Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

2015 - RW38GK (Empty Gray Water Tank # 2

Hello All,

I am a new Redwood owner and recently purchased a 2015 - RW38GK. I have a question that I hope someone out there can answer.......Both gray tank # 1 and # 2 are full according to the red indicator light on the main panel in the galley. I had no problem emptying gray tank # 1, but from what I have read online in bits and pieces is that the release valve to open and drain gray water tank # 2 is located on another area of the rig. Does anyone out there happen to know where it is located as I would now like to empty gray water tank # 2. Any input and assistance from our RW Owners Community would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Sean Moore
scm2900@gmail.com
Scm2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #2

I would think they would be together like my 36re. It would have to be behind a door or in a compartment.

Mark
Old 02-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #3

On my 2014 gk, the valves are both in the docking station, although it is labeled as galley.
Ksjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #4

RE: Emptying Gray Water Tank # 2

Mark,

Many thanks for the reply. Oddly enough from some of the messages posted by RW Owners on Google, this Gray Tank # 2 topic is very open-ended as many Owners reconfigure with additional valves etc...in order to direct how their Gray Water is being dispersed between Tank # 1 and Tank # 2.

I also came across some RW Owner posts on Google where a separate valve for Gray Tank # 2 does exist, but they do not reference where except that it is in a different location on the unit. I guess we shall see what other responses come in. Thanks so much for your time and input.

Sincerely,

Sean
Old 02-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksjames View Post
On my 2014 gk, the valves are both in the docking station, although it is labeled as galley.
Thanks, I will give that a try then. Very much appreciated!!

Sean
Old 02-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scm2900 View Post
Mark,

Many thanks for the reply. Oddly enough from some of the messages posted by RW Owners on Google, this Gray Tank # 2 topic is very open-ended as many Owners reconfigure with additional valves etc...in order to direct how their Gray Water is being dispersed between Tank # 1 and Tank # 2.

I also came across some RW Owner posts on Google where a separate valve for Gray Tank # 2 does exist, but they do not reference where except that it is in a different location on the unit. I guess we shall see what other responses come in. Thanks so much for your time and input.

Sincerely,

Sean
Sean,

the reason why some of us have added an extra valve is so that we can connect the 2 grey tanks and therefore use all available capacities. The galley seems to be under used while the grey from the bathroom is used more.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #7

Thanks

That makes perfect sense, I am going to have to do the same. Thanks for the advice.

Sean
Old 02-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #8

Sean,
I have a 2014 38GK. If yours is plumbed like mine, the outside valve did me no good. Here are the details on my rig:
The galley tank gathers waste water from the shower, kitchen sink & dishwasher.

The grey tank gathers water from the 2 bath sinks and the washer drain.

I tried using the outside valve so that the galley tank would backup into the grey tank. It didn't work on my rig because the grey tank sits higher than the galley tank. Once the galley tank filled, the traps started to leak and I had water leaking under the rig.

This solution would have worked if the two tanks, grey and galley were mounted at the same level. Unfortunately, mine were not. This would have been a big help boon docking so I was disappointed it didn't work.

Redwood sent me a diagram of the plumbing. Though not complete, it was a help. Let me know if you'd like a copy, PM me.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #9

Problem Solved

It was the one marked "galley". Many thanks for everyone's response, assistance, and input. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Sean