Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #1

Exclamation Pin Box clearance

Hello all. I am new to the group and wanted to run something by you. I recently traded in my Montana 5th wheel for a 2013 Redwood RE. I had a Mor Ryde hitch/suspension on my Montana and never had any issues with the back end of the hitch clearing the side rails of the truck when making a sharp turn. My Redwood has a Roto Flex and the pin box makes me very uncomfortable with how close it comes to my side rails when making a sharper turn. Especially on uneven ground. I have raised my hitch as high as it can go and still do not have enough of a comfort zone. Has anybody changed over to a Mor Ryde pin box? In looking at them, the Mor Ryde has a totally different configuration and appears to allow for more clearance. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Det4nier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Last year at the rally a lot of people opted for the MorRyde. Getting rid of the rotoflex and trail aire PINBOX I know with my FlexAir I had to trim the ears on the back of it as it was catching my tonneau cover rails in tight turns
Old 01-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #3

Good to know

That is good to know. I really appreciate the feedback and am happy to know it is not just me. I was always real happy with the MorRyde system and thought it may be the way to go again. Do you remember which size/model number was recommended for the Redwood?
2013 Redwood RE
Old 01-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
No idea on the MorRyde #so although a few on here will chime in. I replaced my rotoflex with the Flex aire and am very happy with it
Old 01-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #5

Shane thank you very much. You have been a lot of help.
2013 Redwood RE
Old 01-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #6

I was one who changed to the MorRyde pin box at the Rally last year. I had the Rotoflex and changed since it looked much better made and also gave me about 2 more inches of clearance between our truck and front storage but still not enough to open while hitched. Very happy with it but I also have to say that I had no problems with the Rotoflex. We have had a 2011 Ford and now our 2015 GMC and no clearance issues with the turning. I did have to raise the hitch to the highest setting in the GMC to get the clearance between the bed sides and RW.

Steve
Old 01-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #7

Steve, thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it.
2013 Redwood RE
Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 AM   #8

I changed my Trail Air Tri Glide to the MoRyde Pin Box last year at the rally also.
Pulls much better with a lot more bed clearance now.
Very happy with the change.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote