Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #21

Quick question, anyone know what type of discount they offered at Rally? Realize the Rally is a 2021 deal now, bu they are giving 10% during Jan and Feb on parts... wondering if it is a bigger savings to wait?
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfyukon View Post
Quick question, anyone know what type of discount they offered at Rally? Realize the Rally is a 2021 deal now, bu they are giving 10% during Jan and Feb on parts... wondering if it is a bigger savings to wait?
You didn't hear this from me but....

I called Morryde and spoke to Gary Wheeler... explained that I wanted to make the rally but was unable to do so, he was kind enough to extend the Rally Pricing to me in order to help me get it done.
The normal price in 2019 WAS $6,900.00 for 8K IS and disc brakes..

The rally special was $6,400.00 for 8K IS and disc brakes.. ( $500.00 off )

8K IS normally is $4,250.00,, rally special WAS $4,000.00
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #23

Thanks, the pricing being quoted now is about $500 more on all configurations.... same type of discount but higher starting prices
Old 08-26-2020, 01:10 AM   #24

darn inflation..... those prices were from May of 2019..
Old 08-26-2020, 01:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfyukon View Post
Thanks, the pricing being quoted now is about $500 more on all configurations.... same type of discount but higher starting prices
I may or may not have asked the same questions and received similar price. they also do off season prices during the late fall- early spring. I had mine done in march , the OEM spring got a work out on the pot hole roads in New York- Ohio. I pulled into MorRyde with a broken wet bolt and the spring riding on the frame. I was back on the road Tuesday night and back home Thursday night , the ride home was much better then the way out. Like other will tell you I leave the coffee pot and toaster on the counter tops and its in the same place 950 miles later. On the way out it was like a bomb went off and every cabniet opened up and dumps everything on the floor. I had 7000lb axles and upgraded to 8000lb IS and disk brakes. The disk are night and day better , they stop in half the distance of the drum brakes.

Morryde price doesnt inclued tax , I think that was 7%. Trailers of this size and weight need better then springs. Thats why DRV ,Luxe and a few others have used Morryde as ther OEM for years.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #26

Moryde IS

Has anyone done the Moryde IS disk brake upgrade recently ? what was the cost ? I spoke with Morryde about my Voltage triple axle, and they said the 8K axles would ride to rough, and suggested the triple 7K set up.

Again looking for recent prices for my Redwood 36 RL IS disk brake upgrade

Thanks
Barry
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymerle View Post
Has anyone done the Moryde IS disk brake upgrade recently ? what was the cost ? I spoke with Morryde about my Voltage triple axle, and they said the 8K axles would ride to rough, and suggested the triple 7K set up.

Thanks
Barry

In May of 2019, the 8k IS and discs cost around $6,900.00 with a $500.00 rally rebate to put it at $6,400.00
Old 08-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #28

This is what I got last week on pricing from MorRyde. If you schedule in Dec-Feb they give 10% off on PARTS, which is about $300 depending on setup.

The pricing for the IS system is as follows:

• Tandem 7K IS $4,199

• Tandem 8K IS $4,899

• Triple 7K IS $6,399

• Triple 8K IS $7,149

The price includes parts, labor and alignment of each wheel. There is 7% sales tax on the parts only in Indiana. Should you wish to have the installation done at Hendersons Line-Up you will need to contact them for a quotation as they do have the added cost of freight and west coast labor costs to factor in.

A product that is gaining in popularity with towable owners is a disc brake conversion. The disc brakes take the place of the traditional electric brake. The disc brake package uses a pump to send the fluid to each of the wheels. An electric controller is still located in the truck to send the signal to the pump. The advantage of the disc brake package is

- Much shorter stopping distance

- Smoother and quieter braking operation

- Reduced brake fade

The addition of the disc brake package can be easily done during an IS installation. We do offer combination package pricing as follows:

• Tandem 7K IS and Disc Brakes $6,999

• Tandem 8K IS and Disc Brakes $7,499

• Triple 7K IS and Disc Brakes $10,399

• Triple 8K IS and Disc Brakes $10,899
Old 08-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #29

Quote:

Thanks
Barry
I would agree with Morryde , You will be fine with 7K triple. your trailer is around 16,000 with out cargo . I would not question putting 6500lbs on there 7K set up . the 8K set up is much more steel and isnt needed on a triple axle trailer. I did the 8K double against there suggestion , its not rough but I could see how it would be rough at that same weight with triple . The RL if your a weekend trip not living in it get 7K save a few dollars. My 2015 RL 38 has just under 13,000lbs on the tires.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:27 AM   #30

Thanks for your input, The Voltage toy hauler will get the triple IS 7K with disc brakes. Next year hopefully I will do the Redwood. As the Voltage I started to have spring hanger breaks, and oblong holes. Again you would think that it would of had wet bolts and greasable equalizers. It will be a slow easy trip to Elkhart from NY.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Thanks for your input, The Voltage toy hauler will get the triple IS 7K with disc brakes. Next year hopefully I will do the Redwood. As the Voltage I started to have spring hanger breaks, and oblong holes. Again you would think that it would of had wet bolts and greasable equalizers. It will be a slow easy trip to Elkhart from NY.
The drive out isnt bad depending on where in NY your leaving from. i did two 7~8 hr days on the way out . I stopped in central PA to visit my cousin for a dinner and free power . then got on the road early the next day and pulled into Morryde around 4Pm the next day. The do have power outside for your night of arriving , make sure you have 100' of cord with both 20amp and 30amp adapters. They have fresh water outside near the office if you need to fill your tank that night. There is power inside and you can stay in your camper but you need to be out of it by 6:30am if I recall . I dont know what pump you want but typical they provide the hydrostar by dexter unless you ask for something else. I asked for Kodiac disk and titan pump. I would suggest you have them put the pump adapter in regardless if your truck needs it or not. Its basically a load resistor so our OEM brake controller senses a load and provides power to the 7 way plug. If they dont put one in and the trailer has to be pulled by a different truck you may not have any trailer brakes on that truck. You will notice s 1/2 second lag from the trailer brakes coming on every time you apply the brakes but they work great and give you the feeling of WOW its never stopped like this . You will need to turn the gain down to about 5 or 6 if you have your drums set to 9 or 10. Its very important for the trailer to sit level with Morryde IS so if your now set up nose high by small amount you may want to talk to them about that. They will add tube steel to raise the trailer so its still under 13' 6" . Where each tire is independent its possible for the rear trailer tires to carry much more weight depending on how out of level you are. Money well spent , I would do it a gain !
Old 08-29-2020, 02:08 AM   #32

Thanks for the info, The Redwood just got new backing plates and brakes with timken bearings, and they are working very good for now, so hopefully it can last till at least next year. Considering the Covid situation, neither trailer has been moved this year, and probably will not. Its a sad year for RVing, as usually every other weekend we take 4 or 5 day trips, from late March through October we are on the road . Thanks again Barry

2016 Redwood 38RL, 3 AC with heat pump, full body paint, 17.5 Goodyears
2016 Voltage 3990 Epic V, 3 AC full body paint, Generator, Happy Jack
2013 F 350 Ultimate Lariat ,SW 8ft Special order diesel
2018 F 450 DW Ultimate Lariat, Special Order diesel
Old 09-03-2020, 03:10 AM   #33
Site Team

If you do go to disc on the trailer, very important, especially on a Ford, go into the truck apps and change the brake setting to electric over hydraulic. Takes virtually all the delay out and much improves the braking performance.