Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 AM   #61
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
I found a good grease to use in the 9 grease fittings on the triglide. I got tiered of my pin slamming so I took my small grease gun and removed the grease that I normally use and then packed the gun with Lucus heavy duty bearing grease. This is the same grease that I used one my freightliner classic and I never had any problems with over a million miles. The Lucus grease did stiffen up the movement on the plate. I had to push and pull a lot harder to move the plate. I will give it a test run this Friday when I take the RW to the Keystone factory in Penelton Or. for slide repairs

I have been using lucus from day one with ours and it seems to work very well

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:00 AM   #62

LCI replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I didn't think it seemed right. Thanks. I'm really afraid to tow it like this, but am not sure what to do. Hope to hear something from LCI soon and will let everyone know what they say...
Well, an update, LCI is shipping out a new lower jaw to my dealership for replacement. Now I have to carefully tow it there!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:14 AM   #63
Dan

I too just got authorization for a new lower jaw. As soon as we get back home (mid Apr) I will request shipment. Not sure what has happened but it looks like you ask and they ship. Maybe someone may threatened lawsuit.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 AM   #64

Yep. I'm sure the word is getting out. I just told a guy parked near me with the same Tri-Glide on his toy hauler. Listened to him bang his way in... every time he stopped and started BANG! He had no idea and is calling tomorrow.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 03-10-2017, 02:58 AM   #65

has anyone gotten the dealer to install for free also? I was told that unless the RW was under warranty still you have to pay for installation. I received my new lower jaw about two weeks ago and need to either install myself or take to dealer to have put on.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:05 AM   #66
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
has anyone gotten the dealer to install for free also? I was told that unless the RW was under warranty still you have to pay for installation. I received my new lower jaw about two weeks ago and need to either install myself or take to dealer to have put on.
I was told Lippert is paying only one hour labour but will see

Old 03-10-2017, 03:35 AM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
I found a good grease to use in the 9 grease fittings on the triglide. I got tiered of my pin slamming so I took my small grease gun and removed the grease that I normally use and then packed the gun with real mess heavy duty bearing grease. This is the same grease that I used one my freightliner classic and I never had any problems with over a million miles. The Lucus grease did stiffen up the movement on the plate. I had to push and pull a lot harder to move the plate. I will give it a test run this Friday when I take the RW to the Keystone factory in Penelton Or. for slide repairs

You can pump as much grease as you want in those nine zerks and all you get is a bigger mess. Grease gets everywhere!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:41 AM   #68

I was told by RW and Lippert they only replace the lower jaw and shipping. I will have to check with dealer. If I am going to pay to have it installed I am going to change to Moryde.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
Well, an update, LCI is shipping out a new lower jaw to my dealership for replacement. Now I have to carefully tow it there!
So is LCI sending a Flex Air or just a fixed plate Air Ride lower jaw?
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #70

The fixed lower jaw. Air-ride 21k. Installation is easy, just need one person to help.
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #71

If LCI is covering the first hour, that would pretty much cover the whole swap..
I totally swapped mine in my driveway from the old Tri-Glide, to the Flex Air in about 2 hours by myself...

I would think one of their techs, with the proper equipment could do swap the lower portion a lot faster .
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJSIM2003 View Post
I was told by RW and Lippert they only replace the lower jaw and shipping. I will have to check with dealer. If I am going to pay to have it installed I am going to change to Moryde.
I am doing mine under warranty through my dealer. They are ordering the lower jaw through LCI with my assigned Lippert customer service number and doing the install. Lippert is paying one hour labor, which should be enough. We all have a five year warranty on our chassis, which the kingpin is a part of.

They will not pay labor if they send it directly to you. You have to go through a repair facility. Redwood may if you ask them??

Old 03-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #73
Site Team

Rickc, who and what phone number did you contact at Lippert? Also, do they require the RW to be in the warranty period?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 AM   #74

Dan I towed my rig for the first time with the lucus grease in all 9 fittings and it did not make any difference. the pin plate still slams. I am glad I towed it to the dealer with my new to me international. The truck pulls it like it isn't even their except for the slaming. I called LCI and they told me if it isn't damaged there isn't any thing they can do for me. may be I am talking to the wrong person
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #75

Trail-air Tri-Glide movement

According to LCI, the bottom plate is supposed to travel around 2 inches, however; they recommended to add grease regularly and then provided me with a maintenance schedule. (I tried attaching the schedule on a PDF file, but couldn't do it on this RWO format) LCI inferred, that many of the complaints on forums, were the result of owners not following guidelines. If anyone would like a copy of the schedule, either contact LCI directly or email me and I'll send it to you directly. I'm going to add some Lucas grease to mine before we head north in a couple weeks to Elkhart, Indiana, and see if that indeed makes a difference.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
LCI inferred, that many of the complaints on forums, were the result of owners not following guidelines.
hahahaha- poor lCI! They catch a bad wrap on the forums because they deserve it!

I got the same nonsense from them as they were denying my spring claim that fell apart before I got home from the Dealer. They said it was installed wrong by Redwood, and that all the bad stuff about them on forums is unjustified. Perhaps if they stood up for themselves and stood behind their products, their reputation would improve.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 AM   #77

Agree that MorRyde makes excellent products as I'm putting an IS with disc brakes components on my RW next month. Still, my experience with the MorRyde hitch on a previous new 5th was not that rewarding. Trail-Air bounce definitely better, however; the question becomes the gliding plate and people complaining about the slamming. I would opt for the Trail-Air Flex at this point if given a choice.
Fusion backup monitor
Old 03-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #78

I just called Lippert customer service and told them that my Triglide was not only moving back and forth very loosely but up-and-down with a lot of banging.
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 AM   #79

Trail-Air Tri-Glide

As you all know, LCI makes several pin box mounts. The Trailair Tri-Glide is their highest rated at 21K pounds and is the most expensive at $1500. Over all, the Tri-Glide has functioned better that the MorRyde I had on my other unit. I've also personally talked to a couple of RW owners in our RV park, that have the Tri-Glide, and they feel satisfied. They were unaware of the complaints addressed in this forum or the greasing schedule. I recently added Lucas bearing grease after reading the recommended maintenance schedule, so that may improve things more so or add to it's longevity. Maybe things will deteriorate with the chucking element over time, but right now, I'm satisfied with over 4000 miles of use.
Fusion backup monitor
Old 03-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #80
Site Team

Woodman - just keep an eye on it. The replacement for the Tri Glide, which is not made anymore, is the Flex Air which so far everyone that has likes. There are some r ports that it has some issues with the rubber on the pivot shifting.

When I decide last summer to replace mine at the Rally with a MorRyde I did so for a couple of reasons. Mine was starting to make a lot of banging, had more than 25k mils on it no I didn't trust it. I changed my Reese 25k Elite hitch (which I hated) to a 24k Comfort Ride Hitch which uses Urethane cushions and doesn't really play well with an air hitch. If I had kept the Reese I would have gon to a Flex Air.