Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

2016 Regional #2 Rally Canton, TX in March

Hi folks! Below is the schedule for the main regional rally in Canton, TX Please head over to the website rvrallies to register for this event.

1st Annual Regional Rally Schedule - 2016
Canton, TX

Thursday March 10, 2016
Arrive at Mill Creek RV Resort any time after 1 pm / enjoy the afternoon on your own!
· Time on your own – Take time to tour the shops downtown. Antiques, crafts, etc. Walk through the historical streets down by the square. OR Stay at the RV Park and enjoy catch & release fishing on the pond, paddleboats, relax in the hot tub, bicycling, horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, walking nature trails (200 acres) &. Or gather in the Texas Sunshine with your co-rally friends and chat the afternoon away.
· Dinner on your own!
6:30 pm: Then join us for the ‘Dessert Meet & Greet’! Please bring a Dessert to the Hickory Room in the Main Lodge to share. Plates & plastic ware are provided.

Friday March 11, 2016
9:30 am – 10:45 am @ Hickory Room: Education Seminar w/ Terry Cooper - the Texas RV Professor Founder and Professional Instructor of Mobile RV Academy. (Electrical)
11 am -12 noon @ Hickory Room: Education Seminar w/ Ron Russell is the ‘Titan Guy’ on the Redwood Forums – A Titan Expert with 20+ years as an industry expert – w/40 years in the tire industry – Owner of Titan Specialty Products, LLC
Trailer Disc Brake Conversions -
History on electric trailer brakes and how they work. The performance benefits of trailer disc brakes, how they work, installation process and costs.
Mr. Russell is offering a RALLY ONLY SPECIAL
· Trailer 8 hole Disc Brake Conversion for $2,450 installed at the Rally. (every day price $2,750)
· Trailer 6 how wheel Disc Brake Conversion for $2,150 installed at the Rally. (everyday price $2,550)
· He can do only 1 install per day – if interested please contact him direct at Ronald_Russell@sbcglobal.net
12 noon: We will be loading up to head over to Dairy Palace – for the ‘World Famous’ burgers & fixings and Blue Bell Ice Cream. Please join us …… Yummy! (Pay your own way)
1:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Ron Russell - the Titan Guy will be available at his rig to test your tire gauges. Drop by with your gauge in hand and visit with Mr. Russell during this special time.
2 pm - 3:30: @ Hickory Room Education Seminar w/ Evada Cooper of Mobile RV Academy
Cookbook author, Restaurant Owner and now Full-Timer – ‘My RV Kitchen with Lady E’ - Learn to Live Easy in Your RV kitchen!
3:30 pm – 6 pm: Time on your own – Take time to tour the shops downtown. Antiques, crafts, etc. Walk through the historical streets down by the square. OR Stay at the RV Park and enjoy catch & release fishing on the pond, paddleboats, relax in the hot tub, bicycling, horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, walking nature trails (200 acres) &. Or gather in the Texas Sunshine with your co-rally friends and chat the afternoon away.
Friday Evening
· Option 1: Potluck Dinner @ the Hickory Room at the Mill Creek Main lodge w/Live music. 6 pm dinner with music starting after dinner. No charge for this event (alcoholic beverages are available – ‘Dutch’ for your drink purchases at the bar.)
· Option 2: Good Weather Option – 6 pm: Potluck & Campfire outdoors. Place to be determined.

Saturday March 12, 2016
10 am – 11:30 am: @ Hickory Room - Educational Seminar w/ Terry Cooper (Propane)
Noon – 2 pm: @ Hickory Room - Crossroads / Redwood Corp Team Introductions - Catered Meal sponsored by Crossroads/ Redwood Manufacturing - with Q & A with the Corporate Team
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Educational Seminar by Ron Russell – Trailer Tires 101 / Problems with ST tires / Government & RV Industry failures. Learn how to fix your trailer tire problems.
3:30 – 6 pm: Free Time! Take time to tour the shops downtown. Antiques, crafts, etc. Walk through the historical streets down by the square. OR Stay at the RV Park and enjoy catch & release fishing on the pond, paddleboats, relax in the hot tub, bicycling, horseshoes, volleyball, basketball, walking nature trails (200 acres) &. Or gather in the Texas Sunshine with your co-rally friends and chat the afternoon away.

6 pm – @ Hickory Room in the Main Lodge – Potluck. No charge for this event (alcoholic beverages are available – ‘Dutch’ for your drink purchases at the bar.)
Good Weather Option – 6 pm: Potluck & Campfire outdoors. Place to be determined.

