Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
Site Team

Hershey RV Show

I've never been to this show but have we're thinking about it this year. A question to all of those who have been to the show is....are there really special deals at the show for those serious about buying or is it just a show and tell type of show?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #2

Dave, it is a huge show, put on your best walking shoes. The deals are good, we got about 35k off our RW and outstanding trade for our Montana. Warning though, it is getting to be a strictly CW show, they have seemed to take over all of it. Good selection usually and quite a few vendors show up with new gadgets. We plan on attending just to look around.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
Site Team

We've got the MH bug and before we buy one I'd like to see what's all out there. Also, I'd like to see about any special deals that might be offered. As usual, the dealerships I've been trying to deal with wants to steel our unit and worship they're own.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:42 PM   #4

I hear ya. Friends that owned an identical RW as ours, got the MH bug after a year. He couldn't wait and got a 15 Winnie Tour 42qd. I think they saw MH in his eyes and robbed him of his trade in. He had two pulls on the RW. Believe they gave him well below value, I wouldn't have done the deal. I see a lot of folks that pull in with their rig and leave with a new one, same day, so the deals are good. At least it will give you some ideas about what to expect, or worse, drive away with a new MH :-)
USN Retired

Old 07-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
Site Team

We're not going with the Redwood...we'll take the diesel Passat and stay in a hotel. So far we like the Tiffin Bus 45 LP but I still want to look at the others. It might take several months to put a deal together.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #6

Last year we stayed at the Hershey hotel for the show. There are real deals at the show but they are usually on the stuff they don't want to tow back. So if your prepared to buy and take delivery then and there the deals were good. The RW at the show were priced a lot better than the ones that needed to be ordered and built. We literally picked what we wanted in our RW at the show and ordered it after the show was over.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:32 PM   #7

Last week we were parked next to a 45' Tiffin & it was the best looking MH I've ever seen, mostly white with swirls of black & very dark cherry, beeeeautiful! towing a black 4 door Jeep Wrangler, VERY nice looking setup. The guy said he could drive 12 hours a day with 1 finger.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #8
Site Team

I thought I had one today....it was a 2013 with under 1000 miles on it but either it sold or they were using it to draw in buyers.

We'll go to the show and look at all the different brands to be sure the Tiffin is what we want. Then we might just sell the rig off if the dealers dont offer a better deal because really we're arent in a hurry.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Love the Tiffin brand, more specifically the Allegro Bus, the 45LP is a dream, we really like having the entertainment center in the LR instead of the TV behind the DR, and the 1/2 bath is a great feature!!!!!. If I were to go with a Class A this would be the coach I'l look for.

A couple of workcampers here have the big Winnie, similar configuration as the 45LP but I really like the tiffin brand!!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
Site Team

I'm going to look at the winnie, newmar and the Entegra. Does anybody know anything about the American Coach?
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
Site Team

Dave, I would put American Coach in the same class as Tiffin and Entegra. Long time builder with a very loyal following.
Build a nice coach too !
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #12

Dave, my dream coach is the American Revolution. Friend of ours owns nothing but the Revolution. I believe he is on his third one. It is the lowest scale of the American Coach lineup. Personally I think it is above the Winnie in build quality. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the four. Newmar has a great following and huge get togethers. I got a walk thru of our friends new Winnie, it has a lot of nice features, is very large with the super slides and has the nice rear bathroom and another 1/2 bath. They now have the Aqua-hot system standard and residential fridge and stove top. No propane anything anymore.
USN Retired

Old 08-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #13
Site Team

Some of the American Coaches are priced right. I thought they were part of Fleetwood so they scared me a little.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #14

I love the 42G, I think that's the floor plan. Nice setup, well thought out. Have fun looking at them all. Or just say the heck with it and go Prevost with your personal likes, starting at 800k :-)
USN Retired

Old 08-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
I love the 42G, I think that's the floor plan. Nice setup, well thought out. Have fun looking at them all. Or just say the heck with it and go Prevost with your personal likes, starting at 800k :-)

I've looked at the used Prevost but most are too gaudy....I'm not a rock star
Old 08-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #16

Buy one of those and you could be a rock star, at least in the campgrounds. Saw a 45' Prevost custom, pulling a 30' plus TT custom painted to match up I-81 last week. Quite the sight.
USN Retired

Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #17

IMHO the Prevost look like rolling brothels, way too many mirrors for this fat boy!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
Site Team

My wife and I saw inside one and I told her that if I put a dancing pole in it .....it would pay for itself. She didn't buy into the idea
Old 08-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #19

Dave we owned an American Dream for thirteen years and they build a very good coach. If I could buy another I would in a heat beat. We had one of the first slide outs that they made and it was well equipped with what was available in 98. Everything was over built. We had many great years in her as we are now enjoying our third summer in our 36 RL. You have to drive them all or else you have problems. I know from this forum that you will. Enjoy the hunt and don't miss Hershey. They didn't have Hershey when we went out so we went to Harrisburg the other show site in Penn. That's where we bought her. Starting to think of plunging all over again. Bad thought!*(: But that turn the key, pick up the jacks feeling made me feel unrestricted. I could put that into any spot that was available, many many times in a field of dry campers who just liked being unattached.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #20

When we were in Branson workcamping the campground we worked at was used by Newell for their new owners to "test" their new $1.5+M rigs. They would spend 3-5 days in the park with their new Newell's checking them out, then they would go back to the factory to have things fixed or tweaked.

These are some beautiful rigs, way too rich for me!!!