Old 06-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #91
Site Team

Tim and Char, we just booked Mama Gerties for Wed 10/7 thru We'd 10/14. I think there may be one or two more sites available, but I know they were going quickly. Hard to describe how beautiful this place is. As I write this on my iPad I'm sitting under our awning looking out over about 25 miles of mountains and watching a small thunderstorm form in the distance. May or may not hit us depending on which valley it follows.

Link to park is Asheville RV Park and Camping | Asheville NC Camping | Tent Camping

Char, please let me know more about Myrtle Beach as we are thinking about that area also. I went up the ICW a couple of weeks ago with a boat and there were a number of parks that looked interesting.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #92

We love Ocean lakes Campground check it out on line. They have a gate keeper that you have to get through to get into the place so that's nice. They have houses for sale and rent. There are some that live there all year around and at the beach they have campsites. We were three spots from the ocean last year it was awesome. You hear the waves crashing In September it's off season so it's 49 a night. The area is pretty busy they have malls shops a boardwalk. We went to legends last year for a show and a dinner show pirates of Caribbean. Plenty to do if you like that or stay in the campground. They have a restaurant, ice cream shop, fishing, outdoor pool in indoor heated pool mini golf etc etc.. We love it, we ride bikes for hour through the park and tis dog friendly. The only thing is during the summer months there I would not go it's a little crazy and a lot of golf carts. That's why we go in the fall. There's a camping world down the street if you need anything rv.

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #93

Char,
Vaughan,

We also stay at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. In fact, that's where our Redwood is stored for the winter.....We went down last October for a week and then left it there (storage is about $55 a month) and then we went back down this April, spent another week before bringing her home. Our daughter lives down there so we've been staying at Ocean Lakes for over 7 years. Kind of a tradition at this point..... That's where we saw our very first Redwood a few years ago and after meeting the couple and seeing theirs, well, now we have one!!!!

Tim
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:55 AM   #94

We will be at Ocean lakes 10/17-10/26. In Oct. they have 3 weekends of Halloween. Great fun. The only problem is getting these big beast in a site that will handle it. If any can get a reservation come on down!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:00 AM   #95

We've spent the month of Sept. the last 2 years at Lakewood next to Ocean Lakes, this past year seemed terribly windy, but we were third row back from the dunes.

Danny & Linda
Fulltimers since 2008
2013 Denali 3500 drw 4x4 d/a
2013 RW 36 FB black & tan
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #96

We'll be there Sept 20th-Oct 1st. last year it rained the first 5 days we were there, that's why we ended up with a new RW...we were bored and started looking at all the RV dealers in the area.By the time we got home we had traded our Class A and I was searching for a truck to pull it

Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #97

I can see Steve and I spotting a RW and figuring out how to ask if we might know them form our forum...lol

Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #98

Good idea, I would like to have mine weighed also, count me in if you can get it done, thanks!
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:13 PM   #99

Rally Update: 39 registered so far. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and making new friends. Last year, I noticed how Open Range had site markers for each RV. I have asked Piper Guy (Vaughan) if he could do something like that for us. Due to our traveling schedule, he'll have to have the custom markers done by 7/21. Hopefully everyone who is going will have registered by then. (We'll bring some generic markers for the late comers.)
Also, as a reminder, Evada Cooper is organizing a GNO for Wednesday evening (mani/pedi's and dinner at a Mexican restaurant). Please don't forget to sign up at registration. And since the ladies will be getting their pampering that evening, perhaps the men would like to plan their own night out. ;-)
Piper Guy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #100

This will be our first and great idea on the signs! We thought of this last week since we don't know anyone in person except a few out our way and most don't know us so we had this made last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steve & Char.jpg (13.7 KB, 121 views)