Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Hart116
I'm looking for any recommendations of an great RV Park around either Austin or San Antonio or anywhere in between for a week in January. We prefer state parks because they are usually empty and quiet this time of year, or a very nice privately owned park.

Thanks!
Hart116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #2

If you are military, Fort Sam Houston has a great RV park in San Antonio. Also you might check rv park.com and allstays rv applications. I used those during my recent trips and out of 70 stops only had 2 that were not to standard.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #3

If you're an Escapees member they have a park in Hondo... it's just west of San Antonio. If you are full time and not an Escapee you may want to look into a membership. It has saved us a lot of money on camping fees. Passport America is a good money saver too.

Also, try looking on campgroundreviews.com for user reviews of campgrounds. I use it to find campgrounds then google earth to see the campground and surrounding area.Edited by: TravelinAnderson
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #4

New brumfields just north of San Antonio right next to the highway don't remember the name great place and you can go into town to the German restaurant great place also
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
M&K

In New Braunsfels the name is Hill Country RV and Resort. We are taking off today and plan on getting there mon or tues.
M&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

There's a river there with ducks and a boat ramp only downside there right between the two Bridges
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K
In New Braunsfels the name is Hill Country RV and Resort. We are taking off today and plan on getting there mon or tues.
I think I stayed there about 10 years ago and it was a clean place then. It didn't impress me when I turned off the road but once I got past the gate it was nice.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Hart116
Thanks for the tips, Ill start doing some homework.

Stephen

2013 Redwood 36FB
2010 Ford F350 DRW AirLift bags B&W Companion
Hart116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #9

You may also want to look at Blazing Star RV Resort in San Antonio. Near Seaworld and Fiesta Texas and not far from Downtown SA and the Hill Country. Really nice privately owned park.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #10

Also near Sea World is Admirality RV Resort. We have stayed there several times - very nice park.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #11

MCkenny Falls State Park is just Southeast outside Austin real nice and easy access to Austin & San Antio. Also Travis Lake Area has a great RV park.
i have an APP for my iPhone & iPad " RV parking. com) its free and works great.
From Oregon and in AZ. until May.
Bob Spetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #12

Were currently staying at the Alamo Fiesta RV Resort in Boerne TX. We have been here for a while. Nice place to stay. I have been working in San Antonio which is a short 20 mins ride straight down I - 10 E. Easy on and off highway and close to just about everything. Very nice surrounding area in Boerne. If you make it down stop by and say hi were tucked in under the trees on the outer loop far end away from the office.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote