Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Our Dream 2016

Registry
RV Name Our Dream 2016
Year 2016
Make Redwood
Model 38GK
Length 41ft
2016 Redwood 38GK
2016 Redwood 38GK 2016 Redwood 38GK 2016 Redwood 38GK
Basic Info 2016 38Gk
Exterior
Black and Maroon, 8K axles, Goodyear H rated tires, Disc Brakes, Power Reel, Dual Unagaurd awnings with LED lights, Back Up Camera

Interior
Godiva Interior with Ariston W/D

Customizations
So Far none yet except the bed was replaced with a Serta Trump Edition.

Tow Vehicle
2016 Redwood 38GK Tow Vehicle
2012 Ram SRW LWB 4D 4WD Laramie With Airlift 5000 and remote Airbags and Edge Juice With Attitude Tuner

Favorite Camping Destinations
Gulf Waters in Port Aransas, TX
Alsatian RV Resort in Castroville,tx
Comments: 37 / Views: 8386
Old 11-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #21

Not you too Shane, with square fender thing! I agree on the smoothest ride, even had a couple die hard Ford guys make that comment, I nearly fell over.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Those square fenders are the nicest of them all
Old 11-11-2015, 11:34 PM   #23

GM must sure like them, because they are even accentuated more on the new ones. Good night!

I guess it's nothing a reciprocating saw couldn't fix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-chevrolet-silverado-2500-hd-high-country-03.jpg (113.8 KB, 4 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
GM is the choice of women, and the men that want to stay married to them.. we understand

Just kidding - couldn't resist.
Maybe it's just me, but with the GMC Denali Dually, I don't understand why the other truck manufacturers even bother making trucks. Two types of truck owners, the ones that have the Denali and the others that wish they did.

I have the same feeling about the GK floor plan, with that plan, why bother having other plans.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #25

Quote:
GM must sure like them, because they are even accentuated more on the new ones. Good night!

I guess it's nothing a reciprocating saw couldn't fix.
Brad,
From your postings, I believe you and and I have much the same philosophy on upgrades and improvements. How ever, your vehicle manufacturer selection leaves a lot to be desired.

full disclosure:
The first time I ever opened the engine compartment was when the DFT light came on and I had to figure out where to put it. I will say that my Jeep with the Hemi in it looked better, I looked at once too, I was curious. I am not a vehicle guy, I put gas in in it and expect it to go.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
Brad,
From your postings, I believe you and and I have much the same philosophy on upgrades and improvements. How ever, your vehicle manufacturer selection leaves a lot to be desired.
Could be I don't like paying for vehicles twice is all! All my license plate frames say "Built Without Your Taxdollars"!

Truck wars are fun and cute and have been going on for a century. I am totally indifferent to them, but giving money to rat whiners turns my stomach.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAircraft View Post
Ditto on going from SWD to DWD. After having my 36RL and truck weighed at the 2015 rally I decided to trade our 2012 350 Lariat SWD short bed. Our 2016 3500 HD Silverado DWD long bed High Country is due in next Tuesday. No more overweight worries hopefully. It was ordered with the Reese Elite 24K removable hitch and retractable bed cover. I was going for a 350 King Ranch DWD long bed however my DW liked the body style of the Silverado. She won. The High Country is nice and has all the goodies for fifth wheel towing.
Congrats on new Silverado !! Tell me about the removable 24K Reese,I have a 2016 Sil. ordered and didn't see that option.Please explain and approx. cost. Larry
TerLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #28

Brad, could I get a poster size of that picture? That's one gorgeous truck!!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #29
Site Team

The truck wars continue ~ if we could build one with a Cummins, Square fenders and Super Duty stamped in the Tailgate ~ we'd have all the bases covered !!

