Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 03:12 AM   #1

Selling Soon!

My wife and I have decided that we should sell our 2015 Redwood 38RL and 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch Dually (25,000 miles) because we have not been able to use it like we thought we would. We have too many years till we hit that retirement mark and I don't think we should keep it sitting. In the three years we have owned it, we have made two summer trips from Texas to Colorado and a few weekend stays in the Texas Hill Country. Will probably put it on RV Trader soon, but if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, please let me know. It is a beautiful rig located in Boerne, TX...selling price will be $67,000 RW, and $43,500 F350.

IMG_2664.jpg

fullsizeoutput_3290.jpg
Mike and Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #2

Nice setup, should make someone a nice rig. Good Luck
Old 07-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #3

The title of your post is "selling soon", unfortunately you may be "selling", but unless you are VEEERRY lucky I doubt it will be "soon"!
Mine has been listed on several sites along with both RW forums & others since Nov '18 with moderate interest, but no buyers. Everyone, including dealers & consignment lots, want you to give it away.
Yours is very clean, gently used with all/most of the usual bugs worked out or repaired just like mine & most won't find one, even of lesser quality, with the options ours have for the money, so I'm not understanding the problem with selling them.
Good luck with the sale!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:12 AM   #4

Danny and Linda,

Thanks for the info! I understand your frustration with your "giving away" statement. We went to a well known consignment outfit in New Braunfels and were insulted by their quote. Like most newer RVs, we are already going to take a big depreciation hit. We think we have a beautiful Redwood and truck and maybe it will be what someone is looking for. Best of luck with your future sale.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:04 AM   #5

Edit my previous post, it been listed since Nov 2017.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 07-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

The problem is that the value falls like a rock with these things. Take his rig, NADA Avg. Retail is $54,050, low retail is $44,850. Me personally I would jump on a lightly used rig such as this but one must look and observe what they are actually selling for. His price is not unreasonable compared to RVtrader.com but then we do not now what they are really selling for. Just be patient as someone will come along and make a deal for it but you must be willing to negotiate.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Edit my previous post, it been listed since Nov 2017.
I was gonna say....
If you are in Nov 18, please send lottery numbers.....quickly !!!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #8

Nope, just fat fingers/small keys!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 07-28-2018, 05:36 PM   #9

All of the comments are correct. And when my Wife and I decided to buy another RV, this is our 8th, we said then it would be the last one. So, we keep it covered in an enclosed RV Shed out of the Sun and elements that destroy RV's. Keep it washed and Waxed and it looks like new, even after 3 years. And we are still working on some Bugs, but minor ones.

We're just starting into our 60's and intend to keep it for the duration.

We knew the minute we drove it off the dealers lot it would depreciate rapidly. So the thought of selling it, hasn't crossed our minds.

Your RIG and Truck are gorgeous though.

Good Luck.

Jeff
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
The title of your post is "selling soon", unfortunately you may be "selling", but unless you are VEEERRY lucky I doubt it will be "soon"!
Mine has been listed on several sites along with both RW forums & others since Nov '18 with moderate interest, but no buyers. Everyone, including dealers & consignment lots, want you to give it away.
Yours is very clean, gently used with all/most of the usual bugs worked out or repaired just like mine & most won't find one, even of lesser quality, with the options ours have for the money, so I'm not understanding the problem with selling them.
Good luck with the sale!
A lot of it has to do with financing I believe. Although we are not looking to sell our 2013 36FB, once being diagnosed with my stage four neck and throat cancer December of 2016, and then almost dying as result of the cancer treatments in September of 2017, i wanted to add my wife to the loan so that in the event I pass, she can continue to make the monthly payments and maintain ownership of our Redwood so that she does not suddenly end up homeless. Unfortunately her credit was in the toilet at the time we purchased it due to a failing business, and I had to buy the RV in my name only. Being healthy as an ox at the time, didn't see that as a problem.

But now rather than just add her to the current loan, they want it refinanced as a new loan on a used travel trailer, and based upon both hers and my credit ratings which would increase the good interest rate that I got when I originally financed it. Then, because we currently owe about 20k more than the NADA "suggested high retail" the bank of course wants a down payment to refinance a five year old loan. But not just the 20K difference I mentioned earlier, rather the different between what we currently owe them minus the "low retail" value of the RV, which is approximately eight grand more! So lets just make financing the RV as hard as we can, and this is a highly recommended and used lender in the RV industry. Plus we are not talking slouchers here either when it come to making the monthly payments on the twenty year loan I agreed to. Every payment from day one has been paid early or on time. I just thank God that we only paid the clearance price on this 5er, rather than the $118,000 price shown on the redwood build order for this particular unit, or our down payment to refinance would be astronomical!

So when trying to get rid of a late model used RV of any kind, (we have friends who's RV have been listed at cost for almost two years now, and nobody have been able to afford to get them financed) don't hold your breath waiting on a sale, unless you just plain get lucky imop.
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #11

could you send me some more information.
Thanks,
Mike
mhildebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #12

I hope it goes through for you. We are wanting to get a toy hauler to carry my bike when we retire. Trade in was 25k. Going to try and sell outright.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 AM   #13

Hello!

I have a few more pics on my registry if you haven't seen them. I will be happy to text or email pics and model info if you would like. This is a loaded Redwood minus a generator, but does have the gen prep wiring. It has side by side Whirlpool washer and dryer, dishwasher, fireplace, outside TV, residential fridge, vacuum system, king size bed, levelup system and much more. The King Ranch F350 pulls it beautifully. My wife and I always joke that it is nicer than our first house.

Mike
Boerne, TX
(210) 397-8219
Old 09-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #14

Danny is your Redwood still for sale?
mdsping12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #15

How much are you asking for your Redwood?
mdsping12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsping12 View Post
Danny is your Redwood still for sale?
Yep! Still available, here's the ad!
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-renew-listing
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #17

Yes, still for sale: $67.000.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #18

Mike & Paula,
We must've scared both the lookers away! I sent both a PM from here & no response openly here or through a PM.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-13-2018, 03:14 AM   #19

Ha, I guess so Danny! I am going to list mine locally in San Antonio and if no luck, I'll go to RV Trader...I'm in no rush.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Paula View Post
Ha, I guess so Danny! I am going to list mine locally in San Antonio and if no luck, I'll go to RV Trader...I'm in no rush.
Mines been listed on Craigslist, RV Trader, RVT, along with the classified section on both RW forums & sitting in the front site of the rv park with a big "For Sale" sign on it, but we're in no rush either.
Good luck with yours!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined