Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #1

Red Canyon, Utah Tunnels (Utah 12)

We're planning a run to Zion and Bryce Canyon NPs this year. I see that Utah 12 has two tunnels rated at 13' 6". They look like arched tunnels which usually means the clearance is defined near the edge of the arch. Has anyone in the community been through these tunnels and, if so, was there any trouble with height? Just to be clear, I am not talking about the Zion/Mt Carmel tunnels which I know I can't get through. Thanks in advance

Robb
2014 31SL stock
2013 GMC Denali HD SRW
rlmankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

Hi,
We went through that area Sept. 2019 and there was no issue. I do admit to crossing the centerline to pass under the highest part of the arch just in case!
Good luck. A very beautiful area, enjoy.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:37 AM   #3
Site Team

We're at Lake Powell in Page AZ. If time permits Lake Powell and it's canyons are a must see. I work as one of the Captains on the lake.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #4

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #5

We plan to pass through Page and will stop. We want to tour Antelope Canyon and to see Horseshoe Bend. We’ve boated on Powell many times between Hite and the San Juan. Powell country is awesome. thanks for the great idea!
Old 12-08-2019, 04:04 AM   #6

When you go to Antalope canyon, go to the Lower one, the upper one is just a short hike and cost the same as going thru the lower which is a lot longer. If you don't have a problem with going down a ladder to get in the canyon and then some short ones inside the canyon then go thru the lower for sure. A much better deal, I live in Page and I didn't go thru the lower till I had been there for years and regretted not going thru it the first time. The upper canyon is a waste of money. It will cost $50 a head to go thru. Wish I was there to meet you and Vaughan but I am in the Philippines right now. When you go thru Zion Nation Park they charge you by the foot to go thru and when you go thru the tunnels they stop traffic and run one way at a time so you can go down the center and clear the top of your RV. Have fun and enjoy the beauty.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #7

Geo

Sorry you are in the Philippines (NOT. I am in Angeles City Metrogate community give me a buzz at BGL19482000@YAHOO.Com , should you be close. Here till July, sold our S&B so now we can travel the world just wish the REDWOOD was here and not stuck in a shed in Alabama.
Bob & MariaVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #8

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the lower canyon is the best deal. My wife is a photographer, so we hope to get some good photos.