Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #21

Chuck, What is your gain setting on your truck's integrated brake controller?
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
We just picked ours up yesterday. And I havent pullled it far but the little that I had I also felt the same thing. Soft Disk Brake feel.. Going to talk to the service guys tomorrow about it and see what they thing about it. Right now there is now way that the disk brakes will lock up if I pulled the pin. But they are working you can feel that, but not to the extent that they would lock the brake up in and emergency.

Remember you need a special brake controller to handel the disk brakes which arehydraulic,the controller sends a pulsed signal to thehydraulicbrake actuator in the 5th wheel. If you are using a standardelectricbrake controller it will feel very mushy. Google hydraulic brake controller, I use a Tekonsha P3 which is both electric and hydraulic.

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #23

Mike I had it at 5 but I see you have yours at 9 so Im going to increase it to 8 and see how that is. Might be leaving tomorrow or first thing tuesday morning. Depends on how long they have it monday. I did my first wax job on it today and the outside looks great. I couldn't find anything on the outside that needs to be fixed. So Im hoping monday will go quickly.

On the Hinsley TD3 air ride hitch they have a plate with a hole in it for the a clip to hang the emergency brake cable.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #24

Just for an experiment, pull out the pin and see if you can move the trailer. Then, reinstall the pin and see if you can have the trailer brakes hold the rig on a slight incline. Then go about 10 mph and apply the trailer brakes and see if the rig will come to a stop with just the trailer brakes.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #25
Site Team

Lillyputz,

I think Ihave my Prodigy P3 set to 8. I would have to double check for sure the next time I am towing.

It took some experimentation to get it set up. I first had to make sure it was set up for the electric over hydraulic mode. I used the controller's manual lever to apply the trailer brakes without the truck brakes, while moving slowly, and adjusted the setting until the trailer brakes would quickly stop the rig.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy

Lillyputz,

I think Ihave my Prodigy P3 set to 8. I would have to double check for sure the next time I am towing.

It took some experimentation to get it set up. I first had to make sure it was set up for the electric over hydraulic mode. I used the controller's manual lever to apply the trailer brakes without the truck brakes, while moving slowly, and adjusted the setting until the trailer brakes would quickly stop the rig.

Thanks for the info. I'll try ajusting your way and see what happens.

Lillyputz
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #27

I have had the same issue when turning to the right. For a quick fix, use three of four zip-ties together until you can get a longer lanyard.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #28

Why not go to your local hardware store, buy some simalar cable (sold by the foot) and two "U" clamps to secure the loops? Easy install.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote