Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #1

The New Redwood is Here !!!!!

After many weeks of anticipation the time has finally arrived. Yesterday I picked up our new home (name still in dispute) in Salt Lake and made the drive back to Vegas. All I can say is WOW!

Big shout out to Robert (Psychobob) for the assist with the PDI. Kind of overwhelming experience for a first timer. If nothing else you gave me some confidence. And no…. I did not take out their entire east side chain link fence.

Also like to thank all the members of this forum as I read every thread prior to choosing and picking this up. Your knowledge was invaluable in our selection and will also be in the future.

Towed like a dream with the Ram and with the Titan 52 gal did not have to stop except for coffee.

Really like all the new mods for this year, with the exception of eliminating the desk file drawers. Wife is happy with the split sink since it is huge and the wood stairs. I do think they could have gotten a few more light switches in the system if they had tried harder.

Will send some more interior shots later. Right now it is time to test the skid wheels to driveway angle. After 6.5 hours of straight driving it was the last thing I wanted to do last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1162.jpg (262.9 KB, 18 views)
JahRomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #2

Congratulations! Those two look like they were built for each other!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

How exciting!!!! Thrilled for you guys, and proud to have you as part of the Redwood family.

Hope to see you at one of Regional Rallies and/or the National Rally in 2016!!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

Nice set up! What color is the truck?
Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Congratulations !! What model is it ? If it's one that I have in my system, I'll send you a set of light switch labels. Just PM me.

Beautiful rig, I hope you have a lot of great times in it.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

Piper guy….Thanks, ts the 39MB, I will PM you with my details. Truck is same black as the unit and the tan/gold is almost spot on.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:32 PM   #7

Congrats on the awesome looking new RW ! ! ! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours till now ! ! !
Good Luck and Happy Camping !
ps . you will love the labels that Piper Guy offered to make ! !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #8

Pdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahRomo View Post
Big shout out to Robert (Psychobob) for the assist with the PDI. Kind of overwhelming experience for a first timer. If nothing else you gave me some confidence.
Tell me more about your PDI experience. Did you have to have anything fixed? My new Redwood is on order through the same dealer and I would like to know what to expect.

BTW I saw your unit at the dealership. Very nice!!

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #9

Ron, Glad that you made is home safely and you left the chain link fence and the dealer. LOL!

I sure enjoyed being involved with the PDI of your new Redwood, it's beautiful and the truck just adds to the package. Hope to run into you again somewhere out on the road. Enjoy!
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #10

From one 39MB user to another - Welcome to the Redwood Family! What a beauty you have there!!! :-)
Make plans to attend one of the REGIONAL Rallies and/or the National in 2016! A great way to visit around the campfire other like minded people! :-)

Happy RVing!
Lady E Cooper
Lady DRV - 2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450 w/Executive Office Options
LadyEcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 PM   #11

Beautiful Rig, I know your going to love it like the rest of us love our rigs!! Congrats!!

Char
Old 11-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #12

Great color choice, I know you will love it, as we do!
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Tell me more about your PDI experience. Did you have to have anything fixed? My new Redwood is on order through the same dealer and I would like to know what to expect.

BTW I saw your unit at the dealership. Very nice!!

Larry
For fixes it was very minor, of course I haven't cycled everything quite yet. Couple trim pieces and lights.

The PDI, well for me it really could have been overwhelming. I have never had a trailer or towed before. I educated myself as good as I could. Read every posting on this site and and a few others, made my checklists and so forth. Of course you mostly hear the negatives on the forums, but overall it was a positive experience.

Was lucky enough to find Robert who only worked 10 mins from there and had the same model in February. Helped in my confidence as well as understanding something simple the tech tried to make complicated or didn't know. btw, that was not much, the tech was pretty sharp. Can't say the same for the parts guy, bit of a tool and acts like you are an idiot. But he is only selling parts and if you educate yourself on prices beforehand, whats the harm.

My biggest recommendation is to video EVERYTHING and ask questions on the video. Already had to go to it 3 times this afternoon.

Overall my experience with this dealer so far is positive. They even pointed me to who to go to and who to stay away from here in the vegas area so I would not have to come back (6.5 hrs for me). We will see.

Good Luck, we are still smiling!

Ron
Old 11-20-2015, 02:47 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Congrats on your new rig
Old 11-20-2015, 02:49 AM   #15

Boy...talk about a steep learning curve! I think I would be a little overwhelmed myself with not having been an RV owner before and hooking up and towing that beautiful Redwood. Congrats on a great choice! Let us know about your RV travels.

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:45 AM   #16

Yeah you could say a little steep… Did you see my skid caster thread?

The fact that I actually got up that driveway and onto the pad is still a little amazing to me. More amazing, no paint or pride was left anywhere that it shouldn't have been while doing it. Maybe a little rubber?
Old 11-20-2015, 03:49 AM   #17

Yes...saw your caster thread. I guess everything worked as advertised. Did you have the "audience" you were anticipating?
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:16 AM   #18

awesome looking rig congrats
Old 11-20-2015, 07:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahRomo View Post
For fixes it was very minor, of course I haven't cycled everything quite yet. Couple trim pieces and lights.

The PDI, well for me it really could have been overwhelming. I have never had a trailer or towed before. I educated myself as good as I could. Read every posting on this site and and a few others, made my checklists and so forth. Of course you mostly hear the negatives on the forums, but overall it was a positive experience.

Ron
Congradulations. Looks great.

Like you, last month was my first time. It is great that you got the extra fuel tank. If I had that on my trip, my driving experience and satisfaction would have been a lot higher.

My next hurdle is trying to figure out where I can park this rig when I want to stop at Arby's or Fazoli's.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #20

I saw the casters on your rig at the dealership. Did the dealer install them for you? I posted on the caster thread that I thought they were factory installed because your Rig had just arrived.

As for Parts Guys (I thought the same about the one you met), we all are a little different breed. I have been one for over 40 years...
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote