Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
Site Team
 
piper guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,771
Price of trucks

Was on the Ford website today so just for grins I priced out a 2017 F450 with every option available ......... Came out to $225.00 less than $80,000

Not that I was planning on a new one. I really like mine and like it even more now. Add in the fact that I've actually got equity in it and it's even more appealing.

Not sure where this will end but between the truck and an upper end fifth wheel, were in serious DP territory.
__________________
Vaughan & Tracy 2013 RW 36RL, 2013 F350 DRW CC, 2016 Focus. MorRyde IS, MorRyde pinbox, disc brakes, Comfort Ride Hitch. "Life is to be embraced, Grab it with both arms ! "
piper guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:47 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Was on the Ford website today so just for grins I priced out a 2017 F450 with every option available ......... Came out to $225.00 less than $80,000

Not that I was planning on a new one. I really like mine and like it even more now. Add in the fact that I've actually got equity in it and it's even more appealing.

Not sure where this will end but between the truck and an upper end fifth wheel, were in serious DP territory.
That's what pushed us. We decided we wanted better quality which ended up being heavy. This led to a larger truck and of course I needed Ginny to work while I was driving. Then when we test drove a new Sport Chasis, we didn't think it could be used as a sales car around hospital parking decks.

In the end we figured the payments were very close and the comfort & quality were much better with the DP. In the end, everybody has to figure what works best for them

For us ......we now enjoy each journey and wouldn't go back
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:52 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Char & Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 992
How true Vaughan... Trucks are getting out of reach for some folks. I was shocked at what our 15 cost.
I was thinking the same about cost verses a DP and I guess that is why we were looking at this one last weekend. Probably will hang out to see what RW does in the next year but this one has us thinking. I need storage before we hit the road for good. Not an Entegra but has a lot going for it in our price point even though it's still Thor.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img.jpg (75.3 KB, 29 views)
__________________

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 AM   #4
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
How true Vaughan... Trucks are getting out of reach for some folks. I was shocked at what our 15 cost.
I was thinking the same about cost verses a DP and I guess that is why we were looking at this one last weekend. Probably will hang out to see what RW does in the next year but this one has us thinking. I need storage before we hit the road for good. Not an Entegra but has a lot going for it in our price point even though it's still Thor.

Steve
That looks nice Steve......

By the way.....Entegra is owned by Thor. But I've never been treated so good
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #5
Site Team
 
piper guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,771
Steve - for you especially a big tag axle DP probably makes the most sense. You could put together a 20-24' enclosed trailer for your shop and design it so that a small car could go in the trailer along with all your shop stuff.
I see it now, Steves Travling RV Modifications. " we go anywhere, just ask". Lol
__________________
Vaughan & Tracy 2013 RW 36RL, 2013 F350 DRW CC, 2016 Focus. MorRyde IS, MorRyde pinbox, disc brakes, Comfort Ride Hitch. "Life is to be embraced, Grab it with both arms ! "
piper guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jeff&Karen39MB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 285
Its funny how this forum always seems to read my mind sometimes, the DW and myself are planning to go to the Super RV show in Tampa in January, and were planning on looking at LUXE, DRW AND REDWOOD, and the new coaches.
We really like the Luxe with the entire Mor Ryde suspension and hitch, but was concerned with weight and even though I know my F350 would pull it, still have concerns and if a truck up grade is necessary then like you say, it puts you in same category.
Lot to think about, with miles per gallon, got this one to where not really giving any trouble, and could jump from the frying pan right into the fire.
Decisions decisions decisions.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
One difference with Entegra though is that Thor acquired them not long ago...
expect the Thor flavor to start influencing Jayco-Entegra in due time...


having come from a 350-RW combo to a DP, I can tell you the mpg is comparable even towing a 5k lb jeep...
(and don't tell anyone, but my tires are rated @ 75mph ) NEVER towed the redwood that quickly...

something to be said about that picture window out front!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2101.jpg (114.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2138.jpg (241.6 KB, 6 views)
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp twin turbo scooter!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
One difference with Entegra though is that Thor acquired them not long ago...
expect the Thor flavor to start influencing Jayco-Entegra in due time...


having come from a 350-RW combo to a DP, I can tell you the mpg is comparable even towing a 5k lb jeep...
(and don't tell anyone, but my tires are rated @ 75mph ) NEVER towed the redwood that quickly...

something to be said about that picture window out front!
What MPG's are you getting with that DP? I get between 11-13 with my rig, are you getting that. If so, I need to reconsider my options. My brother has an American Eagle and he only gets 6 MPG. I believe he pulls a Honda CRV but he said he figured out the fuel expense and he said it works out the same whether you are pulling a fifth wheel and traveling around town with a F350 or you get to your destination with 6 MPG and then you travel around town
with a CRV getting 25+ MPG. Something to think about. I've been fascinated with the Super C's with diesel engines. New, around $120 - $139,000 and somewhat smaller than the DP's making it easier to get in and out of places.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #9
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,377
with my 44ft Entegra that has a 450 cummins, even pulling a full size quad cab 4x4 silverado I average 8 mpg. In all honesty though if mileage is a big concern, don't buy a 45,000 lb RV.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
with my 44ft Entegra that has a 450 cummins, even pulling a full size quad cab 4x4 silverado I average 8 mpg. In all honesty though if mileage is a big concern, don't buy a 45,000 lb RV.
Wow! I would say that's great mileage. I can't see me ever in a 44ft DP but as everyone already knows, The perfect rig doesn't exist, but I keep looking!
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.