Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #21

Yep. And that is what we will be thinking about when we have had enough. We have been lucky so far... But I am now a nervous traveler, waiting for my brakes to start leaking grease, or my tires to blow, or my black tank to fall off, or bolts in the undercarriage to come lose, or my bearings to freeze, or my rear window to fall off, or landing legs to stop working or ... unfortunately I could go on all day.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #22

Well I had a completely flawless 10 day vacation with the Redwood, and it got it's exercise - high winds, pouring rain, near tornado activity, 105 degree heat, never even got my toolbox out other than to put a new Bauer door lock on I received last year.

Ford - not such a happy story, but guess what! No questions asked - under warranty including the ride to the Dealer. I don't even know whats wrong with it, and I don't care - its under warranty, and any Dealer I choose .....and I didn't even adjust the brakes at 200 miles!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150706_124838.jpg (467.2 KB, 1 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #23

LOL! Yes, they "GET IT". Instead of selling you a truck for $25K with the expectation that it will implode in 2 years, they sell it to you for $60K and you confidently buy a new one in 4 years. What a concept.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:19 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Well I had a completely flawless 10 day vacation with the Redwood, and it got it's exercise - high winds, pouring rain, near tornado activity, 105 degree heat, never even got my toolbox out other than to put a new Bauer door lock on I received last year.

Ford - not such a happy story, but guess what! No questions asked - under warranty including the ride to the Dealer. I don't even know whats wrong with it, and I don't care - its under warranty, and any Dealer I choose .....and I didn't even adjust the brakes at 200 miles!
Brad
Are they loading that on a chevy
Old 07-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #25

I think its an International

What's funny is I caught my daughter messing with the truck over the holiday as a joke. She had some vinyl she neatly applied over the Blue badges all the way around. I called her up yesterday and told her she gave my truck an identity crisis and it woke up thinking it was a Chevy so it rolled over and played dead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04594.jpg (194.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04596.jpg (64.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-06-2015, 11:53 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Well hopefully you were close to home when the truck quit. Never fails when you think everything's going great and wham
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #27

It just starting dumping out fuel when running - not sure what it was (is), but it didn't happen until I was in the neighborhood - at least I think.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:12 AM   #28

Looks just all the Fords I've had experience with, being towed or hauled off!! Brad, fortunately it's under warranty, good luck!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #29

Thanks Danny. I put that picture up for your caption! You went easy on me.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I know New Horizon's just sells direct but you cannot move enough units that way, and I heard they are going under (not sure if that's true).
Perhaps I am being ultra-sensitive here, but I think we should all exercise care when it comes to making this sort of statement on a forum such as this.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #31

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
We've all heard the bad stories but I think the good ones need passed along as well......

Not long ago while camping I ran across a couple in a new Redwood MB. In our discussion he relayed to me that he was turned down by his dealer for a warranty issue which didn't seem right to me.

Today I heard back from him and Redwood is standing behind the warranty work to his satisfaction. To me it's always good news when a fellow RVer feels he's being dealt with fairly.

I tip my hat to Jim Lazzarino and the others at Redwood for doing the right thing and helping this guy
Dave & Ginny,
On behalf of the Redwood and CrossRoads company, I would like to say THANK YOU! for sticking with us as you had an issue with your rig. Also we would like to thank you for taking the time to post something positive about your experience. We have found that it is much easier to publicly complain then to publicly praise and for that, in return, we praise you. We here at Redwood stand behind our products and we know that not everything can be perfect, but we do our best to make those products as perfect as can be for you and others alike.

Again, thank you! And now you know that if you ever had any questions, concerns, whatever it may be, we are here to help you in the best, most efficient was possible.

Journey on!
ttroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #32

Dave has been/still is one of RWs biggest cheerleaders (maybe ugliest too) from the very beginning & has been a huge help to a of folks on here, to bad he jumped ship.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote