band know how everyone feels about each item.

Also, if there is some options that any person feels very passionate about they could lobby for that directly but as a group we let the survey speak for itself .

How's that sound?
__________________
Redwood 2015 38FL,
Ford 2015 F350
ksaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,825
I'll add a design issue/problem for you. Our FL has a regular exhaust fan in the bathroom. The switch for the fan is on the wall. Turn on the switch and VOILA, the fan comes on. But wait, sir, the roof cover isn't up because the winding arm mechanism of the fan hood is too high to reach. Solution: purchase a stool so that you can climb the stool, open the cover then turn on the fan.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 335
Thanks Spindrift.

This thread seems to be getting a lot of head beating against a wall - LOL
__________________
Redwood 2015 38FL,
Ford 2015 F350
ksaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Blue Dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaltman View Post
I was thinking create the two lists, one for functional/livability issues and one as a wish list.

With the wish list I can create a short online survey which people can rate each of the options on a scale 1 to 10, and we provide the results to RW as is. They can do with it as they please but we can feel good that they did get the information band know how everyone feels about each item.

Also, if there is some options that any person feels very passionate about they could lobby for that directly but as a group we let the survey speak for itself .

How's that sound?
Perfect! This is a great idea and will give the people at Redwood a pulse on what people are looking for and missing in their units!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
My X showed up a few weeks ago in a new Keystone Alpine - WITH A CORD REEL!



LOL!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
I'll add a design issue/problem for you. Our FL has a regular exhaust fan in the bathroom. The switch for the fan is on the wall. Turn on the switch and VOILA, the fan comes on. But wait, sir, the roof cover isn't up because the winding arm mechanism of the fan hood is too high to reach. Solution: purchase a stool so that you can climb the stool, open the cover then turn on the fan.
A quick side step:

I looked at a Cardinal way back that actually had a reach rod hooked to the wall behind the door that you used to open the vent that was out of reach. Kind of looked like the old rear stabilizer crank rods. The better option might be to replace that one with the maxxair or Fantastik Fan. I replaced on before and its not to bad a job.

OK back to subject
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,038
The cord reel is available aftermarket....
We have it connected in the basement over the third battery and it feeds out the bottom,
but the new trunk would be a good place for it !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cord bottom.jpg (315.3 KB, 3 views)
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp baby-better than her Audi Q5!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
0nTheRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,092
Just curious, do you just store your power cord on the reel when underway or did you hardwire from the power at the rear of the coach to the reel?
__________________
SOB
0nTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,038
You talking to ME ??? (in my best Juerrsay accent )

It's hardwired right there and we don't use the back at all...
actually is better - makes ALL the connections right in one place, sewer, water, elec, cable, etc...
so line up the sewer and all the rest is fine !
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp baby-better than her Audi Q5!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
rcflame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 619
I can't say for sure, but I don't think you would have to connect to the back. I believe the power cable runs up to the breaker box as all power should be fused before it goes to any electrical item. Not for sure, but just my thought. Where does the power coming into your house go first.
__________________
Roger & Cheryl Full Time since 2002, RVing since 1975 2008 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually, 2012 RW 36RL
rcflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.