As we've all said before - there is not a bad truck these days. It's all in what your personal preference is.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerLar View Post
Congrats on new Silverado !! Tell me about the removable 24K Reese,I have a 2016 Sil. ordered and didn't see that option.Please explain and approx. cost. Larry
The Reese Elite removable hitch cost about $2,000 or so from the Ford dealer. The hitch plugs into chambers that are installed into the bed rails located beneath the bed. When the hitch is removed there are plugs that cover the chambers such that one would not know that there had been a hitch in the truck. I use a receiver mounted hoist for removing the hitch. The hitch is popular with deer hunters. I modified the hook, best for lifting game for use with a strap tie down. It was also important for me that the hitch height be adjustable to allow clearance for the sliding bed cover.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #31

For my wife and myself we both agree on dodge and dodge only... we have owned and abused them to the brink and still take the beating. Now we are on the fence...when it comes to the engine Cummins wins in my mind....when it comes to body dodge fits us better...when it comes to the ride ..ram is smooth on the feel ...but when it comes to color my wife chimes in and ford wins that hands down...sorry to all who are sold on gm products but owned them and was happy to get rid of them so now the decision on for or ram. Chime in on the good and bads of the 2 not gm products as we won't even take a second to look into them at all.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #32
Site Team

I looked at all 3 when I bought the F350. Narrowed down to Ford and Ram. Ram dealer wanted to steal my trade, so that kind of did that deal in. Have to say I've been very happy with the F350. Great power, very quiet, and the truck is smarter than I am. It's a Lariat Ultimate with all the toys. My '13 is 400hp and 800 torque. The 2015 is 420 and 850 I believe and rumor has it that the upcoming all new 2017 will have considerably more.

Mine has 40k miles on it, almost half pulling the RL. No issues, replacing rear tires as I write this but with all that weight on them for almost 20k I'll accept that. The steer tires still have half their tread.

If you did a Ford and were closer, I'd have a hitch deal for you ~ I'm selling my Reese Elite 25k Factory Puck hitch and putting in a Comfortride 245. Nice hitch, I just decided to go with the cushioned one.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #33

If your dead set against GM, I'd have to do Dodge. Both the Cummins & Duramax are the best engines & have more than proven themselves for several years. In my opinion the Duramax/Allison can't be best, but I think Dodge has gotten their transmissions where they will handle the Cummins nicely. I have the same opinion of Ford as you with GM, drove them for 30+ years at work & still swear I'll never own one. The past couple years though Ford might have finally found a diesel engine that they could begin to compare to Cummins or Duramax. In our travels & looking around the rv parks it's about 50/50 Dodge/GM as tow vehicles, where it used to be dominated by Ford.
GM or Dodge would be my only 2 choices, but any of them will more than get the job done.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-13-2015, 12:14 AM   #34

Hope DLRAKOWITZ is OK with this mud slinging discussion getting recorded in his Registry!

I'd be OK if the moderator wanted to just clean all this out and leave the oohs and aaahs about DLRAKOWITZ's rig!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Hope DLRAKOWITZ is OK with this mud slinging discussion getting recorded in his Registry!

I'd be OK if the moderator wanted to just clean all this out and leave the oohs and aaahs about DLRAKOWITZ's rig!
No guts, no glory...oh shoot...that sounds like a Ram commerical!!!
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:55 AM   #36

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Well i have owned gm and ford. I prefer the gm. Our company vehicles have been all three and you couldn't pay me enough to buy the rough riding fords or dodges. I have had the same year model gm in a 2500 4x4 that rode smoother than a Ford 2500 2x4. The Dodge cummins was fine but the transmission and body fell apart around it. They may have improved the tranny but the body is still a problem. to each there own. As long as you are happy with what your driving is all that really matters.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #37

Quote:

I'd bet he's glad to hear what a good choice he made in selecting a truck!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #38

No worries here...of its not a dodge ram it...heard it all and it doesn't bother me.. I know the truck I need in later times will be a dually. But we have been there before and love what we own right now. I will drive the crud out of this one till I upgrade tho. It runs like a scalded dog and fits us like a glove..
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote