Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2016, 04:54 AM   #1

New Tow Vehicle required hitch change.

I pulled the trigger and traded my 2012 Ram Longhorn dually 2 wheel drive for a New 16 Ram 3500 Longhorn 4x4. What I was not prepared for is that Ram has changed the frame some and the underbed B&W does not fit the same. Thus I was not able to use my Curt X-5 fifth wheel adapter. So that meant I either had to install rails in the bed of my new truck or go with the B&W Companion hitch. Being I already was exploring this option due to bed rail clearance on my 12 Tow Vehicle. I went ahead and made the purchase with much sadness to give up my Airhitch. I am sure this B&W will be like riding in a log wagon compared to the air hitch. So I will have to also change out my pin box to the Trail-air or something like it to get the ride I am wanting. I will say that the B&W matched up my truck and RW perfectly. I just regret that I will be taking such a beating this next week as I ride with out air. Plus I know the RW is going to miss riding on air also. As the Air Technology hitch took out 90% of the pounding going down the road. But what is done is done.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote