Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
Site Team

Back at MorRyde again ......

And totally forgot about the TRAINS !! lol, at least I'm tired enough tonight that I doubt they will keep me awake (that and Tracy made me a very stout Crown and GingerAle ).

Just got hooked up to power about an hour ago, heat is on, life is good. Need to do some minor service checks to the truck and set the alarm for 0530 so I'm awake and halfway coherent at 6:30 to back the rig into the service bay.

Almost 5 years on the IS and disc brakes with no issues and a lot of peace of mind. Time for a good inspection , pack the bearings, and change the pads just cause we're in there.

And then we're headed west !!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:44 AM   #2

We have an appointment with Mor/ryde right after the Rally this summer for the same things. We're just shy of 30K in three years.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

Vaughn, that's my favorite drink, have you tried the Crown Apple yet, in shot form chilled?
Also there is a thing called Maple Kiss, equal parts Crown, Razzmatazz Schnapps and Maple syrup, a nice combo in mixed group, learned that from some Canadians here in Florida, safe travels.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #4

Wow "equal parts"? Not sure I could drink that much Maple syrup!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #5

Vaughan

Good luck going around Gary and Chicago!!!!!!!!!! We lost one of our truck front wheel center caps on that awful freeway going to the rally last year. I would seriously consider juggling my schedule so I could do that section very early on a Sunday morning.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:21 AM   #6
Site Team

Finish d up at MorRyde about 10:30 and headed w st. No issues around Chicago. We're in Lena , IL. Cold !! Going down to 15 tonight. And this is spring ?

Guy - didn't change brake pads. Sergio at MorRyde looked at them and said they have at least 40% pad left. We will probably do next year but will wait and see. About 32-33k on these now.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Finish d up at MorRyde about 10:30 and headed w st. No issues around Chicago. We're in Lena , IL. Cold !! Going down to 15 tonight. And this is spring ?

Guy - didn't change brake pads. Sergio at MorRyde looked at them and said they have at least 40% pad left. We will probably do next year but will wait and see. About 32-33k on these now.

Vaughn......Thanks for the information. I have the Kodiak disk brakes that I ordered from Redwood when I ordered the coach back in 2011. I have between 25K and 30K miles on them since. The brakes still operate and function very well. I need to inspect and check everything this spring when the weather warms.

Stay warm and safe on the way west. Enjoy your summer at Yellowstone.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #8

Yea, we used sugar free Maple.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
And totally forgot about the TRAINS !! lol, at least I'm tired enough tonight that I doubt they will keep me awake (that and Tracy made me a very stout Crown and GingerAle ).

Just got hooked up to power about an hour ago, heat is on, life is good. Need to do some minor service checks to the truck and set the alarm for 0530 so I'm awake and halfway coherent at 6:30 to back the rig into the service bay.

Almost 5 years on the IS and disc brakes with no issues and a lot of peace of mind. Time for a good inspection , pack the bearings, and change the pads just cause we're in there.

And then we're headed west !!
Vaughn, Sam and I replaced our pin box with MorRyde at Buckley AFB in CO. The lippert tri glide fell to pieces when we stopped. We have at least 110K miles on our 2012 36FL and are still wandering around. I am teaching for the National Guard Bureau, and get to wander the eastern seaboard out to the Mississippi, about 4 days a month. Gets me out of the house unless Sam decides she wants to take the coach. Hope you both are doing well, Take Care John and Sam
Old 10-18-2018, 02:39 AM   #10

PiperGuy....I will be visiting Mor-ryde in about a week to the have the IS installed on my Rushmore, what is the best way to approach the factory...I am thinking about coming in from the south off of route 20. I already have Kodiak disc brakes done by Ron(titanguy) and his crew and I am glad to hear they are holding up well. Thanks.
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #11

That's the way we came in. Take the main st. exit off 20 and head north to MorRyde, east on Lusher then left on Sterling Ave. Can't miss it.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Old 10-18-2018, 04:13 AM   #12

MORyde IS would you for a 2013?

Hello, I’ve been reading a lot about the IS and we are very interested in getting our suspension upgraded...we bought our Redwood used from a couple who were full-time and we are too. But we are putting a lot of miles on the trailer - going from the west coast to the east coast, to Midwest to west coast to east coast...and it doesn’t seem like we will be ending our migration anytime soon. My concern is ... Is it to late to install the IS - We plan on keeping the trailer for at least 3 more years and we plan to continue traveling.

We currently have 16” G rated tires and plan to upgrade to 17.5 H rated tires. We have had one spring hanger re-welded, but other than that we have been problem free.

Also, I can’t seem to find out if they IS can be installed at a place other than Indiana.

Thanks for any insight. Also any recommendations for tires in the Salem OR area or Brookings OR area?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:29 AM   #13

I believe Henderson's Line Up in Grant's Pass is an authorized IS install station. Their pricing is a bit higher than in Elkhart, but it's an option if you don't want to drive back to Indiana.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #14

Like Jim stated above, There is an authorized installer somewhere out west, it very well may be Henderson Lineup...

Call Gary Wheeler at Morryde and have that discussion.... they are great people to deal with.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #15
Site Team

For those going to MorRyde and coming north on 33 f on US 20. The turn onto Lusher is very sharp. Take part of the next lane over to give yourself enough room to make the turn. If you want, the street before , is E. Hively. The turn there is considerably easier and th n just make the l ft on Sterling and go north.

As to the other question - is it too late - if you're traveling a bunch, what price is peace of mind, stability, ride and handling ?
Old 10-19-2018, 03:31 AM   #16

thanks for the tip on E. Hively....will definitely take that. Is the RV lot easy to get into and well lit?? I will most likely not arrive until way after dark...
Old 10-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
Site Team

If you turn right on E. Hively off 33, as soon as you go over the tracks you will be turning left on Sterling. Follow Sterling north and cross over Lusher. You'll start to see MorRyde buildings. DO NOT TURN INTO THE PARKING LOTS.
Go past the buildings to the next intersection and turn right on Bar St. Go to next right that you can make and turn into the MorRyde lot. The overnight parking will be to your right , there is plenty of room to turn around. There are 5 spaces, all have 50@ hookup. Electric only. Preferred would be to arrive with water onboard. You can get it there but will involve maneuvering coach close to building, adding water and then doing a three point turn to back into space.

The plant is running three shifts so lighting is no problem. Bring earplugs for the trains ........ they run all night long and I swear the engineers have a sadistic streak with the horns ......

Please say hi to Gary Wheeler and Rob for me. They will recognize the name. You'll. Be very happy with the results. A suggestion if you can is to go on about a 100 mile drive and back before you leave the area to ch can ride and spring rates. The spring selection is a "best estimate" and is sometimes too strong (stuff will move around that shouldn't ". For them to change springs is about an hour or two to do all four if needed. We took a trip up to the western shore of Lake Michigan and spent a weekend. Wound up dropping down a couple steps on the spring durometer to get the ride just right.

Enjoy
Old 10-20-2018, 03:27 AM   #18

All GREAT tips....MUCH appreciated. I will be bringing water, so I will not have to worry about that. Looking forward to going back to Blue Gate as well....PIE!!!!!!