Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 02:30 AM   #41

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce
Ford used to have a brochure for Towing information only...I have a F250 with camper and tow package...The 08 brochure rate the F250 better than the F350...Everything was the same the rear springs had more leaves than the F350...I don' understand some of the new ratings as the newer models only have 2 leaves...Mine has three plus 1 above and 1 below same width and same length...Go figure
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:41 AM   #42

There are lots of possibilities with chucking and guess I have been lucky. We started out with a 2011 Ford F-350 with B&W 20K Companion then switched the same hitch over to our current 2015 GMC 3500HD. Both with DRW. I have never towed with a SRW so you will never see me get into any of those arguments on here since I think a SRW will do the job just fine. Winds might move it around a little more out West and some of the heavier models may be a little to pin heavy. SL's and FL's are much lighter on the pin.

Still have the original Roto-Flex standard pin box and I have had ZERO chucking on either truck. Can I upgrade hitch or pin box?? Sure but why? I have no issue so far.

Bad bridge joints are a different story but there isn't any hope changing that with any set up.

Steve
Old 07-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
There are lots of possibilities with chucking and guess I have been lucky. We started out with a 2011 Ford F-350 with B&W 20K Companion then switched the same hitch over to our current 2015 GMC 3500HD. Both with DRW. I have never towed with a SRW so you will never see me get into any of those arguments on here since I think a SRW will do the job just fine. Winds might move it around a little more out West and some of the heavier models may be a little to pin heavy. SL's and FL's are much lighter on the pin.

Still have the original Roto-Flex standard pin box and I have had ZERO chucking on either truck. Can I upgrade hitch or pin box?? Sure but why? I have no issue so far.

Bad bridge joints are a different story but there isn't any hope changing that with any set up.

Steve
This is true, in my research the B&W Champion is an excellent hitch which I had considered. I still have my Resse 16K that my dealer through in and I'll swap it out to see if that will eliminate the chucking problem. As far as the 1 ton SRW long bed I think it's plenty enough truck to pull my 31SL. I just like the ability to use the truck for more then just towing my trailer. Those hips tend to get in the way and maybe I'll be able too eliminate a vehicle.
CampAddict is offline   Reply With Quote