Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
Site Team

Ford fuel mileage

Ok, this is sure to be a hot topic but I figured it was time to open a can of worms ....

For those of you with 2012 or newer F350 Dually's , I'd be curious to know what speeds and mpg you get. I've now towed my 36RL about 15,000 miles total. Have been in all kinds of terrain other than the western mountains (hopefully this summer for that ).

In my truck with the 3.73 gears and in regular conditions, ie rolling hills , mostly semi flat, no mountains, I get a consistent 10.3 -10.5 mpg when running 68 mph. I find in mine, if I run slower, say 62-63, I actually lose about .4 mpg. If I run 70, doesn't seem to change any.

I haven't tried going considerably slower as here in the North East you would get run over and off the road by Semis. If you don't run with the traffic you literally take your life in your hands.....

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary, but I'm curious what the others are seeing.