Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 389
TrailerLife Landmark365

Just got my Trailer Life with the Landmark 365 on the cover. It is being pulled by a SRW Ford. On the Ford site, the only option for 18000 lbs and 3200 lb hitch is a DRW, no surprise.

To me is seems the RV industry tries to hide some information involved in safety. 1. The need for a Class A drivers license. 2. What is needed to safely pull these big units.
__________________
Scott
2015 38GK, Titan Brakes, H 114 Tires, IS
2015 Denali Dually
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
GA1817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 351
Do not agree with your #1 but totally agree with #2. But you forgot #3
__________________
Dean & Cindy (Go DAWGS)
2013 Ram 3500 CC DRW 4.10 "Plain Jane"
(RIP "Struck by Lightning")
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,094
Wonder what model it is. Maybe the one being towed is within the numbers. My Redwood was within the F350 SRW numbers using the specified pin weight and GVWR. Reality - different story.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Wonder what model it is. Maybe the one being towed is within the numbers. My Redwood was within the F350 SRW numbers using the specified pin weight and GVWR. Reality - different story.
I believe the article features the Syracuse which is a new model and the floor plan that would interest me. It measures somewhere around 36' but the manufactured delivered weight is somewhere around 14,000lbs, quite a bit heavier than the 31SL. It's possible that a SRW would be within limits but it has to be close.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 33
Class A License

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
Just got my Trailer Life with the Landmark 365 on the cover. It is being pulled by a SRW Ford. On the Ford site, the only option for 18000 lbs and 3200 lb hitch is a DRW, no surprise.

To me is seems the RV industry tries to hide some information involved in safety. 1. The need for a Class A drivers license. 2. What is needed to safely pull these big units.
Was I shocked to find out I needed a Class A non-commerical license to pull my Redwood 38GK. Out here in California.
gvtahoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,931
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvtahoe88 View Post
Was I shocked to find out I needed a Class A non-commerical license to pull my Redwood 38GK. Out here in California.
How did you find that out. I bet the guy that sold you the trailer didn't mention it
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvtahoe88 View Post
Was I shocked to find out I needed a Class A non-commerical license to pull my Redwood 38GK. Out here in California.

Yep..... There was a guy that bought a brand new Entegra and had to wait 3 months to get his license.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I believe the article features the Syracuse which is a new model and the floor plan that would interest me. It measures somewhere around 36' but the manufactured delivered weight is somewhere around 14,000lbs, quite a bit heavier than the 31SL. It's possible that a SRW would be within limits but it has to be close.
Used the specs from the article which could be wrong. GVWR listed as 18000 lbs. Hitch was 3230. The specs do show it to be the Syracuse. The picture show 3 AC units.
__________________
Scott
2015 38GK, Titan Brakes, H 114 Tires, IS
2015 Denali Dually
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
Used the specs from the article which could be wrong. GVWR listed as 18000 lbs. Hitch was 3230. The specs do show it to be the Syracuse. The picture show 3 AC units.
Ah, that is a big fella then. Would agree that article is very misleading then.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 280
That's a stripped down 4x2 super cab XL truck, that probably has a high payload due to there being no extras on the truck. Not everyone that tows a trailer pulls them at max GVWR.
__________________

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.