Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #1

RV Storage in Tuscon Apr-Dec

We are tired of having our Redwood beat up on the highways and are looking to store our 2013 36 FB in Tuscon. Has anyone had experience with this and any recommendations?
bkedgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkedgar View Post
We are tired of having our Redwood beat up on the highways and are looking to store our 2013 36 FB in Tuscon. Has anyone had experience with this and any recommendations?
We are in Picacho Peak to the west of Tucson, before selling our RW it was stored here for a couple years due to health issues, listed below was my experience.
Your 3 biggest issues will be #1 the sun & #2 critters, & #3 no humidity.
A good wax job & roof maintenance prior to storage would be needed for #1. I would not recommend a cover, the wind & dust during the summer flapping that cover would, in my opinion, do more damage than uncovered if by chance it lasted all summer without getting torn up.
Spread several packets of Fresh Cab rodent repellant in/under several spots throughout the interior & storage compartments, also some Ramick Green pellets underneath the RV (both found at TSC) to help with #2.
For #3 get 2-3 large Rubbermaid storage tubs to fill with water & if possible have someone check on it periodically to refill those tubs.
You'll need to disconnect the batteries, not using the factory disconnect unless you've rewired it. Remove the negative cable from battery that goes directly to the ground will disconnect all battery drain. I bought a 2 amp solar charger at Batteries+ & connected + lead to one battery & - lead to the other, fished cable through the propane compartment & hung it facing west, this kept the batteries right at 12 volts all year. You may need someone also to check the water in the batteries occasionally also.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote