Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Site Team

New Competition

It was released today that Forrest River will soon be releasing a new upper end 5th wheel. It does have some features that could up the competition of future 5th wheels.

Standard:

8k dexter axles
Power management system (very over due)
3 inch sidewalls
100 amp converter

I used to have a Forrest River product and wasn't happy with their customer service but this new trailer should stir things up.

Let the race begin
Old 08-26-2015, 07:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
It was released today that Forrest River will soon be releasing a new upper end 5th wheel. It does have some features that could up the competition of future 5th wheels.

Standard:

8k dexter axles
Power management system (very over due)
3 inch sidewalls
100 amp converter

I used to have a Forrest River product and wasn't happy with their customer service but this new trailer should stir things up.

Let the race begin
The main thing that sets Mobile Suites ahead also is the wall thickness and the Morryde Independent Suspension. Looked at the 44 Houston.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

Thats an odd wall size, i wonder if they are hung walls.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:30 PM   #4

The FR Cedar Creek we had was nice enough for an '02 model, but it towed like I was dragging an anchor, very heavy feeling.
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:35 AM   #5

I had a FR toy hauler, wouldn't own another FR product as long as I live.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #6

BRING IT ON!! (Sorry, I've been waiting for an excuse to use that smiley for a long time )
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
BRING IT ON!! (Sorry, I've been waiting for an excuse to use that smiley for a long time )
LOL Christian:-)
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #8
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post

I like that one too.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #9

Dave was right, Forest Rivers' new Riverstone is out. I drive past one at International RV of Elkhart several days per week. Looked it up and they did decent job putting it together. 8k axles, disc brakes, 17.5" H rated tires, surge protector wired, waste management system, 2 battery trays that hold 2 - 12 volt batteries each, Water manifold system, 6 point auto level, Easy access to inverter, hydraulic pump and reservoir for brakes. 1,000 watt wall heater in the bedroom, 50/50 stainless kit sink, 60" shower, 3 1/4" thick side walls even in the slide outs, 32" entry door, 4 step Aluminum entry steps, Rear View Camera, Residential refer, Induction cooktop, 2 - 40LB propane tanks, Lazy Boys, Tankless Water heater, Alumagard topped awnings, R16 value in walls, R38 in roof and floor, Bose system, electric cord reel and more. More competition like this will drive Redwood to up theirs also. only saw 4 for sale on rvtrader.com and there is a 17 minute video out there on youtube.

I will stick with our 36RL for now, We still Love it!

Chris and Maria
r time soon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:53 AM   #10

Had some hours to kill in Dallas waiting for a plane, so Dory and I visited Explore USA to look at a 38RL. Redwood does a nice job, nice new features. I looked a 2016 38FB as well, pretty cool. It had the 3 ACs (the salesman didn't know that ) and power management, and also the butler pantry with electric wine cooler in lieu of the 1/2 bath. Nice touch. It also had the tall roof, which I'm just not sure had a purpose. Because of the height, the walls come in on you a bit and you feel like you're in a semi-trailer when sitting down in the back.

Redwood HAS to pick a different path with that entry door!! As soon as I opened it and felt the resistance it gave me the heeby geebies (the feeling I get when something aint right) and it reminded me of all the trouble folks are having with them separating from the wall. It stopped any thought I had of upgrading until that problem goes away for good. Cmon Redwood, nothing worse on the first impression than a door that feels like its been sitting is saltwater too long or that it is sprung. I'm fine the wind banging my door open........
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote