Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #1

2012 ram truck tweeks

Has any one tweeked up their trucks such as computer module, air intake, or muffler aftermarket. Im thinking about doing this to my truck. And ideas on brands you have put in or to stay clear of
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #2

I don't have a 2012 but I do have the 2010. I visit the Cummings Forums often.

I have installed the Edge Juice with Attitude and I am very happy with the performance, gages and mileage increase.
If you read the forum most will say that a after market intake is a waste of money and in most cases are a decrease in performance. Also, very likely to have a motor warranty claim issue declined by Ram.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

I have heard good and bad on edge products. And I have used a bully dog triple dog on my 2004 diesel, bully dog triple dog gas on my 2008 hemi and looking at bully dog for my 2012 but it doesnt seem to have the same tweaks as the other programmers did or maybe it just doesnt show that it does. And debating on using ram air intake from banks, k&n, or AFE
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #4

On the Cummins forum they always talk down Bull Dog and Banks. The most used programmer's are H&S, Smarty, Edge and EFI Live. However, H&S is currently not making any products due to a EPA fine over deleting trucks. Several of the industries companies have also been fined. Currently EFI Live has not come out with anything for the 4th Gen Ram trucks.

I have had my Edge for 3 years and love it. It also has the best screen and gauges.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #5

I will definitely keep that in mind.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #6

I don't like to post it because of all the crackdowns, but I am "deleted" with cat back exhaust, H&S on tow with transmission tuning, S&B intake. Intake was a necessity, salt took out the clamps and tore my intake. Our friends with identical rig and the 2012 high performance engine doesn't get as good mileage and is slightly down on pulling the hills compared to our 11. I am gentle on my truck, not looking at a race truck and do all my own maintenance. I am pretty much finished as far as the warranty goes and my state doesn't test diesels yet. Real world mileage, 11.5 to 13 towing to Savannah, GA, and several trips to Tenn. My unloaded mileage averages (hand calculated) 18-20 depending on conditions and traffic. Is it worth it, to me yes because I do all my own work. Money wise, not sure it is the best investment, may take me awhile to re-coup the cost of parts, but my oil is clean, sounds good and my turbo is clean when I change filters.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote