Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
r time soon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 565
Evergreen closes its doors

On the front page of the Elkhart Truth today. Evergreen closing it's doors. Not sure if a buyer will take them over or what will happen. Owners may be out of luck as far as warranties go.

EverGreen RV shuts down after week of rumors - Elkhart Truth

Lifestyle was their high end model.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
On the front page of the Elkhart Truth today. Evergreen closing it's doors. Not sure if a buyer will take them over or what will happen. Owners may be out of luck as far as warranties go.

EverGreen RV shuts down after week of rumors - Elkhart Truth

Lifestyle was their high end model.

Chris
I'm never happy to hear of something like this. The more competition in the RV manufacturing brings a better product for everyone involved.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:46 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,639
Yep, it is tough to see a RV Company go down when the RV industry is strong like it is today
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 102
I'm sorry to hear this too, tho' I can't say I'm surprised. We had their 30-ft. TT Everlite29FK for 5 years, and it was a good little camper. When we decided to upgrade to a fifth wheel, we looked at Lifestyle (among many other brands) and just had a weird feeling about their customer support......like scheduling an appointment for a tour, then them not knowing we were coming. They didn't have anyone to help us. And more.
fiddleddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
The Lifestyle showed some promise for a while and we lost a few Redwood owners to them. In watching the Lifestyles going down the highway they didn't seem to have the elegance that the Redwood has.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 661
I liked the Lifestyle 5er when we were looking it was between it and RW. We were able to get a better deal on the RW. I did like the slides on the Lifestyle no lip with wiper that pushed off all the water when retracted.
__________________

2015 RL38
2018 FORD F350 SRW
RWJSIM2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,077
So history tells a story that Carriage walked off the floor and pulled the plug on the production line without notice to anyone. The incoming telephone calls went unanswered.

The so called visionaries from Carriage opened Lifestyle Luxury RV, and again walked off the floor and pulled the plug on the production line without notice to anyone. The incoming telephone calls again go unanswered.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.............

I knew Lifestyle went to the dogs when they dropped the box frame that made them famous and went crawling to Lippert last year.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
So history tells a story that Carriage walked off the floor and pulled the plug on the production line without notice to anyone. The incoming telephone calls went unanswered.

The so called visionaries from Carriage opened Lifestyle Luxury RV, and again walked off the floor and pulled the plug on the production line without notice to anyone. The incoming telephone calls again go unanswered.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.............

I knew Lifestyle went to the dogs when they dropped the box frame that made them famous and went crawling to Lippert last year.
I didn't realize that they gave up the box frame. That was a bone headed thing to do. I feel sorry for all the folks who bought them over the last couple of years because there won't be any factory support.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
I didn't realize that they gave up the box frame. That was a bone headed thing to do. I feel sorry for all the folks who bought them over the last couple of years because there won't be any factory support.
Ya, they dropped the Titan in house system and went to the standard 12" Lippert and Lippert 6 pt leveling instead of big foot. It shows in the pics in this ad for a 2017 (especially the wheel shot showing the frame). The slides are like the Redwood and the fenders come out with the slide.

2017 Evergreen LIFESTYLE LUXURY LS 3612RL, Ocala FL - - RVtrader.com

compared to this 2016 that still had the big foot and trimmed lower panels and fenders that stay in place over the wheels when the slides are out. You can see the box frame in the wheel shot.

2016 Lifestyle Luxury Rv LS39FB, Kyle TX - - RVtrader.com
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:29 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,639
When Lifestyle dropped the Box Frame and went to the Lippert I Beam Frame, they also dropped the Full Wall Slide Model, tells you something about the strength of the Lippert Frame
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.