Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #21

Hope all works out ok before delivery--Best of luck !!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #22
Traveling

Thanks. We just passed 6 weeks from ordering. Still a long way to go!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #23

When I was ordering my Reese back in January they we're telling me I was lucky I didn't own a Ram because of major issues like you're experiencing. Hope it works out. I know you're already frustrated with the wait. I'll tell you, once you see that beautiful coach for the first time, all this trouble will be forgotten.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #24
Traveling

Aw an extra heartfelt thanks for that. We are so excited but its an emotional time when transitioning to full timing out of the home we built and raised all of our children in. Im sure im just over-sensitive. We will get there. Very glad to have found this forum full of wise, wonderful souls!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:59 AM   #25

We have the MOPAR 20K hitch and love it. We bought a 2014 3500 Ram last November and we too went thru the same thing you are going thru. We had a Super Glide hitch in our 2008 short bed 3500. When we traded, we were going to keep the Super Glide hitch, even though we didn't like it that much (another story). Part of the deal was that they would transfer the hitch into our new truck. When they took our new truck to the hitch place, they found out that they could not put the Super Glide in the truck we bought, because they don't make the rails for anything past a 2010. So that was a huge problem, because there was no hitch to fit the truck. To make matters worse, they had sold the truck we traded in, so we had a real mess. The dealer, ended up taking back the truck we traded for and giving us a dully with the tow package and they also installed the hitch (their cost). We didn't think we wanted a dully because we had always had a short bed with the slide hitch, but we really love our new truck, and can't believe how well it pulls our 5er.

It is crazy and we really do feel for your. Very stressful.
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #26
Traveling

OH Russ & Linda that is SO helpful, thank you! Yes, it has been frustrating, partially because all of the calling to various places and hearing, "Ma'am, I have lots of hitches that will fit on your truck..." and me trying to explain that NO, only ONE will actually fit the puck system, and they would get exasperated and treat me like an ignorant woman. Oh well. If you don't mind my asking, does the MOPAR fit in as just ONE unit, or do you have to get other pieces to make it work? The website is a little vague on that point. I am going to call them tomorrow, but I have about HAD IT with HITCHES for today ;-) Thanks again to everyone for your support and awesome feedback. If nothing else, I know I am not crazy!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #27
Traveling

On a happier note... I still have my Reese 20K Yippee! Happiest I have been for a Craigslist NO-SHOW haha!! Things are looking up!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Linda View Post
When I was ordering my Reese back in January they we're telling me I was lucky I didn't own a Ram because of major issues like you're experiencing. Hope it works out. I know you're already frustrated with the wait. I'll tell you, once you see that beautiful coach for the first time, all this trouble will be forgotten.
Soooo, OK my Ram is way the heck better than my old Bow Tie and I have had them for years. There are no major issues and drive a truck if you want to have fun !!!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #29

TNTBaker -

I have to chime back in here and say thank you to you also. When I order the F350, way back in January, I was told that the factory installed fifth wheel option was not available on the build order because they are back ordered but the dealer could order the hitch from the Ford warrantee parts system and install it once the truck is delivered.

Apparently Ford also is having supplier issues w/ their hitches and are only able to get enough to satisfy warrantee issues and no new ones are being installed at the factory. Since the price to me was the same, factory installed or dealer installed from a parts order I said I didn't care and go for it.

Now today when I heard your saga I went back to the dealer today and even though my TV isn't going to be delivered for another 4 weeks or so I asked him to order the hitch now from parts so he has it in hand when the truck finally arrives.

Funny thing is he said he already ordered it because he knew it might be an issue and didn't want to delay our truck any more than it already has been. I am really happy I decided to order my TV from a dealer that specializes in Ford trucks even if 95% of their business is commercial. They are more than a car dealer that just sells some trucks.

I will feel better when he tells me he has received the hitch even as the wait for the truck drags on.......

So thanks, at least you have the truck, I'm still missing the truck and the hitch as my 2015 38FL sits in Tampa waiting to be picked up.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #30

TNT Baker, ours came from the factory set up for the MOPAR hitch. But I know there are places that can adapt it if you don't have that set-up. The problem I was told is the the beds changed in the RAM and they did not get the specs to the hitch makers in time for them to adjust. Shame on Dodge. I don't know where you are from, but I know people in the Dallas area are having them done somewhere. You can call Explorer USA in Canton, TX and they can tell you where they are doing it. Good luck. It will work out, but I know how frustrating it is.

See ya down the road.
Russ & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #31

Ditto on ksaltman about going to primarily a commercial truck dealer...

For years when I had my Ford Excursions,
I've went to a dealership that has a completely different site for their diesel truck sales and service.... MUCH better trained techs and service from them...

Maybe why my 6.0's never had the issues others said they had ?!?

Now my two new 6.7 deezle trucks have not been back to the shop for anything other than the free oil changes so we'll see !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 PM   #32
Traveling

Ok, for those who are curious, here is an interesting update. I went ahead and ordered the adapter for my Reese 20K because the craigslist guy flaked and never showed up to buy it yesterday. TODAY my phone rings and it is the parts guy from the dealership where we bought our coach (of all the places I called!) and was excited to tell me that he located the "ONLY B&W RVK3600 hitch left in the nation!!" He said he would have it in his shop in a few days and that he would make sure that it was tagged for US. Can you BELIEVE that?!! I am still skeptical, but he confirmed several times that it is the right one. He must have worked very hard to find it. I am impressed, so THANK YOU "RJ" @ B. Young RV in Portland, OR!! I hope that's a sign of future dealings with them! I cancelled the adapter and am sitting here thinking, "No way, it's probably the wrong hitch." Paranoia has kicked in! Thank you ALL for your great help and feedback. If you have a 2013+ RAM: Be advised!!! Woo Hoo!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Ok, for those who are curious, here is an interesting update. I went ahead and ordered the adapter for my Reese 20K because the craigslist guy flaked and never showed up to buy it yesterday. TODAY my phone rings and it is the parts guy from the dealership where we bought our coach (of all the places I called!) and was excited to tell me that he located the "ONLY B&W RVK3600 hitch left in the nation!!" He said he would have it in his shop in a few days and that he would make sure that it was tagged for US. Can you BELIEVE that?!! I am still skeptical, but he confirmed several times that it is the right one. He must have worked very hard to find it. I am impressed, so THANK YOU "RJ" @ B. Young RV in Portland, OR!! I hope that's a sign of future dealings with them! I cancelled the adapter and am sitting here thinking, "No way, it's probably the wrong hitch." Paranoia has kicked in! Thank you ALL for your great help and feedback. If you have a 2013+ RAM: Be advised!!! Woo Hoo!
Ok, so I know you are going to hang on to the 20k hitch until you get your problem resolved but how much are you asking for your 20k hitch if you need to get rid of it? I actually have a Reese 16k slider hitch that is working for me but eventually I want to replace it with an 18k or 20k or 22k.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #34

That's Awesome !! Happy for you guys. Might hang on to the 20K till after the fact just in case, but It's got to make you feel better

Old 04-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #35
Traveling

Oh yes we will hang on to the Reese 20K until the new one is IN the Ram wit a big RW hitched to it! Then we sell it with the rails and hardware for $550.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #36

TNT, just wanted to let you know that I have also found a B&W hitch from MaxAir in Denver. I am supposed to get it tomorrow! Fingers Crossed. I did call B&W directly that they are shipping the new units out but new orders are 6 to 8 weeks out. Luckily, MaxAir's supplier had already ordered some! Thanks for pointing out this thread as I am picking up my RW in 3 weeks and I would've been in a panic if I had waited and not gotten one.
ffbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #37
Traveling

THAT is GREAT news! You are lucky and so are we. I admit, I would like to put my eyeballs on it but I guess the guy knows what he's talking about at the dealership. It will be a disaster if he has made a mistake.I don't know when we will be picking up our redwood, but I know it will be before B&W start shipping their new hitches!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:54 AM   #38

Well I got my hitch today and just finished installing it! It wasn't hard to do except the heavy part! The puck system is pretty cool! My dealer told me that regular B&W dealers should not have to wait very long to get these hitches if they had already ordered them so if you are waiting for one check with your dealer. Now I just have to get my RW (5/23) and I will be a full-timer!
ffbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:57 AM   #39
Traveling

COOL! I am still a little nervous that our hitch will not come in as promised. I sure hope I'm wrong. I have no idea when our RW will get here. Hoping by mid May.Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:21 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffbill View Post
Well I got my hitch today and just finished installing it! It wasn't hard to do except the heavy part! The puck system is pretty cool! My dealer told me that regular B&W dealers should not have to wait very long to get these hitches if they had already ordered them so if you are waiting for one check with your dealer. Now I just have to get my RW (5/23) and I will be a full-timer!
Can you lift it out of there? If not does it come apart?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote