Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 12:36 AM   #41

I have a 2013 3500 DRW with the ASIN tranny. Great truck!
You should love your new rig!
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:56 AM   #42

She's been a great truck...I love everything I can do with it! We pick up tons of donated items and deliver them to those in need...long tables, chairs, sofas, washers and dryers, beds of any size....it actually is my dream truck...just wish it was a little bigger :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW Cal View Post
I have a 2013 3500 DRW with the ASIN tranny. Great truck!
You should love your new rig!
WarrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #43

Great choice of truck.

Has anyone towed with the Ram AUTO LEVEL REAR AIR SUSPENSION option?
I got cold feet on waiting for the 2017 Ford and went and test drove the Ram 3500 SRW. So nice! The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. Leather everywhere, heated and A/C seats, heated steering wheel, and the center console is designed perfectly for someone who's always on the go.
(The older I get the more I love heated seats and auto start. Now I may get addicted to AC seats :-)
There were not any duallys available to drive. I imagine it would be just a touch better on the highway.
I love the ram a lot better than the 2016 Ford. That says a lot because I have always not cared for Ram trucks as long as I can remember.

The Ram is solid and with the Aisin its a beast!! I had to back off the throttle a few times.
The ram Uconnect computer system is really well thought out. It covers just about everything. Better than sync for sure and I like it better than the GM version. I give it 4.7 out of 5.
Would like to see an option for wifi.
The only thing I did not care for on the drive is the mirrors were not telescoping. Ideal for city driving/daily driving.

There's a plus to all 3 brands. For me I can't believe I'm converting to Ram!!
Uramillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #44

You will not regret the decision i felt the same way converting from Ford to Ram. But I can say after nearly 60,000 miles of totally problem free service I love the truck! I do my own service and it has really never been back to the dealer with the exception of one time for a few recalls.
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #45

I have the auto level on mine. After having it, I think that I would opt for an aftermarket bag system next time. The auto-level has 2 levels, normal or 1" lower. The after market systems have more control. You mentioned the wifi and I have the option on mine, it just depends what radio system you have. We ordered the Longhorn and the wifi is part of u-connect.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uramillionaire View Post
Great choice of truck.

I got cold feet on waiting for the 2017 Ford and went and test drove the Ram 3500 SRW. So nice! The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. Leather everywhere, heated and A/C seats, heated steering wheel, and the center console is designed perfectly for someone who's always on the go.
(The older I get the more I love heated seats and auto start. Now I may get addicted to AC seats :-)
There were not any duallys available to drive. I imagine it would be just a touch better on the highway.
I love the ram a lot better than the 2016 Ford. That says a lot because I have always not cared for Ram trucks as long as I can remember.

The Ram is solid and with the Aisin its a beast!! I had to back off the throttle a few times.
The ram Uconnect computer system is really well thought out. It covers just about everything. Better than sync for sure and I like it better than the GM version. I give it 4.7 out of 5.
The only thing I did not care for on the drive is the mirrors were not telescoping. Ideal for city driving/daily driving.

I would think you could order the 17 Super Duty now,the camera system is pretty awesome and very easy to use. The computer system in the 17 is BlackBerry also very easy to use. The 2018 will have WiFi. This new truck is definitely set up for towing comfort,the DRW has all 6 tire tpms.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #47

I forgot to mention the driver and passenger front seats or message,and you can put the tailgate down with a touch of a button on the key fob.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Great choice of truck.

Congratulations of the new truck!

Trucks are a personal taste thing. I agree each has their own features that some might like or dislike. I drove primarily GM for many years with the exception of 1 Dodge. Then we switched to Ford in 2011 while preparing for the first heavy 5th wheel. We went to the F350 dually in 2012.

We went with the 2015 Chevy because it pulled better 4 down behind a motor home but I sure miss the Ford. Nothing really wrong with the Chevy but the Ford seemed better to me. It's all just personal taste and what you're use to.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty glampers View Post
I forgot to mention the driver and passenger front seats or message,and you can put the tailgate down with a touch of a button on the key fob.
Oh man, that is sounding nice!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Oh man, that is sounding nice!
Yeah,the Platinum's are sweet,the camera system is amazing. The one that looks down in the bed will make hitching up a one time thing every time. The side cameras control the sway control by looking down the side of the trailer,if the trailer gets out of line the truck adjusts. It also has active cruise control,and washers for the forward facing cameras.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #51

Congratulations on the new RAM.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy View Post
I have the auto level on mine. After having it, I think that I would opt for an aftermarket bag system next time. The auto-level has 2 levels, normal or 1" lower. The after market systems have more control. You mentioned the wifi and I have the option on mine, it just depends what radio system you have. We ordered the Longhorn and the wifi is part of u-connect.
Ok thanks. I don't think they put the order through yet? It was just yesterday I was at the dealer. I didn't see anything about wifi. That would be great if it does have it. Ram should advertise it more if it's an option. Kind of a big deal when deciding what to buy.
I went with a limited dually, all options, 3.73 and air ride. Granite/Black ext./interior.
Would you at least say a bag system is better than ordering without?
I want it to have factory warranty is all.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #53

Quote:
I would think you could order the 17 Super Duty now,the camera system is pretty awesome and very easy to use. The computer system in the 17 is BlackBerry also very easy to use. The 2018 will have WiFi. This new truck is definitely set up for towing comfort,the DRW has all 6 tire tpms.
Yes you can order a '17 Ford but delivery is not until fall. And it's built on a first to order, first built basis. I'd rather go with an inline 6. I have a feeling Ford modified the 6.7 to get more torque and power. Could be another deal like the 6.0. Lol. In this case 6.7L (2.0) that could lead to problems. Plus if you search car and driver while testing a 2017 Ford prototype it caught on fire and melted the aluminum to the ground in a few minutes. Literally minutes!!! Magnesium sparks exploding everywhere. Not very heartwarming. .
If I had my family in that truck I would be really pissed. There's no time to get away. You could loose everything.
Car and Driver
Old 05-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #54

Quote:
Yeah,the Platinum's are sweet,the camera system is amazing. The one that looks down in the bed will make hitching up a one time thing every time. The side cameras control the sway control by looking down the side of the trailer,if the trailer gets out of line the truck adjusts. It also has active cruise control,and washers for the forward facing cameras.
Can it drive and wash itself?
Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #55

Quote:
Yes you can order a '17 Ford but delivery is not until fall. And it's built on a first to order, first built basis. I'd rather go with an inline 6. I have a feeling Ford modified the 6.7 to get more torque and power. Could be another deal like the 6.0. Lol. In this case 6.7L (2.0) that could lead to problems. Plus if you search car and driver while testing a 2017 Ford prototype it caught on fire and melted the aluminum to the ground in a few minutes. Literally minutes!!! Magnesium sparks exploding everywhere. Not very heartwarming. .
If I had my family in that truck I would be really pissed. There's no time to get away. You could loose everything.
Car and Driver
Your link goes to a 2016 prototype,not a 2017 aluminum Super Duty,and you think G.M. and Dodge don'the have problems with there prototypes? And by the way the weight they saved with the aluminum body they put back into the frame making it SAFER for your family, just saying.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Can it drive and wash itself?
Well, lets just say with the pro trailer back assistance you won't need that backup camra.

Still have to wash it yourself, maybe that will be on the '18

Old 05-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Your link goes to a 2016 prototype,not a 2017 aluminum Super Duty,and you think G.M. and Dodge don'the have problems with there prototypes? And by the way the weight they saved with the aluminum body they put back into the frame making it SAFER for your family, just saying.
I hear if you live in Oregon and WA they do wash themselves. Lol

Yes is a 2016 prototype for the 2017 model year. It was an all aluminum body in the pics. Aluminum has a much lower melting point than iron. Aluminum basically melts at 1200 degrees. Where iron is closer to 2800 degrees.
I have welded, poured foundry sets, and worked on aluminium and steel for coming up on 3 decades.
The point is a Magnesium fire does not go out with water. It has to be suffocated or it will go until it runs out of fuel...i.e. Aluminium.
If you had a 50 ton solid cast iron brake press that had a spark of magnesium on it. If left over night you would come back to a puddle of molten metal the next day.
Magnesium burns so hot it's sometimes uncontrollable.
On a vehicle the engine block usually is cast with magnesium.
An all aluminum body and block with a Diesel engine fire is very VERY DANGEROUS. Again. I drove all 3 brands. Get what you like. But this design is way to dangerous for the average consumer.
I'm the biggest Ford fan there is. So I'm not speaking out of spite. I'm very concerned.

