Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #21

We are really impressed with our Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes. Additionally, we installed a sliding storage drawer in our 36FL, makes it real easy to get to stuff and to "ride in" to change the water filter!! Can't say enough good things about the staff at Mor Ryde. We spent $6400 (including the sliding storage tray) damn good investment. Now thinking about a new roof - Roof Armor or ?? Anyone with some recommends??
Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Update on the IS

Left Mor/Ryde this afternoon. Took Sergio two full days to do the Disc brakes and the IS. For those of you that asked, it was $6100.00 installed for the 8k axles, Timken bearings, and Kodiak Disc Brakes.

My thoughts so far after about 250 miles today:

1. Best money I have spent on the coach. Braking is incredible and the ride from the coach and truck is unbelievably better. Going over railroad tracks and coming off bridge joints on the interstates is a non - event. When you go over tracks, you don't even feel it in the truck.

2. Overall ride with the coach on is now better than the truck alone. Except when pulling away from a stop or climbing a hill and the truck downshifts, you really have to remember and remind yourself that the coach is back there.

3. They found one of my spring hangers on the old suspension was cracked. Trailer seemed to tow fine but it was going to be a matter of time till I had a problem big time.

4. Stuff doesn't move around much. All of the things in the bathroom cabinet that used to fall over didn't and all of the glasses and stuff in the kitchen didn't either

Bottom line - if I ever replace the RW, the next coach will have this system before I take delivery. When we were at Mor/Ryde there were 6 DRV Mobile Suites there to have the alignment done. DRV puts the IS on at the factory

Hope this helps
Just got off the phone with Mor/ryde, getting everything you got for 6200.00, said a little cheaper if I come closer to the end of this year or first of next year. He is suppose to send a quote per E-mail. They quit with the oil bath bearings, not recommended.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #23
Site Team

You won't regret it. As Col John said above, best investment we've made and the staff at Mor/Ryde is first rate.

Only suggestion I would make is to stay somewhat in the area and put a couple hundred miles on it before you leave for home. Our initial install was too heavy a spring and we didn't get a chance to come back to them till the Rally.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #24

Quote:
You won't regret it. As Col John said above, best investment we've made and the staff at Mor/Ryde is first rate.

Only suggestion I would make is to stay somewhat in the area and put a couple hundred miles on it before you leave for home. Our initial install was too heavy a spring and we didn't get a chance to come back to them till the Rally.
Thanks for the info, my wife's cousin lives in Battlecreek/Kellogg. We will be there for a week. Do they change or adjust springs?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
Site Team

They have a number of different spring combinations based on the Durometer (hardness) of the rubber. When we had it done and they weighed the coach, we were on the upper end of 7K axles. I elected to go to 8K since I knew I would be putting a Genset and W/Dryer in. We did 8k axles with the lowest end 8k springs. Was too much and stuff still moving around more than it should be. When we were back out there for the Rally, Gary actually went for a ride in the coach and when we came back said the springs were too stiff. We wound up with the 8K axles and the upper end 7K springs and the ride is now amazing.

When we left Mor/Ryde and went to South Haven MI (about 125 miles on a terrible Interstate road) I put a plastic water glass upside down on a towel on the Island. It was still there when we pulled in to the site .......
Old 08-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #26

Vaughn, if want a real test, take I-40 east out of Oklahoma City, it was like waves in their concrete & not just the bridges, we had stuff shuffled that has never moved before.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #27
Site Team

Yea....I40 is a lot of fun! We went across there in a hell of a storm.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #28

Quote:
They have a number of different spring combinations based on the Durometer (hardness) of the rubber. When we had it done and they weighed the coach, we were on the upper end of 7K axles. I elected to go to 8K since I knew I would be putting a Genset and W/Dryer in. We did 8k axles with the lowest end 8k springs. Was too much and stuff still moving around more than it should be. When we were back out there for the Rally, Gary actually went for a ride in the coach and when we came back said the springs were too stiff. We wound up with the 8K axles and the upper end 7K springs and the ride is now amazing.

When we left Mor/Ryde and went to South Haven MI (about 125 miles on a terrible Interstate road) I put a plastic water glass upside down on a towel on the Island. It was still there when we pulled in to the site .......
Gary Wheeler was who I talked to, I will print this since our units are close in weight he can ride and check mine out being how I'm not around the corner in Baton Rouge. After all is done, greasing should be all that needs to
be done yearly, right?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Yea....I40 is a lot of fun! We went across there in a hell of a storm.
I-10 late in the evening when the expansion joint expand isn't anything nice between Baton Rouge and Slidell, Louisiana. After that all the way to Florida is good.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #30
Site Team

Yours would probably be the same setup as mine. Gary said after we were done with mine, he was going to keep a record of the setup we used. I'm not exactly close either ~ 750 mile tow one way.

We used 8k axles and a #11 Spring. Ride is great.

Correct - once a year maintenance. I'm planning on doing mine the same time they pull the wheels and repack the bearings. I spent the little bit extra and put Timken bearings in.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:09 AM   #31

What's the warrantee on the Mor/Ryde IS? Need to decide to do it sooner or later.....
Old 08-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #32

Quote:
Yours would probably be the same setup as mine. Gary said after we were done with mine, he was going to keep a record of the setup we used. I'm not exactly close either ~ 750 mile tow one way.

We used 8k axles and a #11 Spring. Ride is great.

Correct - once a year maintenance. I'm planning on doing mine the same time they pull the wheels and repack the bearings. I spent the little bit extra and put Timken bearings in.
Yes he is putting the Timken bearings on mine also.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #33

I figure with $79,000 for my rig, $2000.00 for my H-rated tires and rims, $4200.00 for the lifetime roof and $6200.00 for the MOR/ryde IS system with disc brakes and bearings equals $92,000.00. That is well under what I would have paid for a DRV, plus we like the floor plan on the Redwood 36FB.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #34

Uh oh - price warning! Red alert!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #35

Danger Will Robinson !!!!

17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Uh oh - price warning! Red alert!
Southern boy's just can't remember.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #37

We have our second MOR/ryde IS. Can't say enough on how well I like this company and the way they work.

Something to consider. Whenever we are in the area I make a 7am appointment for an inspection. Haven't been charged for an inspection yet and have had springs swapped because the tech didn't like the way they looked.
Have also had my pin box spring changed at no charge for a heavier version.

Those of you that have had work done already know that with a 7am, appointment, the shop is looking for your rig at 6:30.

Warranty was asked, it is 5 years.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #38

We had a spring problem in AZ and finally got it fixed in CO, thanks to MorRyde and their rep Gary, outstanding service, and not one cent out of my pocket, they overnighted the part to me at our campground, then used corporate credit card to pay the repair bill at a local rv repair shop. We had severe issues with the stock suspension system and I believe, without any technical evidence to back this statement up, that the suspension was the root cause of replacing 2 sets of tires (after the original Marathons self destructed). We are now running with Hercules tires after our GoodYear G614s wore to the steel belt on the inside of all 4 tires (9200 miles on that set of tires with about 8000 miles or so while using the old stock suspension)
Old 09-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #39

John,
Who in CO did your work?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 AM   #40

Jim's Outback, 970-874-9372, our point of
contact there is Steve. They did a great job repairing our coach. We stayed at the Jellystone RV park, site 37, 22045 S. Hwy 550, Montrose, CO
81403. Great park, great people