Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
Site Team

Insurance company questions

It's that time. Now that we're changing our official address to South Dakota and changing licenses and tags, etc, it's time to redo the insurance.

I'm getting different quotes and so far Foremost is looking really good for both the coach and vehicles.
Anybody have any first hand experience with them ? I've always had Progressive but there is a significant $$ difference with apples to apples comparison.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #2

I have Foremost coverage for the coach and content of the coach ( fire theft ,act of angry mother nature), Not car insurance. they offer the most reasonable cost for the amount they covered. while traveling I have insurance coverage for accidents on all my trailers as add on to my car policy. The coverage her in MASS can be a PITA some of my trailer require a agent to stamp my registration so I can renew the plates for the next year. JUST PLAN DUMB and a waste of time.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
It's that time. Now that we're changing our official address to South Dakota and changing licenses and tags, etc, it's time to redo the insurance.

I'm getting different quotes and so far Foremost is looking really good for both the coach and vehicles.
Anybody have any first hand experience with them ? I've always had Progressive but there is a significant $$ difference with apples to apples comparison.
I had Foremost on my previous bumper pull trailer and the only claim I had was from a blowout that shredded the floor, side skirting, and brake wiring. They paid the claim in a timely fashion, and even worked with me to partially cover a set of replacement tires for the ones that hadn’t blown yet. I learned two valuable lessons from the incident.... always check and replace your tires based on age, not just tread wear, and always pay attention to the speed rating of the tire. Side note: Fotemost had great rates on my bumper pull but was MUCH higher on my Redwood. I’m with Texas Farm Buteau now and they are very reasonable. They now let you add your coach onto your car insurance policy as an additional vehicle where they previously did not.
kmiller75771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

I just got the renew notice from my agent , statewide all the company in Mass just had a rate increase . Last year it was $540 this year it went up to $806 and I was wrong that did include insurance for a motor vehicle accident along with "other then collision" insurance and personal property.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post

We had Foremost on our bumper pull. The only claim we had was damage to our trim caused by a tire blowout. They were great. Everything was handled by email. A fair estimate was given by them and they sent a us a check.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote