Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #1

Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 with Wireless Air

I am pretty sure that we are going to have the LoadLifter 5000 air bags installed along with the Wireless Air system. The Wireless Air system includes an onboard compressor (dedicated to the Air Bags only) that allows you to adjust PSI in each bag individually (via a wireless remote).

For those of you who might have this system installed, did you have a "manual" schrader valve installed also so you could inflate the bags manually if need be?

Also, I have read several complaints (from the amazon site) from people saying that the wireless Air remote control has poor reception and that the wireless manifold has failed several times. Has anyone experienced these types of issues. I realize that most people will post complaints and very few will post praise. I am just trying to get a better idea how well this system works.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Mike
I installed Firestone bags and a viar on board compressor with a 5 gal tank. I have a control in the cab to air the bags. Also an airchuck on either side of the truck behind the cab to air tires, run air tools etc. It is good to 200psi. Airs my 120psi tires in a very short time
Old 10-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #3

I the Air Lift system. It works well but I do make sure to have the remote in range because I mounted the controller and compressor above my spare way in the back. I roll down the window. It totally depends on where you mount the controller as to the reception of the remote.

I also wired the compressor to the hot side of my fog lamps so they have to be on. You can wire it anywhere there is a spot for when the key is on.

I do not have the ability to set the bags separately on my model they share the same hose on a tee. Yes I also plumbed in a standard Schrader valve in the bed next to the trailer plug. It looks great there. I think you would want this backup.

BTW this is my second Air Lift. I installed them both myself. very easy setup. Some of the bag kits are different based on model of vehicle.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #4

I have the Air Lift with wireless remote have had it for about 6 months on new truck, Have had no issues. I did install a manual valve just in case there was a issue in the future. So far works flawless and I am very happy. I did the install myself with the help of a friend it took about 4 hours to install. Might have been shorter but we had to take a few Brew breaks along the way.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:53 AM   #5

I had the airlift 5000 and wireless remote on my F350 dually. The receiver was below the cab if I remember. It worked fantastic - so well in fact I thought about adding the wireless to a compressor I put on the Trailair.

The nice part about the Wireless One, is it will maintain pressure - if you leak down a little on the road - it will bring it back up to your preset. Add that to the auto dump and autofill memory it had and it was pretty handy, especially for hitching and unhitching.

I did add a schraeder valve at the license plate in case the compressor failed.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #6

I had the airlift on our old dually, however, it was not wireless. I had our compressor installed under the rear seat with the gauge up front next tot he driver seat on the console. It was always on, not just with the key. By installing it in the cab, it would not be affected by weather.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #7

Mike & Pam. I have the Air Master Loadlifter 5000 with the Wireless One installed on my 2017 F-350 dually. They work great and the ride is smooth except for extremely rough roads like they have in Oklahoma. Even semi's have problems with their air ride systems on their deep potholes. Well worth the money no matter which brand you choose.
RW3951WB19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #8

One thing I might add. I started off with the Firestone air system and installed the compressor along side the frame of my truck which is recommended in the instructions. Within a year the compressor quit working and after getting a new one I took the old compressor apart and the piston was corroded and frozen inside the cylinder. I put the replacement inside one of the cargo compartments under the floor board of my Ram truck. So I would try to keep it out of the elements as much as possible.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #9
MrT

Airmaster

I had the Airmaster system with the wireless remote on my Silverado for over 5 years. I mounted the compressor above the spare tire and wired it to the 12v lead on the trailer wiring under the truck. Had two presets on the remote; one for the fifth wheel attached and one for unloaded (15 psi). I never had a problem. Just waiting on some cash to free up to add them to my F-350 dually.
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote