Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Site Team

Toad car available

If anyone is interested in becoming one of us that double tows - here's your opportunity.

Our 2016 Ford Focus will be for sale. Great little car, only reason selling it is that for the foreseeable future we will be in Arizona and there's just too many trails and BLM land to explore. Fred the Focus needs to become a Wrangler. Lol
If it was 7" higher and 4x4 it would be fine.

Have to say that it's super handy having a small car to run around with after setting up. Try taking a Dually into the French quarter or in the little villages on the Maine coast. Lol lots of fun.

We've towed the car about 9,000 miles through 18 states and never had an issue either with the rig or with any LEO and have been looked at by many. Car is a hatchback, automatic, SE and is a silvery/light tan metallic color called Tectonic that goes well with the coach (ours is Black and Tan). Weight wise you're ok, weighs a little less than 3k lbs.

Car has Blue Ox baseplate and Roadmaster automatic battery disconnect. Wiring for lights is installed in taillights. Set up to use a standard 4 pin plug and also has a Roadmaster charging link for the battery while towing. You'll need a brake system and a Blue Ox towbar ( keeping brake and towbar for Jeep ). Mileage on car is about 24k and has warranty through September of 2019.

If anyone interested, please PM me. Price will be fair and all the hard expensive stuff is done.

Tows fine, only way to know it's back there is look in camera or see it in a corner. Lose about 1 mpg towing it.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #2

You find that TJ yet Vaughan, or LJ I think it was you were looking for?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi Brad - not yet. If anyone knows of a nice 2000-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ or especially the rarer Unlimited LJ, please let me know Looking for one nice enough to drive pretty much everyday but not so nice that if we take it down a nasty BLM trail and slide into a rock that I don't cry. Lol. Thought I had one and I was a day late Grrrr

Don't mind traveling to get it, the Dually will tow it back home easily. Home right now is Page AZ at Lake Powell

Hope all is going good with you all, stop by if you go traveling this year.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Hi Brad - not yet. If anyone knows of a nice 2000-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ or especially the rarer Unlimited LJ, please let me know Looking for one nice enough to drive pretty much everyday but not so nice that if we take it down a nasty BLM trail and slide into a rock that I don't cry. Lol. Thought I had one and I was a day late Grrrr

Don't mind traveling to get it, the Dually will tow it back home easily. Home right now is Page AZ at Lake Powell

Hope all is going good with you all, stop by if you go traveling this year.
If you can believe it, we haven't even been out yet this year. We are still in winter mode around here. Over a foot of snow in the mountains just last week, and there is so much snow in the mountains right now most of the places we go aren't open, and may not open. Upside is, there will be more than enough water in the lakes.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
Site Team

Then pack up Dory and bring the boat. Great down here !! 98 degrees today. Lake Powell has come up 29' in the last month and they are telling us now that when your neck of the woods on the western slope finally decides to melt we could see another 50' plus. Right now the lake is coming up over a foot a day. Pretty impressive for a 190 mile long lake !!
Old 06-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Then pack up Dory and bring the boat. Great down here !! 98 degrees today. Lake Powell has come up 29' in the last month and they are telling us now that when your neck of the woods on the western slope finally decides to melt we could see another 50' plus. Right now the lake is coming up over a foot a day. Pretty impressive for a 190 mile long lake !!
Because my boat is there at Antelope Point and how low they let the lake get this year, you need to convince the Fed's not to let it all out to lake Mead (my old stomping grounds).
Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
That sounds awesome - Dory is ready to get back to Powell! I remember last time we were there the water was coming up and they had a fleet of tow trucks at the Marina (Bullfrog) towing cars that were parked in the lot. Folks had rented houseboats - some for 2 weeks - and the water was coming up the beach faster than anticipated and they needed room to retract the docks.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:44 AM   #8
Site Team

We're coming up 12" plus a day now and they're telling us when you all finally decide to let summer come to the Rockies we'll see 16-18" a day. We're up 31' right now from the low point in April and talking to the Harbor crew today they're expecting another 50' plus.

Last year at this time when we got here the Lake had almost stopped rising. Driving us nuts anchoring houseboats. We're putting anchors 25 - 35' up the beach so that they stay dry as the lake rises. And cautioning owners to check lines at least twice a day and retighten.