Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

Truck

I know there was a thread on show me the trucks but I was unable to locate it. I am not sure if my attachment will even show. We finally got part one of two and are working on preparing it to tow. I hope this works, if not I will try again.
We were going to attend the rv show in Hershey but are going to the one in Timonium Maryland as this is close to a dealer we are hoping to order from. Hershey is really big. I hope the picture of our truck is attached.....Earl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0727.jpg (364.3 KB, 9 views)
LBOROOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #2

Nice looking truck.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Site Team

thats a great looking truck
Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #4

Earl, very nice truck!!

Good luck with the show, hope you find the RW deal you're looking for. Which model are you looking at?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #5

Nice truck, enjoy !!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Team

Hi Earl, great looking truck ! We live in Nottingham, MD just north of the Baltimore beltway. Got our RL from Scott at Leo's Vacation World in Gambrills. I'm presuming that's where you are talking about as I think they are the only RW dealer in MD.
Good people nd if you're dealing with Scott, a really good guy and fair. We got a great price from them after comparing prices from 4 dealers.

I would go to Hershey even if you are going to order from Leo's. The Timonium show will have at most 2 Redwoods, the Hershey show will have pretty much the whole line. My suggestion if you're not sure which model you want would be to go to Hershey and then sit down with Leo's
Old 08-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBOROOM View Post
I know there was a thread on show me the trucks but I was unable to locate it. I am not sure if my attachment will even show. We finally got part one of two and are working on preparing it to tow. I hope this works, if not I will try again.
We were going to attend the rv show in Hershey but are going to the one in Timonium Maryland as this is close to a dealer we are hoping to order from. Hershey is really big. I hope the picture of our truck is attached.....Earl

I'll give a hell of a deal on a 2012 RL with a slide-in-slide
Old 08-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #8

Great looking truck!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #9

Good looking truck, good luck and safe travels.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for the compliments. We are going to the show in Hershey and stop at Leo's on the way. I have spoken with Scott on a couple of occasion, I glad to hear good things about him. I knew the show in Hershey was much bigger, we attended last year. I didn't realize Timonium would only have a few RW's. We have pretty much decided on the 38GK however you never know what you might see at the show. Trying to work on our profile so I can add our pictures. Baby steps. Thanks....Earl
LBOROOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
I'll give a hell of a deal on a 2012 RL with a slide-in-slide
Dave, Are you going to sell or trade your Redwood? I may have an interested party in mind.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
Site Team

I have a meeting scheduled with my business banker next week and that will determine how fast we get serious about a motor home. We're really torn because we LOVE the Redwood and I know I'll take a loss on it.

I'm thinking I have 2 more trips planed. One is to the rally this week and then a small trip planned with my 5 year old grand daughter. After that I'm probably going to put the Redwood on RV Trader and sell the truck off locally. I really hate to split the pair up but the likelihood of selling the complete rig I think is slim. If I sell the truck locally, I'll keep the tuner and exhaust on it. Otherwise I'll take that off the tuner and exhaust and sell it off on ebay.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
lwg

Dave,
You should post more info on your truck here. I'd be somewhat tempted to consider it but it'd likely be a few months. We've "contemplated" changing to a DRV or possibly even a new Redwood in the next year. Either way I should probably consider switching to a DRW (Definitely needed for a DRV).