Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #1

let's talk air ride suspension for the truck

I'm in the market and trying to narrow down my choices. What are the goods and bads to them and what recommendations do you have to look into. I'm looking for full blown setups with compressor and possible wireless capabilities to control them
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

I installed the airlift 5000 myself on our 2011 dodge 2500 did not go with the compressor etc. I run about 45lbs of air in each bag our 36fl drops our truck 1 1/2", I bought mine on EBAY check it out their website Air Ride, Air Bag Suspension Kits, Air Springs | Air Lift Company - Tow and Haul with Safety and Comfort I
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #3

Air ride

I went with the air lift 5000 as well with the wireless controller.Much easier to make adjustments when needed.Only cost about $200.00 more to get it.System works very well.
Donhutch1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
Site Team

If you are talking full Air Suspension then you need to look at Kelderman and also AutoFlex. I'm seriously considering the AutoFlex and Dvae has a Kelderman setup.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 AM   #5
Site Team

Sorry, fat fingers, was supposed to be Dave
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #6
Site Team

Within the next couple of months I might be selling my Kelderman system if anybody is interested. It should fit any 350 from 2011 to current. My system has air bags on the front axle (springs are removed) with adjustable shocks.

The rear axle is called a "2 stage system" and has a wireless remote. Basically they took off the rear leaf spring hangers and put air bags in their place. This way you still have the leaf springs but the air bags isolate the bumps.

I'll also be taking out the extra fuel tank that sits in my bed under the retractable bed cover canister. It's aluminum made by "American Tank" and hold a little over 30 gallons. This is not a transfer tank and if you have a Ford with upfitter switches, it gets wired to switch #4 and then uses the factory fuel gauge.

I already have someone interested in my tuner and cold air intake but they're not interested in the "AFE" exhaust. So that will also be available.

The RV dealers I'm starting to deal with are only giving me stock prices so I'm stripping the truck of the goodies and hopefully recover some of the small fortune I have invested. If anybody is interested in this stuff, send me a private message and we'll talk about it.