If it was not all aluminum I would be just as excited as you.
I love Fords!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
I hear if you live in Oregon and WA they do wash themselves. Lol

Yes is a 2016 prototype for the 2017 model year. It was an all aluminum body in the pics. Aluminum has a much lower melting point than iron. Aluminum basically melts at 1200 degrees. Where iron is closer to 2800 degrees.
I have welded, poured foundry sets, and worked on aluminium and steel for coming up on 3 decades.
The point is a Magnesium fire does not go out with water. It has to be suffocated or it will go until it runs out of fuel...i.e. Aluminium.
If you had a 50 ton solid cast iron brake press that had a spark of magnesium on it. If left over night you would come back to a puddle of molten metal the next day.
Magnesium burns so hot it's sometimes uncontrollable.
On a vehicle the engine block usually is cast with magnesium.
An all aluminum body and block with a Diesel engine fire is very VERY DANGEROUS. Again. I drove all 3 brands. Get what you like. But this design is way to dangerous for the average consumer.
I'm the biggest Ford fan there is. So I'm not speaking out of spite. I'm very concerned.

If it was not all aluminum I would be just as excited as you.
I love Fords!

I've had the same concern. Also, my son is in the body shop business. He said that folks in his line of work are all trying to prepare for the worst on the new Fords. I wonder how the insurance companies are going to handle the aluminum trucks since a small collision does major damage.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #59

Buy what makes you happy!! They are all good trucks. Ford, GM, RAM. I was formerly a Car dealer and drove all types. Whatever I got the best deal on that is what I would drive. That being said, GM had some rough spots and left me one to many times. So I went back to my fathers lead and became a dyed in the wool Ford man. I went through 5 different ones and loved them all including the last one which was 2005 6.0 diesel. However when I went to trade every dealer would not give me a decent trade. My father has long since left Fords and went to Ram as he was doing hot shot work. So I went and checked out the current 2012 Longhorn. WOW!! couldn't believe it was a RAM. I have a 110K miles on it and all of them trouble free. I had to swallow my pride for a while. But now I could care less. I am currently considering trading myself. I went and drove the Platinum, Ford. I drove a new Chevy LTZ dually. And I already know what the new Ram Limited is. So we shall see. Which one really wants my business. I am not married to any brand now. Which ever gives me the best deal and service. They all tow great!!! Drive what fit your rear end and pocket book.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstan View Post
Buy what makes you happy!! They are all good trucks. Ford, GM, RAM. I was formerly a Car dealer and drove all types. Whatever I got the best deal on that is what I would drive. That being said, GM had some rough spots and left me one to many times. So I went back to my fathers lead and became a dyed in the wool Ford man. I went through 5 different ones and loved them all including the last one which was 2005 6.0 diesel. However when I went to trade every dealer would not give me a decent trade. My father has long since left Fords and went to Ram as he was doing hot shot work. So I went and checked out the current 2012 Longhorn. WOW!! couldn't believe it was a RAM. I have a 110K miles on it and all of them trouble free. I had to swallow my pride for a while. But now I could care less. I am currently considering trading myself. I went and drove the Platinum, Ford. I drove a new Chevy LTZ dually. And I already know what the new Ram Limited is. So we shall see. Which one really wants my business. I am not married to any brand now. Which ever gives me the best deal and service. They all tow great!!! Drive what fit your rear end and pocket book.
I agree, there are deals to be made, and they seem to be to your advantage if you don't have a preference from the start. To me, with the current models, it's may the best deal win! I have had the GM, Ram but currently a satisfied Ford owner, the best deal won. I'm not saying that Ford will always offer the best deal, but this time they did..................and so the saga continues!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote