Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 10:17 PM   #121

Are they going to have the ROG logo or what's the design? Just curiuos, I'm sure they'll look good.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #122

Hi Y'all. The site markers Vaughan will make are not intended as permanent signs. They are rally-specific. He'll try to post the layout tonight or tomorrow. Last year, Open Range had theirs on a piece of paper I believe. We're looking to go a little fancier than that, but again, these won't be the sort of plaques you take from site to site. If you're interested in something like that, you might want to look at the site Char provided. Prices seemed pretty reasonable there as well. ~ Tracy
Piper Guy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Bob ~ you did tell reservations that you're coming for the Rally, right ?
I called yesterday and talked to a very nice person at the campground. They are working on getting the site assignments out and have received several requests from RW's.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #124

Please don't inundate the campground with requests for information, I assure you that if you have made a reservation that you will have a spot. I have been working with them and the woman I'm working with just had a baby so they are understaffed!! I've requested an update on registration and will post an update of site assignments when I get it.

Please be patient!!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #125

Tracy, Thanks! I thought they may more permanent. Please concentrate on those rally attendees, I wish we were one of them.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #126
TnB

Quote:
I just realized that I'll need last names too. They won't be going on sign but we intend to put the signs at check-in with the other Redwood stuff.

I think I'll be ok with cost.....
Our online name is TnB. Thanks, Tom & Bobbi Paschka.
2015 RW 36FB w/GY 114 "H" tires, disc brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide, Furrion wireless backup camera
TnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #127

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnB View Post
Our online name is TnB. Thanks, Tom & Bobbi Paschka.
Tom
This is off topic but how do you like your backup camera. I am getting differing opinions on the wireless units.
T hanks
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #128

Put my better half down for the GNO. I'm interested in any ideas regarding something for the guys to do as well.
We arrive on the 3rd and depart on the 10th. This will be our 2nd rally and we're looking forward to it.
Everyone travel safe and we'll see you there.
George and Kay
Gegallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #129

Quote:
I just realized that I'll need last names too. They won't be going on sign but we intend to put the signs at check-in with the other Redwood stuff.

I think I'll be ok with cost.....
Thanks Piper Guy!! TerLar is our handle,names Teri & Larry Smith from Clinton,Michigan.If I remember from last year the Open Range people had their hometown on the sigh as well which is interesting. Thanks again Larry
TerLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #130

Just a reminder...

we have made arrangements with Escapees to have one of their SmartWeigh teams at our Rally to weigh your truck and rig. They will also host a workshop during the rally to discuss weights.

Please see the attached flyer explaining the program and for instructions for making an appointment to get your truck/rig weighed.

Advance registration is required, you may register starting today...see the attached brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 Redwood SmartWeigh.pdf (226.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #131
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Just a reminder...

we have made arrangements with Escapees to have one of their SmartWeigh teams at our Rally to weigh your truck and rig. They will also host a workshop during the rally to discuss weights.

Please see the attached flyer explaining the program and for instructions for making an appointment to get your truck/rig weighed.

Advance registration is required, you may register starting today...see the attached brochure.
Chuck.......I just want make sure about registration. Is it required that we call Escapees now or can we register for weighing when we arrive at the campground? We will be arriving on Monday afternoon, August 3.

Thanks.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #132

The brochure says you can register onsite. As I see it there should be no problem waiting.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #133

Just talked to escapee this morning and they took the reservation for the weigh in. You can use visa, master card or discover.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #134

Spoke with the campground yesterday, we are at 54 rigs, thats almost double what we had last year!!!

The campground is in need of sites for other obligations so asked if we could release the ones not reserved yet, I asked and they agreed to hold our sites until July 11th so if you are thinking of attending and haven't made your reservation yet, you need to do so quickly!!

As a reminder, the rally will kick-off at 3:00pm EDT on Thursday the 6th so please try to arrive in time to get setup before then.

To reserve your site it is best to call: Shipshewana Campground - South Park 260-768-4669
Old 07-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #135

Cal and Gloria Carrera will be arriving on the 6th with our 2015 38RL.
We have our slot reserved, but have not registered with anyone else.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #136

Not really a rally post but only intended for the rally goers so I'll post here.
As we all know the Marathon 16"E's are garbage and that is why I replaced them so now I have 4 and will keep one so I have two spares so.... I have 3 more with under 1000 miles on them and thought I would offer them if anyone needs one to have for an extra spare tire. If you do, please let me know and I will bring to the rally and would $45.00 each be to much to ask?

Steve
Old 07-04-2015, 01:24 AM   #137

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Steve
I would take them anyway and if they don't sell you can put them in the bonfire.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #138

New Roof

We are anxious to attend this year's rally. We thought we would need to cancel when we got blasted by some hail while up at Mount Rushmore recently.
But due to some creative work with metal duct tape and caulking, we are nice and dry.
It was determined that we would need to replace the roof material on the unit to ensure we wouldn't have any problems. This is the busiest time of the dear for the service departments around the country and we're looking at a minimum of 3 weeks down time.
We are full timers and were faced with a decision. Replace or repair.
We found RV Armour company would come to the campsite, inspect and repair any areas where the rubber is coming loose and blistering (some of which were there from day one), then install a roof that is guaranteed for the life of the trailer. All this in two days...a no brainer for us.
To make a long story short, we have the installation of the new roof scheduled for the same week as we are at the rally. The crew will start the process on Thursday and complete it on Friday.
If any of you are curious, just pop over to our site and have a look.
BTW, we are changing the roof color to white to help the AC's. The original tan color gets very hot and seems to radiate to the inside. Hopefully, the new color will help.
Safe travels everyone...see you at the rally.
George and Kay
Gegallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #139

Excellent Gegallant! We will be eager to hear of the experience. They should be giving you a big DISCOUNT because they will get all of that free advertising!!! We are thinking of using them to do ours too, along with our 6 year old Lance Truck Camper. Seems like a great solution. Forces you to wonder why they aren't using this at the manufacturer level. Must be cost... like everything else. GOOD LUCK! Hope it goes well!!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #140

We are quickly approaching the date of the National Rally, I hope all who are attending are as excited as we are to meet new friends as well as see folks we met at prior rallies. We will have a record number this year, at last count we have 61 rigs registered!! This year promises to be jam packed with lots of new material, a tour of the new Redwood plant, some passionate discussion and getting to know those people you have been conversing with via forum for many months, years, to put a face and real name with those tags we use on the forums!

As a reminder, the rally will begin on Thursday afternoon so please try to arrive early. The Owners Group will host a meet-and-greet on Thursday evening and will provide some munchies, we encourage you to stop in, bring your beverage of choice and take the opportunity to get to know each other.

Friday and Saturday will be VERY busy, beginning early in the morning and continuing into the evening.

On Saturday evening the ROG will be hosting a covered dish dinner, we will be providing meat for the get together and would like to invite all attending to attend and bring something such as a vegetable, salad or dessert to share with the other attendees. In order to get an idea of how many to expect and to get an idea of what people will bring I would ask that you either post here, or send me a PM to let me know if you will participate and what you will bring.

Looking forward to a great time!!