Sunday March 13th
Going home day……So sleep late & relax / check out is noon. We hope to see you all at next year’s 2nd Annual Regional #2 Rally
Lady DRV - 2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450 w/Executive Office Options
LadyEcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #2

LadyEcooper,

I can't remember, are the classes given by Terry included with the rally or is there an extra fee?

Thanks,

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
LadyEcooper,

I can't remember, are the classes given by Terry included with the rally or is there an extra fee?
Ken,

There is a separate charge for spending those 3 days with him. Check out the website for that info. Also, you will need 3 extra nights of camping.
Just so you know... there is no charge for the Rally other than the camping fees and cost of the 3 day RV Maintenance class. However, there is a $25 charge ONLY for those who are non-Crossroads/Redwood owners.

Lady E Cooper
Old 02-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #4

The schedule is confusing.

Is the 3 day seminar in front of or in back of the rally? It almost looks like the education seminar starts Friday at 9:30 and only lasts two days, but I think that is a separate education seminar from the one you are talking about.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
The schedule is confusing.

Is the 3 day seminar in front of or in back of the rally? It almost looks like the education seminar starts Friday at 9:30 and only lasts two days, but I think that is a separate education seminar from the one you are talking about.
I am so sorry for your confusion....

Actually, each regional rally is set to have the 3-Day RV Maintenance Class before the main rally. (see website for the detailed schedule)

*The only exception to the rule is when we have the National Rally in Shipshewana, IN, there will be a 3-Day RV maintenance before and immediately following the main Rally. You can see all of the National Rally info in the schedule on the ROG forum site.

At every Rally, Terry will be doing several short seminars during the main rally that last 1 to 1.5 hrs (approx) in length but he would never charge for that...it is part of the normal rally agenda.

I will say that we appreciate Crossroads so much for taking the time to put together a wonderful detailed website with all the Rally information on it. www.crvrallies.com Please go and check it out. It is also the place where folks need to register for any of the Regional Rallies.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Lady E Cooper
Old 02-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #6

TX Rally

Hi Lady E Cooper -

I'm a bit confused on the sign-up for this.

In an earlier post I though it said that if we sign up after Feb 8 or 9, we would need to make a reservation directly with Mill Creek for a spot.

Then in a later post it said to sign up directly on the CRVRallies.com site. So if we sign up on this web site for our parking spot are we good to go or do we still have to contact Mill Creek?

We are planning to also sign up for the 3-day maintenance course preceding the rally.

Thanks,
Mike
2013 F350 KR
TX Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Road Ryder View Post
Hi Lady E Cooper -

I'm a bit confused on the sign-up for this.

In an earlier post I though it said that if we sign up after Feb 8 or 9, we would need to make a reservation directly with Mill Creek for a spot.

Then in a later post it said to sign up directly on the CRVRallies.com site. So if we sign up on this web site for our parking spot are we good to go or do we still have to contact Mill Creek?

We are planning to also sign up for the 3-day maintenance course preceding the rally.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike....

So sorry for the confusion. Actually, we did have to return the unused sites to them on the 8th. However, I am still encouraging people to sign up...and I should have said 'via the CRVRallies.com site'.

Please go CRVRallies.com site. We are at 11 and all are Redwoods!

Lady E Cooper
Old 02-18-2016, 01:00 AM   #8

TX Rally

Thank you for the reply Miss Lady E Cooper -

If I am reading this right, we make the reservation on the CRVRallies.com site and you will then add us to the list over at Mill Creek. So even though you had to return the unused sites, you will still coordinate with them to assure we will be included in the group.

Once we get on board, there will be 12 Redwoods.

By the way - my bride is a foodie and she is really looking forward to your RV cooking session.

Thanks again!!
2013 F350 KR
TX Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Road Ryder View Post
Thank you for the reply Miss Lady E Cooper -

If I am reading this right, we make the reservation on the CRVRallies.com site and you will then add us to the list over at Mill Creek. So even though you had to return the unused sites, you will still coordinate with them to assure we will be included in the group.

Once we get on board, there will be 12 Redwoods.

By the way - my bride is a foodie and she is really looking forward to your RV cooking session.

Thanks again!!
You are correct. Awesome! Will be looking for your registration coming through soon. We are going to have a great time and we are so looking forward to meeting you both.

Lady E Cooper